Jacob Jordan Memorial Wrestling Tournament - June 12

bbgocats

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to thank everyone that was involved with the Jacob Jordan Memorial Tournament. Thanks to Harpeth for putting on the tournament, to Ricky Woods and Bo Bradshaw for making it happen, to all the volunteers, all the referees, the parents, kids and coaches for taking time out of the days to come. This meant a lot to my family and my team. Beyond having trouble with the air, this tournament was great. They were some really good competitors and some very good matches. The awards were awesome and they did great with concessions and hospitality. Harpeth has always been great to us and we thank them for that. It was nice to see all of the kids that we know and hope to see you all this coming year. For those of you that have graduated, thanks for competing and good luck on the next level or endevor that you take on. Thanks again everyone, you gave us one special day in the rememberence of our son.

Today wasn't about results... it was about honoring a great kid who left us before his time. A true friend, leader, wrestler and son who will be sadly missed, but fondly remembered.

To everyone who came out... THANKS... I truly appreciate you putting up with the heat in our NON-AIR CONDITIONED GYM. It's not that it wasn't working... there is not any in our GYM, never really noticed that until today. It was nearly unbearable... I mean it was really that close to unbearable :D

There were no losers today... Everyone walked away supporting a wonderful family who has and will continue to give a lot to this sport and to the children of this community via a wrestling room and their loving wrestling arms. The work of Mick and Stephanie Hambrick is a thankless job... and from the bottom of my heart I thank you for doing what you love sooooo much and doing it with everything you have. We should all invest in children like you two do!

Thanks again for everyone that came out. For the younger guys who wrestled some tough matches in mixed classes... you'll be better for it. For the high schoolers in the combined brackets... it made for some great wrestling and some interesting upsets. Its funny to see what just a few weeks of "laying out" can do to a wrestler and seeing who IS taking things seriously and working hard in the "off" season. It was a good wake up call to what the rewards can be if you work hard year around.

Jacob, you are dearly missed, but your memory will forever live through this tournament and may your passion for this sport run wildly through this area for the many young wrestlers that will come through the doors of wrestling rooms everywhere.

Is there any results available anywhere?

I don't want to throw around results either for an off season tournament. There were a couple of wrestlers that I was very impressed with though. Parker Smith from Centennial High and Jonathan Roberts from Beech were really looking good yesterday. I would suspect that both have been putting in some work this off season.

It was obvious that there were a few guys that have committed themselves to getting better in the off season. Jonathan has been very impressive over the past year and continues to work hard and he is starting to reap the rewards of that hard work. Parker also did a great job and that Isbell kid from Clarksville is going to be doing damage in the coming season :roflol:. There should be more summer tournaments for these boys... it really helps with the reality check if you know what I mean. Lord knows mine realized the value of "staying in condition" all year around. As he heads to college in less than 60 days, yesterdays wake up call helped to shine a little light on what dad has been preaching the last 60 days. For you wrestlers... it's what you do now that will help you next wrestling season... not what you do when practice starts. :roflol:

It had a better turnout than I've seen at most of the other Tennessee off season tournaments. There were some great matches with a good showing of top notch wrestlers. It was a little warm in the gym but not to bad and really it didn't matter. The brackets were full and made for a challenging tournament.

It was a good day of wrestling and most importantly for a good cause. To see everyone come together to support Jacob's family and to celebrate his life is really moving and was something special to be part of. You could tell every wrestler knew why they were there and it showed in every match. I hope it helped Mic, his wife and Creekwood. They help the youth in there community so much. It is imposable to put into words how I feel about their loss. I'm glad coach Woods and Bo Bradshaw were able to let us all do something for them especially when it seems there is nothing you can do or say.