best juniors

popo23

I will share a few of my favorites in the Memphis area.

Let's start with the public schools.

Will Vaughn- central - leading Central to a great year

Kevin Dee- Houston-solid at defense

Jeffery Vandenberg-Houston- moved to sweeper, playing very solid

Sebastian Simota- Houston- looks good at goal

Ethan felsenthal- white Station- playing very hard

Eddie Argote- Arlington- leading team in scoring

Private Schools

Paul Banks- cbhs- missed most of the season, but great talent

Matt Roberts- cbhs- solid defender that can be a threat up the wing

Zach Ballard- Briarcrest- leads team in goals and assists

Matt Montsinger- MUS- has moved to sweeper, keeping the owls defense very organized

Emmanuel Wilson- ECS- huge threat up front

Chandler Gagnon- ECS- playing solid

I'm sure I missed some great players, but these are the ones I think are the best.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more great juniors at West that don't get the attention that they deserve are Michael Mixon, (huge at sweeper - don't even have to think about it when he is in, he will be there every time with the little plays or the big plays; a joy to watch him work), and Mark Hipshire, (a very talented center midfielder with great vision and good decision-making ability - if he is in, he cements the two halves and if he had been played more the West team would have definitely had a different record this season).

Two more great juniors at West that don't get the attention that they deserve are Michael Mixon, (huge at sweeper - don't even have to think about it when he is in, he will be there every time with the little plays or the big plays; a joy to watch him work), and Mark Hipshire, (a very talented center midfielder with great vision and good decision-making ability - if he is in, he cements the two halves and if he had been played more the West team would have definitely had a different record this season).

If they were "great" like you say they are, wouldnt West have a better record? There are different levels of players and everyone has different opinions.

Would have to put #23 Payne Fisher of Columbia into this group of great juniors as well. Although he was injuried toward the end of March and has not returned to 100% having played only limited time in two games since March. He is one of the best center mids in the state.

If they were "great" like you say they are, wouldnt West have a better record? There are different levels of players and everyone has different opinions.

Ah, true that, but both players, as well as West's dismal record this year were affected by poor coaching decisions. One boy got to play most every game, but there was nothing in the middle, and certainly nothing up top to capitalize on his heroism out there. The other didn't get to play very much, resulting in the same situation. That is not opinion. That is fact. We have lots of video that would prove my point. (Also, Jack and Michael were adversely affected too by these decisions in that a team that would've, could've, should've done a whole lot better this year than they did, did not. The team had plenty of talent and ability though.)

You can sign me "MadDad" though if you wish. I don't mind.

Ah, true that, but both players, as well as West's dismal record this year were affected by poor coaching decisions. One boy got to play most every game, but there was nothing in the middle, and certainly nothing up top to capitalize on his heroism out there. The other didn't get to play very much, resulting in the same situation. That is not opinion. That is fact. We have lots of video that would prove my point. (Also, Jack and Michael were adversely affected too by these decisions in that a team that would've, could've, should've done a whole lot better this year than they did, did not. The team had plenty of talent and ability though.)

You can sign me "MadDad" though if you wish. I don't mind.

I have seen West play a few times, and I agree with your nomination for your sweeper(15?) as an elite junior. However your criticizing accusation of the coaching is extremely biased due to your son's lack of playing time, and if it is who I think it is, he is talented, but very far behind the other three center mids who play over him.