Jacob Jordan Memorial Wrestling Tournament - June 12

bbgocats

We have limited space available to us, so here is what I'm going to do. We have a pretty good commitment level from the high school and OPEN divisions. I'm going to say that the first age group... I don't care which one that can fill up the brackets in their division then we'll drop one of the others that have not. There have not been a lot of inquiries in the Middle School Division, so if we can get a better showing in the elementary divisions then we'll go with that one.

I spoke with Mick Hambrick tonight and he wanted to tell everyone thank you for your participation in this tournament to honor Jacob and his family. He also wanted to send thanks to all of the coaches that sent cards and letters from their respective programs. He was very humbled by your thoughtfulness.

We're looking to see if we can secure the Middle School across the street, if this is possible then we'll hold matches there as well to get as many involved as possible.

If you have coaching contacts please email me their email addresses to bbgocats@comcast.net

I'm putting out a flyer this week that will explain the process and what the divisions will be and how to make your payment. We will have a firm cut off date on this one and there will be NO WALKUPS... so you will need to register for this tournament up front.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have limited space available to us, so here is what I'm going to do. We have a pretty good commitment level from the high school and OPEN divisions. I'm going to say that the first age group... I don't care which one that can fill up the brackets in their division then we'll drop one of the others that have not. There have not been a lot of inquiries in the Middle School Division, so if we can get a better showing in the elementary divisions then we'll go with that one.

I spoke with Mick Hambrick tonight and he wanted to tell everyone thank you for your participation in this tournament to honor Jacob and his family. He also wanted to send thanks to all of the coaches that sent cards and letters from their respective programs. He was very humbled by your thoughtfulness.

We're looking to see if we can secure the Middle School across the street, if this is possible then we'll hold matches there as well to get as many involved as possible.

If you have coaching contacts please email me their email addresses to bbgocats@comcast.net

I'm putting out a flyer this week that will explain the process and what the divisions will be and how to make your payment. We will have a firm cut off date on this one and there will be NO WALKUPS... so you will need to register for this tournament up front.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All... The Wrestling Tournament IS ON for June 12, 2010.... as of today anyway!

As of right now everything is still a go for June 12, 2010 at Harpeth High School. I'll be confirming this with the administration at the school on Tuesday. Since school has been suspended for the year, the dynamics may change, but Coach Woods feels like everything should be ok by the June date.

With that being said, we've had a good showing of high school coaches contacting about their team coming. Please confirm with me ASAP at bbgocats@comcast.net. We really need a good showing from each team to make this a successful event.

Another update! SEAAU has stepped up and is making this an AAU Sanctioned Event. We are working on getting an online registration setup this week.

Again, we need volunteers for concessions, tappers, clock runners and table workers. We also need donations of water, cola products, food and deserts from the hospitality room.

Tim Abel and his crew have agreed to offer their services for the day, so this is a great opportunity to raise a lot of money for the family to cover expenses from Jacob's services.

Coaches look for flyers this week in your email with all the details. We're opening this up for the Elementary and High School Age groups it looks like. We have not had a lot of interests in the Middle School groups. Please, do not sit back and wait to see if this happens or not. If folks don't commit up front, I'm not going to ask folks to do a bunch of work for nothing. Talk to your wrestlers now and get them involved with this event. It's in the coaching window for TSSAA and is a great opportunity to get on the mat and honor the memory of a former wrestler.

Let's Do It To It folks... Call or email with questions. Thanks - Bo (615) 378-1066

Hello All... The Wrestling Tournament IS ON for June 12, 2010.... as of today anyway!

As of right now everything is still a go for June 12, 2010 at Harpeth High School. I'll be confirming this with the administration at the school on Tuesday. Since school has been suspended for the year, the dynamics may change, but Coach Woods feels like everything should be ok by the June date.

With that being said, we've had a good showing of high school coaches contacting about their team coming. Please confirm with me ASAP at bbgocats@comcast.net. We really need a good showing from each team to make this a successful event.

