Lenoir City Coach

LCityplayer

I can assure you that I am not bitter. It was one of the most valuable experiences I have ever had. I am in a much better place and will be able to stay here as long as I want without looking over my shoulder for backstabbing parents, or dealing with administrators that don't trust me to do my job. I have been here three years and though we have not been successful, I haven't had one conversation with an administrator about any basketball or teaching decision I've made. I also haven't had a single issue with parents about playing time or anything else for that matter. The only thing that hurt me about the Lenoir City situation is that I didn't get to finish what I started with this years LC seniors. I have stayed close to them all and followed them every step of the way. Now I have no ties at LC other than the great people who supported me so I really don't don't care what happens from this point forward. I just hated to see Coach Lee not get to go out on his terms like he deserved. As for the "schmuck comment" I retract it....After looking up it's meaning it was inappropriate. I was simply meaning that I feel for the person who replaces Joe, because there are major issues in that system and community that are simply too much for coaches to deal with. As someone said earlier...Why did Shane Wells leave?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can assure you that I am not bitter. It was one of the most valuable experiences I have ever had. I am in a much better place and will be able to stay here as long as I want without looking over my shoulder for backstabbing parents, or dealing with administrators that don't trust me to do my job. I have been here three years and though we have not been successful, I haven't had one conversation with an administrator about any basketball or teaching decision I've made. I also haven't had a single issue with parents about playing time or anything else for that matter. The only thing that hurt me about the Lenoir City situation is that I didn't get to finish what I started with this years LC seniors. I have stayed close to them all and followed them every step of the way. Now I have no ties at LC other than the great people who supported me so I really don't don't care what happens from this point forward. I just hated to see Coach Lee not get to go out on his terms like he deserved. As for the "schmuck comment" I retract it....After looking up it's meaning it was inappropriate. I was simply meaning that I feel for the person who replaces Joe, because there are major issues in that system and community that are simply too much for coaches to deal with. As someone said earlier...Why did Shane Wells leave?

Where are you know? We used to have some great conversations back in your 13aa days...

Well the smart thing to do would be to get a coach from Mars so he/she doesn`t know anyone!! Then everybody starts off fresh, then a few months from now when he/she has been here the same parents can get there claws into them and we can start all over. We need someone who will stand up to certain parents and we all know who we are talking about. AD make some rules (so those parents can break). The new coach needs some of the mommies phone numbers so they can check in and make sure nobody is sad!!! :flower:

• 2 weeks later...

Heard Wayne Miller released a statement that they had an overwhelming response for the position. That is interesting, because I also heard only 15 people applied for the job. That is definately not an overwhelming response. Also heard that Wayne said they had narrowed it to a really good prospect, who would be good for the program; then that person turned around that day and took the Kingston job. It seems to me that they are going to be stuck with a much less qualified coach than the guy that was forced out. SAD!!!!!