Burt Snow to resign

I heard some of the things that wild has referred to as well but Lake Co does have some good returning young players and a few coming up from the middle school.I've heard a couple scenario's being thrown out so not sure if either are true..One of them probably is..And I believe 1 of the two will happen..I'm hearing Coach Pellingino will probably come back..Makes since..not coaching at Ripley now and I believe just got married or getting married to a Lake Co woamn..And a lot of people liked him..So that makes sense..The other idea I'm hearing is that another coach may be asked to comer back..very popular in the community..and I believe he likes Lake Co but left for other factors..family,money..I'm hearing that something could be in the works for him to return and his wife come back as head coach of the boys basketball team..May be far fetched..just what I have heard ..Could be a rumour only..But that could at least justify more money by her being named the head coach...I'm sure if it's no way..he'll answer himself..Not trying to speak for him but I for one would welcome this sceanario myself..Not trying to commit a post from him though..if true..he may have to see how a lot of things play out and come together for his family..!And also..may not be any truth at all to the rumour.!

Bigster are you saying there are TWO head coaching vacancies at LCHS? What happened with Whitby? How good are your sources on the other information?

Guess I can answer you now for sure..Yes there were..Looks like I heard the right rumours about his wife and him maybe coming back.I was told several days that Coach Whitby had heard the talk and was to have said ...Looks like I need to start looking for another job..Anyway..I believe both Coach Bargers will do an excellent job..!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say stuff about Snow but how many teams did Lake County beat in the years Barger was there that had a winning record. I dare say you can count them on one hand and have at least one finger left over. This is not meant to be a knock on what Coach Barger did a LC, but Snow was a young coach that just needs some experience and he did care about the athletes and the school.

You say stuff about Snow but how many teams did Lake County beat in the years Barger was there that had a winning record. I dare say you can count them on one hand and have at least one finger left over. This is not meant to be a knock on what Coach Barger did a LC, but Snow was a young coach that just needs some experience and he did care about the athletes and the school.

All I said was Snow wasn't ready to be a head coach..And he wasn't..Maybe he'll learn more at Henry Co..He very seldom talked during the games.Greg Ross was the coach last year..He called all the shots.

Like Purple said.Bigster you called this one.You da man ! Snow had no clue what was going on about being a head football coach.Bigster.I hope Coach Barger cleans house with the coaches that are there now.We havent had a good defense in several seasons.I saw better players on the bench that weren't playing and I know it as well as you and othes.I'm sure little Greg will play a lot this year when a lot of the juniors and seniors never played last year.Ross is a joke.He thinks just because he played college ball he knows everything.He was lazy in school himself.Joe March was the best player on the team.When Ross played basketball,hed pout and walk down the court.I had a few heated posts with jrice last year.I believe he is Ross.I see he has now posted again.

Here's a post from last year when I was going at it with him :No reply jrice...?Or is it wanna be head coach ross?

Coach Barger.If you ever read on here.take notice that jrice doesnt seem to be loyal or a true coach for you.He wants to be the head coach.Go to search and read his comments from last year and you'll see that he talked about the defensive stats for about 3 or 4 seasons..what yards they were giving up.how many points that had given up.things only a coach would know.Please let him and the other coaches go.

Lake Co should be a lot better this year.Killem is back.he should be ready to-Killem!

I just found out about a site last night called Tiptonvile Topix.Was some interesting reading.some funny and some mad about the Whitby situation.A lot were in favor.Whitby does have some of his own supporters.Some were saying that Amy Floyd,the superintendent should be fired.She hired both Bargers because of friendship without posting the jobs or interviewing people.Some thought that Craig Clay,the black assissitant for Coach Whitby was suspended and fired for basically no reason.And he should have been the coach in waiting.Then someone said..well if people don't think Craig was messed over in basketball..then Greg Ross surely was by not being named the football coach.Really?What has he done?The worst defensive teams I've seen in Lake Co history.He would know nothing about offense at all.And evidently nothing about defense if you've seen Lake Co play.Now..here's also the problem..Coach Barger..may want to clean house.Everyone knows Ross has ben wanting to be the man for the last 12 years or more.Can he give you his best effort or other coaches when deep down he is hoping maybe for the team to lose and him having a shot at the head coach.I saw the ends and linebackers get beat repeatedely last year.I saw personally in a practice last year when a couple kids were beating the so called starters every play.The starter had to grab the other player's facemask,,held him because the other kid was definitely stronger and the kid never played.Maybe it was because they would rather play a freshman instead of a junior.I believe you win now and play the best player now.Not plan on tomorow.Maybe that's why we've been losing.I sure hope Coach Barger does the right thing.I'm not sure I can stomach watching little Greg Jr. starting as a freshman over the older ,better players.Or even playing at all.Like some of the players Ross didnt play last year.!