Another update! SEAAU has stepped up and is making this an AAU Sanctioned Event. We are working on getting an online registration setup this week.

Again, we need volunteers for concessions, tappers, clock runners and table workers. We also need donations of water, cola products, food and deserts from the hospitality room.

Tim Abel and his crew have agreed to offer their services for the day, so this is a great opportunity to raise a lot of money for the family to cover expenses from Jacob's services.

Coaches look for flyers this week in your email with all the details. We're opening this up for the Elementary and High School Age groups it looks like. We have not had a lot of interests in the Middle School groups. Please, do not sit back and wait to see if this happens or not. If folks don't commit up front, I'm not going to ask folks to do a bunch of work for nothing. Talk to your wrestlers now and get them involved with this event. It's in the coaching window for TSSAA and is a great opportunity to get on the mat and honor the memory of a former wrestler.

Let's Do It To It folks... Call or email with questions. Thanks - Bo (615) 378-1066

Is there a back up plan because Harpeth might not be ready for the tournament.

If Harpeth can't host, we will (Creek Wood) but we will definitely need help because we won't be prepared like we would during a seasonal tournament as far as planning. We would have the tournament at our place and hopefully have help from other people for concessions, gate, etc. But as of right now, Bo seems to think that we will have it at Harpeth so I'm letting him do his work. If anything is going to be different I'm sure he'll fill us in soon.

Hello All - Yes, the tournament is going to happen and we're a go for June 12, 2010. An email has been sent to all coaches with the tournament information. However, if you need the information or a sign up form please email me and I can email the form to you directly.

Jacob Jordan Memorial Wrestling Tournament

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Harpeth High School

Kingston Springs, TN  37082

PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED – NO WALK UPS!

Saturday Weigh-Ins As Follows:

Tots and Midgets: 7:00 – 7:30 AM

Bantam and Middle School: 7:45AM – 8:15AM

Junior and High School Division: 8:30AM – 9:00AM

Wrestling Begins at 10:00AM

Tot 2004/After: 35,40,45,50,HWT

Bantam 2002/2003: 40,45,50,55,60,65,70,85, HWT

Midget 2001/2000: 50,55,60,65,70,75,80,85,92,100,112,HWT

Junior 1998/1999: 55,60,65,70,75,80,85,90,95,100,108,119,132,148, HWT

Middle School 1995/1996/1997 and CURRENT 8TH GRADERS 

Middle School: 75,85,95,105,112,119,125,135,145,152,160,171,189,215,HWT

High School: 103,112,119,125,130,135,140,145,152,160,171,189,215,275

CLASS OF 2010 WRESTLERS WILL WRESTLE IN HIGH SCHOOL DIVISION

Entry Fee is $20.00 or $30.00 at the door

Gate Fee: $5.00 For Adults 12+ / Children 5-12 $3.00 / 5 Younger – FREE

Plaques and Medals will be presented to the first place winners and medals for

2nd through 4th Place winners.

Medals will be awarded at the completion of each weight class. All Wrestlers must

be have a AAU card to participate which can be bought on http://www.aausports.org.

Coaches with AAU cards will be let in the Tournament for free.

NO EXCEPTIONS

FORMAT:

Brackets will be either Round robin (less than 6 man), 8, 16, 32 or 6

4 man brackets. Rest time between bouts is 15 minutes.

Questions???

Contact Bo Bradshaw at 615-378-1066

email to

bbgocats@comcast.net

Event shirts can be purchased in advance for $15 or $20 day of the event.

If you would like to pre-order your event shirts, we will send you an email with the order form.

PAYMENT CAN BE MADE ONLINE USING PAYPAL GOING TO THIS LINK:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2AXCEP2Q3CY5Y

Payments may also be mailed to:

HYAA (Harpeth Youth Athletic Association)

1005 Treanor Springs Road

Kingston Springs, TN 37082

IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS WITH PAYPAL

PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL AT

bbgocats@comcast.net

This event is sanctioned by the Amateur Athletic Union of the U. S., Inc.

