District 14A-Could it be the best overall yet?

mrbigster

For the past several years Humboldt,Union City and Lake Co have been the dominant teams and Humboldt seems to be the early favorite with about 3 returning starters back..Lake Co will have Devon Jones,Rafael Tyler,Caleb Bledsoe and hopefully Derek Swift back..Heard Swift was back in school today..Greenfield had a young team..Trenton had a good team this year and believe they have several good returning players..I believe Halls had a young talented group..Union City will always be Union City and just reload..Maybe will be the toughest yet as far as from top to bottom..Will there be any other changes?I've heard rumours today that Coach Whitby may have stepped down..He wasnt at school today and maybe that means nothing..I have received a couple calls today saying they had heard the same thing ..From what I hear ..even the local paper there has heard this story..Nothing confirmed though..Again...could be a rumour..but I do know that Coach Whitby is aware of the grumbling..Stay tuned..!Again..may not be anything to it..In a small townrumours can spred fast,,whether it be true or not.!

As a matter of fact..another source just called and told me he had heard the same thing .

Look for John Glisson, currently at Bradford to replace Coach Whitby.

I personanlly don't see that happening and again..I believe it depends on Coach Barger and his wife Dawn..If the money can be made right..if they are willing to move farther away from their families..I believe the football job is Coach Barger's and the basketball job is hers if they are willing to accept the jobs..!Just my opinion..And if that doesnt happen..look for them to look for a younger coach that likes to get up and down the floor.!

One name that I personally think could come up if the Bargers decide not to come back ..I could be way off..but Spencer Hoffman..He has been to some of the Lake Co games the past several seasons..believe he may have sat on the bench a year or two at Central when Coach Whitby was at Central and coached the girls team at Central..Believe he is somewhere in Ark coaching..Anyway..he's from Obion co....Very good friends with Bret Johnson and Ricky Newsome..I believe if he's interested..he could get the job..just a guess though..!

John Glisson would be a really good hire for Lake County.

If Lake Co were wanting a Bradford coach..I believe it would be Larry Eddings if he would be interested..With that being said ..and with the rumours and just sources..I still havent been able to actually confirm that Coach Whitby is for sure gone..I had a 99 percent declaration..So there's still that 1 percent..lol..I called a school board member that's a buddy and was suppose to call me back but didn't..So..officially I haven't heard for sure..!

If Lake Co were wanting a Bradford coach..I believe it would be Larry Eddings if he would be interested..With that being said ..and with the rumours and just sources..I still havent been able to actually confirm that Coach Whitby is for sure gone..I had a 99 percent declaration..So there's still that 1 percent..lol..I called a school board member that's a buddy and was suppose to call me back but didn't..So..officially I haven't heard for sure..!

They would really like to have Glisson as there head coach. Everyone I've talk to talks highly of Coach Glisson. I know that he has done a great job bring the Bradford program to respectability. I endorse Coach Glisson for future coach if that is true. But I would just like to hear the candidates. And some that been brought up, lets say I'm not totally on the bandwagon. But I really have hopes that Glisson will be a candidate.

They would really like to have Glisson as there head coach. Everyone I've talk to talks highly of Coach Glisson. I know that he has done a great job bring the Bradford program to respectability. I endorse Coach Glisson for future coach if that is true. But I would just like to hear the candidates. And some that been brought up, lets say I'm not totally on the bandwagon. But I really have hopes that Glisson will be a candidate.

007..Looks like Coach Barger is the new coach at the high school..I know there are a lot of Coach Whitby supporters and I'm one of them..as to the career he's had..Like he said a few days ago..Why are people so upset?We're winning..I understand that also because a lot of people thinks he brought Lake Co basketball back..I played for Coach Clennon Dailey and he had some very good teams.But we both know that coach Whitby wasnt doing much coacing..I liked the fact that he gave them the grren light to shoot but he would start the 3rd team sometimes..I didn't like driving to some of the places a pretty long way and watch some of his best players on the bench..Be as it may..Had anyone else been on the bench against Union City and M.J. Brown..Lake Co wins those games..Same for Trenton this year..A 3 point lead with just about 5 seconds to play..Let them shoot a 3 to tie it up and we lose in overtime..He was basically just on the bench..It's sad to see a popular coach leave and he's a fine man..but if you ask 10 fans about his coaching the past few seasons..didn't do hardly any thing during the games.. Several times we've had maybe a 5 point lead with 40 seconds to play and the ball..We'd as soon as shoot a 3 pointer if they were open whether we won or lost..Make them foul or shoot nothing but a layup..And Coach wouln't hardly ever pull a player out after they did something crazy..They'd look over at him and pump their chest and say..My fault coach..Now..they may be sitting on those same shots.!

I'm ready for basketball season to start up........Watch out for them Tornadoes this year.... :roflol: .....Wil be exciting once again!

I look for Humboldt and Lake Co to be the top two teams this season.Union City always seem to have a very good team but Lake Co has Rafael Tyler,Ricky Boyd,Devon Jones,Caleb Bledsoe and Derek Swift hopefully returning..Going to be a very good team.And now have a coach that will have her mind in the game.Know how many timeouts are left and use them.how many fouls to give without the other team shooting free throws.more discipline.