I've got a good solution about a football coach.A lot of Whitby supporters are upset about Whitby being gone.Lake Co boys teams have been known to play street ball with basically no defense.so to make a lot of Whitby supporters happy.Let him coach the defense on the football team.He said he'd coach for free and Greg Ross hasn't had a good defense since he's been at Lake Co.Could save some money.Whitby doing as good a job or as bad a job for free.

• 2 weeks later...

lcwildfalcon I am not Coach Ross. To get the stats you were talking about go to TSSAA web site and they have total point stats for last 6 or 7 years. You still have not answer back on how many teams did Coach Barger beat that had above .500 records in his tenure there. This his not a bash on him but just to point out over the last 6 years LC has not played many teams with a winning record. Coach Barger did a fine job but again how many teams with winning records did he beat, since that is what you claim Snow could not do. You say Snow only beat the bad teams well besides a year ago with Barger replacement how many winning teams have you beat. Snow was a young head coach that just needed more experience but would have grown given the time and opportunity.

lcwildfalcon I am not Coach Ross. To get the stats you were talking about go to TSSAA web site and they have total point stats for last 6 or 7 years. You still have not answer back on how many teams did Coach Barger beat that had above .500 records in his tenure there. This his not a bash on him but just to point out over the last 6 years LC has not played many teams with a winning record. Coach Barger did a fine job but again how many teams with winning records did he beat, since that is what you claim Snow could not do. You say Snow only beat the bad teams well besides a year ago with Barger replacement how many winning teams have you beat. Snow was a young head coach that just needed more experience but would have grown given the time and opportunity.

Well Unfortunate For Lake County, We Will Never know How Ole Snow Would Have Or Would Not Have Done At Lake County. He Did Come From Mckenzie, As Did South Fultons Coach Spivey. But No Matter What He Does In Henry County, It Will Not Answer How He Would Have Done In Lake County,

But I Do Hope This Revolving Door Of The Head Coaching position Is Finally Over. :D

jrice just a coulpe of facts for ya since you concerned with Coach Barger's first tenure at LC. 1st The year before his arrival the falcons were 0-10, finished the year with 18 football players and even had rumblings in the community of dropping football if they could not be more competitive. During his 4 years they were 3-7, 8-3, 8-3, 9-4. In his last year they were in the quarterfinals and basically a 4th and 12 completion against JCS from being in the state championship game. Oh yeah, they happened to beat fayette Acad., who was odds on favorite to represent west tn. in championship, and TCA in the 1st two rounds of the playoffs. Those qualify as teams with winning records for ya? 2nd during his tenure LC got a new fieldhouse, began a little league program and started an offseason conditioning and lifting program. He was a key part of bringing LC bac to relevance in football. Neither coach that has been there since faced what Coach B faced when he took over. No offense to those guys but a credit to the community, administration and coaching staff of LC when Coach B was there before.

P&G, couple of notes on LC spring. The numbers are down due to some injuries and defections from the more physical practice style brought in by Coach B. Some key players may not play in the scrimmage Sat. b/c of injury. WR C. Bledsoe-ankle, RB/QB-R. Tyler Shoulder, C/DT- L. Baggett-Knee OL-J. Wiggins-ankle all have missed some time according to Coach B. LC will be very basic as players are trying to learn new Off./Def. systems and the fact that Coach is traveling back and forth to complete spring has made things tuff. Should be interesting Sat. nite though