Best players in the state as of now?

dylan32

Smallball, I have seen all these kids play. And they are all the real deal. It's hard to make an all-state team, and I realize that, someone will always get left off. However, these are the kids that really made an impact on me. Who in this list would you challenge me on? P.S. I have not seen ever kid in the state play, that would be pretty tough to accomplish for anyone. But I would like to know who you would take off to add?

No, I wasn't questioning the guys ON the list. Just sounded like you'd seen a lot of baseball throughout the state and several guys I've seen aren't on your list. No big deal, just wondered if you'd really seen THAT many teams play. Sorry for the confusion.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you talk about the best players in the state and not say anything about Cord Dodd from Jackson North Side! He will be drafted somewhere in the top twenty rounds! I'd say he is one of the best!

Maybe so, but there are several ppl that post on here that have never even heard of Cord Dodd. Just sayin.

Cord Dodd hit another HR yesterday! He hit a 3-0 curveball! It was a rocket linedrive over the 400 ft centerfield wall! Int. walked next 3 ab's!

So for the district tournament, he has seen a total of 5 strikes and he has 2 Hr's and a double! He also has 5 intentional walks and has been hit once! Has scored 7 runs and has 8 rbi's! IN TWO GAMES!!!

Cord Dodd hit another HR yesterday! He hit a 3-0 curveball! It was a rocket linedrive over the 400 ft centerfield wall! Int. walked next 3 ab's!

So for the district tournament, he has seen a total of 5 strikes and he has 2 Hr's and a double! He also has 5 intentional walks and has been hit once! Has scored 7 runs and has 8 rbi's! IN TWO GAMES!!!

What is Cord's batting average, HR total, RBI, Slug PCT, OBP? I know he is going to Walters State which is a raw school. I am curious to know what is average and power numbers are. No guesstimates

What is Cord's batting average, HR total, RBI, Slug PCT, OBP? I know he is going to Walters State which is a raw school. I am curious to know what is average and power numbers are. No guesstimates

Walters State a raw school?

http://www.ws.edu/athletics/Mens_Baseball/Traditions/Previous%20Years%20Record/Draft%20History/MLB%20Draft%20History.htm

http://www.ws.edu/athletics/news/athleticviewstory.asp?id=359

I have seen Jarreld of Goodpasture hit two home runs in one game this year.

I have been watching Overbey at USJ since he was in the 8th grade. Following in my favorite all-time high school baseball player's footsteps at Ole Miss :lol:

I have seen Norris at Science Hill a couple of times.

Ethan Bennett at Farragut only got one hit against us last year - LOL!! (he's pretty good!)

That's a pretty good short list of players I have seen in person.

Well I can tell you he has great numbers but that doesn't really tell you what kind of player he really is! I have seen plenty of guys that had good numbers that weren't worth snot but numbers were good cause of the competition they played or because their mom kept the book! I can also tell you he was first team All-State as a sophmore and a junior, but again that doesn't always mean that the player is a great player because of all the politics and stuff! Here is what I do know, He's good! He's dang good!!! There have been scouts all over him all year! After the game yesterday, he took BP on Brighton's field for some scout that had flown in from Oklahoma and got there late and missed Cord's homerun in the first inning! Which was his only swing cause he got intentionally walked the next 3 times up! Are you saying that you won't believe that he is a good player unless he has a high batting average? Have you seen him play?

Well I can tell you he has great numbers but that doesn't really tell you what kind of player he really is! I have seen plenty of guys that had good numbers that weren't worth snot but numbers were good cause of the competition they played or because their mom kept the book! I can also tell you he was first team All-State as a sophmore and a junior, but again that doesn't always mean that the player is a great player because of all the politics and stuff! Here is what I do know, He's good! He's dang good!!! There have been scouts all over him all year! After the game yesterday, he took BP on Brighton's field for some scout that had flown in from Oklahoma and got there late and missed Cord's homerun in the first inning! Which was his only swing cause he got intentionally walked the next 3 times up! Are you saying that you won't believe that he is a good player unless he has a high batting average? Have you seen him play?

I have seen him play and I have personally played with him on a summer ball team. I watched him play against Milan here recently where Northside was defeated 7-4. Good stroke but good numbers tell a lot.

I'm not saying the kid's not good but he actually did nothing spectacular against DCHS during the two season games. To be quite honest, none of the NS team did that great during the regular season games vs DCHS....run ruled both games. But I also know kids....TEAMS improve over the season, but I gotta tell ya...those kids did 100% better at the plate the other day. I wanna know their secret!

Good luck to all of those left in district tournament play!