Farragut Basketball

FMSparent1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time Farragut boys won a District Tournament Championship?

I have lived in Knoxville the last 30 years and i can't remember one in the last 15, its always Bearden or Maryville.

i think farragut might have won a district title when Brent Watts was a JR or SR (96 or 97.

That is shocking to me! I am a parent of a Middle School player and many of our players have gone to private schools and that might be the resaon why.

[

That is shocking to me! I am a parent of a Middle School player and many of our players have gone to private schools and that might be the resaon why.

Maybe that and the fact that Catholic has beat them probably 9 of the last 10 times they've played and made three trips to the state tourney in the last 7 years. :thumb:

[

Maybe that and the fact that Catholic has beat them probably 9 of the last 10 times they've played and made three trips to the state tourney in the last 7 years. :blush:

Well congratulations for Catholic! Recruiting will have that affect on winning

[

Maybe that and the fact that Catholic has beat them probably 9 of the last 10 times they've played and made three trips to the state tourney in the last 7 years. :blush:

Well congratulations for Catholic! Recruiting will have that affect on winning

Here we go again.

So "knoxbball88" Name a kid on Catholic's basketball team that was recruited, since you have all of this knowledge about the Fighting Irish program.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Catholic has beaten Farragut 9 out of 10 times. They beat them twice this year, once in OT, but Catholic had a very good team this year. They didn't play the year prior to that. I don't know about the recruiting, however, private schools do have an advantage in that they can pull kids from several different areas of town. Bearden has had a strong run over the district just as Farragut used to have. Still one of the most competitive districts in state.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Catholic has beaten Farragut 9 out of 10 times. They beat them twice this year, once in OT, but Catholic had a very good team this year. They didn't play the year prior to that. I don't know about the recruiting, however, private schools do have an advantage in that they can pull kids from several different areas of town. Bearden has had a strong run over the district just as Farragut used to have. Still one of the most competitive districts in state.

The last time Farragut beat Catholic was in 2001, when Stan Davis was playing. Catholic beat Farragut in 2002, 2003, 2005, (they only played once each year) and they swept the admirals this year. Since the 2000-01 season Catholic is 5-2 vs. Farragut.

So "knoxbball88" Name a kid on Catholic's basketball team that was recruited, since you have all of this knowledge about the Fighting Irish program.

I don't know for sure but just a guess I would say........

1 Zack Quayle PG 5'10 155 Jr.

2 Matt Cox SG 6'3 180 Jr.

3 Lucas Branch PG 6'0 180 Jr.

5 Tommy Conaty SG 5'10 160 So.

12 Kyle Anders PG 5'9 150 Fr.

14 Spencer Roth C 6'5 200 Jr.

22 Taylor Broussard SG 6'4 180 Sr.

23 Terrance Hall PG 5'9 150 Fr.

24 Daniel Adams SG 6'1 170 Jr.

30 Chase Fox PF 6'3 200 Jr.

32 Joey Bodewig C 6'7 210 Jr.

33 Tyler Williamson SF 6'2 210 Sr.

34 Phillip Stephens PF 6'5 200 Jr.

and i don't care about either team...just saying recruiting and not having a zone is a big advantage

1 Zack Quayle PG 5'10 155 Jr.

2 Matt Cox SG 6'3 180 Jr.

3 Lucas Branch PG 6'0 180 Jr.

5 Tommy Conaty SG 5'10 160 So.

12 Kyle Anders PG 5'9 150 Fr.

14 Spencer Roth C 6'5 200 Jr.

22 Taylor Broussard SG 6'4 180 Sr.

23 Terrance Hall PG 5'9 150 Fr.

24 Daniel Adams SG 6'1 170 Jr.

30 Chase Fox PF 6'3 200 Jr.

32 Joey Bodewig C 6'7 210 Jr.

33 Tyler Williamson SF 6'2 210 Sr.

34 Phillip Stephens PF 6'5 200 Jr.

and i don't care about either team...just saying recruiting and not having a zone is a big advantage

Of all those kids you mentioned above, the only kids not from Catholic's feeder programs (Sacred Heart, St. Joseph's, St, John Neuman, St. Mary's) is Lucas Branch (who is Catholic, and has attended Catholic's bball camp since he was in 3rd grade), Spencer Roth (who is Lucas's cousin and transfered to Catholic from Karns to play football), Kyle Anders, (his older brother is a senior baseball player at Catholic), Terrance Hall (as long as I can remember Terrance has played with CYF before enrolling at Catholic) and Tyler Williamson (Tyler is Catholic, his older brother played bball at St. Joseph's when he was in middle school). Not having a zone is big, but there are plenty of Knox County Schools that have "out of zone" kids playing on their athletic teams.

I don't think anyone would argue that Catholic has more than its share of talent. They got hot this year at the right time and finished 2nd in the district, then 4th in the tourney, then lost in region. They are a good program, but play in a competitive district with Bearden and West. I look for Bearden and West to be the favorites for next year followed by Catholic and Farragut. Maryville should be better next year; LC will be rebuilding. Branch, Roth, and Anders all played middle school ball at Karns.