Randy Moss

Guest slider2002

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As my former jr high coach would say...

Moss is taking up space and breathing good air.

Just another overpaid crybaby who thinks the world owes him for being a professional athlete. It casts a bad shadow on what athletics is all about. I teach my players (Junior high) that success has nothing to do with wins and losses, but everything to do with being respected. Respect and a good name and character will take a person farther in the long run than a sport ever will.

I think this is just another example of the scary trend in professional sports. The attitude of being above reproach is prevalent everywhere. The scary part is this is what our high school athletes and young people have to look up to. As a coach, I can't stand to watch a professional game.If a player makes a play you would think it was the first time he has been successful in his career Wr's and RB's doing endzone dances a LB or DL doing a 30 second dance after every tackle or sack. It is sickening. What has happened to the days when you let your actions speak for you? It has even filtered into the college game and will eventually become part of the high school game I am afraid. An example of the college antics( and this really hurts because I am a diehard UT fan) is Kelley Washington. THe Future? Who nicknames their own self? After reading the ESPN article I was sickened by the arrogance. If you are a great talent then make plays and people will take notice. The soapbox with me is high on this subject but I will cut it off right here. Bottom line athletes should be treated as normal people and Mos or any other player is not above the law. He should be punished and the league needs to step up and take action in this case. To me it would be getting rid of a bad apple.

People can talk all they want about the Titans and the way they have played the past couple of years -- but the best decision they ever made was bypassing Moss in the draft and going instead with Kevin Dyson. What a nightmare Moss would have been in Nashville. He was a trouble maker in college and the beat goes on in the NFL.

Posted by TheEgoHasLanded:

Now they are saying Moss will in fact start...

And this is the first time he has gotten in trouble with the law since being in the pros...I think the titans should have taken him...hes an excellent player, probably the best receiver in football right now, but behind Rice overall...

So the fact that this is the first time he got in trouble (in the pros), makes it ok? He pushed a woman with his car down the street....he has always shown an attitude of being above the law and he will get in trouble again. We have got to stop condoning behavior that is pathetic, because someone has talent...what kind of freaking message are we sending? Owners need to stop being greedy idiots and when someone breaks the law...you hit them where it hurts. You get rid of them and let someone else take care of the problem.

[Edited by TankTalk on 9-26-02 10:42A]

Posted by TankTalk:
Posted by TheEgoHasLanded:

Now they are saying Moss will in fact start...

And this is the first time he has gotten in trouble with the law since being in the pros...I think the titans should have taken him...hes an excellent player, probably the best receiver in football right now, but behind Rice overall...

So the fact that this is the first time he got in trouble (in the pros), makes it ok? He pushed a woman with his car down the street....he has always shown an attitude of being above the law and he will get in trouble again. We have got to stop condoning behavior that is pathetic, because someone has talent...what kind of freaking message are we sending? Owners need to stop being greedy idiots and when someone breaks the law...you hit them where it hurts. You get rid of them and let someone else take care of the problem.

[Edited by TankTalk on 9-26-02 10:42A]

I'm with ya Tank...but shouldn't we be hitting them where they hurt in College?...or for that matter...in High School???...