District 4AAA

QSouth89

The point i am trying to make is that handeled every team last year except Lenior City once they beat them by 20 and 15 the other times and they lost everyone. West was blown out by bearden twice and give them credit for there win at bearden and they played them tough in the region. The main point im trying to make is that Bearden didnt lose a player and every other team lost there best player. Bearden will probably be challenged some games for sure but i think the vast majority of the time the JV team will be playing in the 4th quarter.... Jae Lawson is staying at Bearden coach blevins has set up with quite a few D 1 colleges.

Im glad to hear Lawson is staying at bearden, I posted that strictly on rumor and was wanting clarification and I got it. He has definitely made the right choice.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Catholic has size yes but they are decent players at best will not go D1

Joey Bodewig 6'8 "decent post" from Catholic being recruited by several D1 programs, Jacksonville University (Artis Gilmore's alma mater) the most recent to jump into the picture for Mr. Bodewig's services.

• 4 weeks later...

I heard that Jaeland Lawson played with Fulton in a scrimmage against Maryville. How is he eligible? In my opinion, Bearden will still be fine at guard (Greene, White, Fair, Minton). How does Blevin's feel about losing another key player to Fulton? That helps Fulton, Lawson is very fast with the ball, can create his own shot and is a lockdown defender. They will be the team to beat in district 3AA.

I heard that Jaeland Lawson played with Fulton in a scrimmage against Maryville. How is he eligible? In my opinion, Bearden will still be fine at guard (Greene, White, Fair, Minton). How does Blevin's feel about losing another key player to Fulton? That helps Fulton, Lawson is very fast with the ball, can create his own shot and is a lockdown defender. They will be the team to beat in district 3AA.

I'm thinking Jody Wright may not be on Coach Blevin's Christmas card list much longer... :huh:

Rent may be cheaper out off Broadway without Barnes Property Management subsidy :huh:

In my opinion, the loss of Lawson to Fulton may well be "addition by subtraction" for Bearden. To me, the key to that team last year was that each one of them understood so well their role on the team. Oh yes, there was certainly some talent ... but I really thought even more than that , that their chemistry was really good. The only one I saw that seemed to pout and lose his cool when he didn't "get his" was Lawson. Bearden will be fine and will still be the team to beat in the district I believe.

Word is, Knox West might be losing some of their returning players? Fact or fiction? Anyone know?

How have the 4AAA teams faired at camp? Catholic played at Karns and Stone Memorial's team camps.

What is wrong with Farragut? When are they going to name a head coach? It seems strange to let all summer go by with the players having no idea who their head coach is. What is the administration doing or thinking?