DII-A East/Middle and West thread; tourney time

Trojan Fan

Who looks good over that way folks? How would you rank the top group at this point with an eye towards noting a top 4 that will move on top sub-state?

How did the region end up working out schedules? The west stayed in two districts like in football. Only 4 teams in West 1 (SBEC,Harding, ECS,FACS) playing baseball and they're playing 3 game sets with each other. 6 teams in West 2 (USJ,JCS,TRA,Rossville Christian,St. George's,Fayette Acad) and they're playing 2 games against each other.

There are a number of single games w/ West 1 and West 2 teams playing each other but I think only the district games will count towards seeding in the region tournament. Not positive, though.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give it another shot and see if we get a reply. DII-A West 1 finished up district play today

SBEC 8-1

ECS 6-3

FACS 3-6

Harding 1-8

Of the 6 baseball playing schools in West 2, I believe University School of Jackson hasn't lost a district game and Jackson Christian's only losses are to USJ. At this point, those would appear to be the top seeds out of West 2. Not sure what the format of the region tournament is.

Any standings available from East/Middle DII-A?

East/Middle is split into two districts. One district has USN, DCA, FRA, Webb School, Zion, and Riverside. DCA is 8-0 in district play with 2 games left with Riverside next week. In the other district you have Ezell, Knox Web, Davidson, St. Andrews and MJCA. As stated earlier Knox Webb is 4-0 in that district followed next by Ezell.

DCA split with Riverside to finish District play at 9-1. There are still some district games left but it would appear that the order of finish is this district will be DCA, FRA (2 district losses with USN left), Riverside (3 district losses), USN, Zion, and Webb School. The other side of the district looks like Knox Webb (6-0 with Davidson left) followed by Ezell (2 District losses), and Davidson (2 District losses with Know Webb remaining). Saint Andrews and MJCA play next week with neither team winning a District game to date.

There will be a 8 team double elimination tournament for the region. The final spots for the 8 teams will be determined by a play in game. I don't know how the seeding will be done. I would assume that the top 5 are in with the bottom 6 playing a play in game.

West Region tournament starts tomorrow (thur, may 6). 10 team double elimination w/ the two districts combined.

9 Tipton Rosemark

8 Fayette Academy

winner to face #1 seed USJ in 2nd round on Friday

7 Rossville Christian

10 Harding Academy

winner to face #2 seed SBEC in 2nd round on Friday

2nd round matchups already set:

3 Jackson Christian

6 FACS

4 ECS

5 St. George's

Early prediction: USJ to take it all, JCS to take 2nd, and a big jumble for the last 2 sub-state spots. A potential winner's bracket semifinal matchup b/w SBEC and Jackson Christian looms large for the Trojans who took a beating in a single game only days ago at JCS and JCS is really playing well right now it appears. SBEC got all they wanted at the end of the year from a resurgent FACS squad. ECS improved over the year and is playing their best ball it seems and St. George's has had some big wins during the year. TRA made it to the finals last year w/ an overall losing record. They were simply at their best w/ their backs against the wall. It wouldn't be a shock for somebody to rise up out of the bottom of the bracket and take a top 4 slot. I'm going to say it will be mighty tough to get into the final 4 (and earn a sub-state bid) coming out of the #7-#10 seeding slots, though, having to use pitching for 1 more game than everybody else. Having the tournament spread over two different weeks will certainly help in that regard, though.

DII-A West tournament

Thursday, May 6 finals (all higher seeds win):

#8 Fayette Academy 7

#9 Tipton Rosemark 3

#7 Rossville Christian 11

#10 Harding Academy 1

#3 Jackson Christian 12

#6 FACS 2

#4 ECS 10

#5 St. George's 6

Friday, May 7 schedule:

#1 USJ 6

#8 Fayette Academy 1

#2 SBEC 6

#7 Rossville Christian 3

#4 ECS day off awaiting Fayette/USJ winner

#3 Jackson Christian off awaiting Rossville/SBEC winner

elimination games:

#6 FACS

#9 Tipton Rosemark Academy wins (no score available-FACS eliminated)

#5 St. George's wins (no score available yet-Harding eliminated)

#10 Harding Academy

From 10 teams down to 8 on Friday

In the East/Middle Zion defeted Webb School 13 - 3 last night in a playin game. There are 2 additional playin games this evening. Zion vs. St. Andrews and USN vs. MJCA. The double elimination tournament begins tomorrow.

#4 Zion/Saint Andrews vs. #1 DCA

#2 Ezell vs #3 Riverside

#4 USN/MJCA vs #1 Knox Webb

#2 FRA vs #3 Davidson

Games tomorrow and Monday are at higher seed. Due to flooding, USN vs. MJCA game tonight and DCA game tomorrow will be played at Ezell