All participants must have a current AAU membership.

AAU membership may not be included as part of the entry fee to the event.

AAU membership must be obtained before the competition begins except where the event operator has a laptop available with an internet connect. Participants are encouraged to visit the AAU web site http://www.aausports.org to obtain their membership.

Be glad to have (OPEN) one guys, but we need folks to step up and register.

To all of the other coaches, this is shaping up to be a great tournament. We have more than a 100+ that say they are coming. I know a lot of folks have verbally committed... I NEED FORMS FOLKS. If you don't sign up and get the forms in I cannot ask all of the volunteers to come out for "what if's" get the paperwork signed and sent back to me via email or fax.

If you need a form, I can email it to you. Email me at bbgocats@comcast.net or give me a call (615) 378-1066

I have verbals from folks from 10-15 schools. Some sending their teams, some are a smattering of individuals. Coaches encourage everyone to come out. It's one day to support the family and the memory of Jacob Jordan and his love of wrestling. Let's Do It To It! Get those commitments... I know summertime is upon us now, but this is just one day and will be a great opportunity to get on the mat and support a great cause! Stop procrastinating let's get this one signed so I can move forward firming up all the other ends that we need to get done.

BEECH (Team)

INDEPENDENCE (Individual Wrestlers)

CREEK WOOD (Team)

HARPETH (Team)

SYCAMORE (Individuals)

DICKSON CO. (Individuals)

ARLINGTON (Individuals)

HILLWOOD (Team)

BRENTWOOD (Individuals)

MLK (Individuals)

BRENTWOOD ACADEMY (Individuals)

RAVENWOOD (Individuals)

CLARKSVILLE (Individuals/Team?)

Ok Folks... we're getting down to the wire here. June 12, 2010 is fast approaching.

We need firm commitments. Coaches, if you're brining your team, then send me a complete roster of your wrestlers and their weight class they will be participating for this tournament. Do not put this off any longer. I need to put together a list of who is coming and their weight classes so I can let folks know if we're going to have enough to wrestle.

At this point it looks like only the high school division is going to make. If the other club teams with elementary and middle school aged wrestlers are planning on coming, then please get me a list of your wrestlers who are coming to the tournament.

We have a lot of folks donating time, product and money towards this event. I want to make sure that everything is in line and we have everyone that we need.

If you have questions, please email or call me.

Get me those rosters: bbgocats@comcast.net

Thanks!

Hello Everyone...

Things are looking pretty good for our high school division for the Jacob Jordan Memorial Wrestling Tournament at Harpeth High School. We still need to get everyone on the list. Coaches if your wrestlers are coming I need to get them on the list this week. Please encourage them to get me their forms.

By the looks of things, we'll have a nice round-robin for each weight class. We still may have to combine some weight classes (ie 140 and 145) but based on the coaches who say they are coming and the registrations that I have in hand, we'll have around 80 or more wrestlers. Not a lot, but enough to celebrate Jacob for the day.

The elementary and middle school divisions are going to need to step up if they are going to happen. Don't have many entries.

If you have questions or need forms, email me at bbgocats@comcast.net

Thanks,

Bo

HELLO ALL - We've had a lot of sign up this weeks, things are going to happen for the high school division. The younger divisions are not looking as good. Spread the word.

We also have added a new deal as of today. The matches from this tournament will be televised LIVE on www.ihigh.com and the new Jacob Jordan Memorial Wrestling Tournament Website.

http://www.jacobjordanmemorial.ihigh.com

You can go here to download the registration form and can pay online at that site as well.

Since this is going to happen. We need volunteers to help out and we need donations of food, drinks and items for our concessions (hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, etc).

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email.

bbgocats@comcast.net or (615) 378-1066