Top 10 teams in East Tennessee

greenandgold

I'm guessing you meant Upper East Tennessee Top 10?

An apparently "official" map shows the western most counties of East TN to be Marion, Hamilton, Bledsoe, Cumberland, Morgan and Scott. Who would be in your top 10?

Don't forget that Marion County did finish second in the Eastman Invitational where better than half the teams listed in the OP's top ten also played... And Unicoi won it...

True!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All teams listed above are quality choices. With Hamilton County being in East Tennessee, I find it hard to believe that Soddy Daisy is not at the top of list. I would also include Walker Valley and Meigs County. I've seen Maryville, Elizabethton and many of the others play and none have the horses to play with Soddy (and I'm not even a big fan of Soddy). Just my observations.

Until looking it up I didn't realize East TN stretched that far myself. Haven't seen Soddy in a couple years, but I've seen most of the teams listed here and I've seen some of the teams from other areas that Soddy has dominated.

From the teams mentioned here in ET top 10's, they gave good solid spankings to William Blount, Powell, Farragut and Walker Valley. I would pretty much have to agree with the assessment of 3rdbasecoach.

Powell lost to Soddy by a score of 3-1. Powell made two errors to give Soddy one of those runs. That does not suggest a spanking as you say. Soddy is the best aaa team mainly because of their pitching. They will win the state tournament this year.

Powell lost to Soddy by a score of 3-1. Powell made two errors to give Soddy one of those runs. That does not suggest a spanking as you say. Soddy is the best aaa team mainly because of their pitching. They will win the state tournament this year.

I was only going by scores listed on Soddy's schedule page on coacht (its mutually on Powell's schedule page as well) The game at the Choo Choo classic shows 10-0 Soddy....I'm guessing that's not correct.

All teams listed above are quality choices. With Hamilton County being in East Tennessee, I find it hard to believe that Soddy Daisy is not at the top of list. I would also include Walker Valley and Meigs County. I've seen Maryville, Elizabethton and many of the others play and none have the horses to play with Soddy (and I'm not even a big fan of Soddy). Just my observations.

Until looking it up I didn't realize East TN stretched that far myself. Haven't seen Soddy in a couple years, but I've seen most of the teams listed here and I've seen some of the teams from other areas that Soddy has dominated.

From the teams mentioned here in ET top 10's, they gave good solid spankings to William Blount, Powell, Farragut and Walker Valley. I would pretty much have to agree with the assessment of 3rdbasecoach.

i wouldn't go as far as to say that soddy will win state this year. their are many teams that jave a shot. beech being one of them. lincoln counties pitcher can take her team far. think this year is all up in the air. any team can be beatin on any given day. go beech, go cat.

• 3 weeks later...

Soddy Daisy is a solid team and as I said will and did win the AAA State Championship. Soddy has the players and Clifford Kirk and his assistant do a great job year after year. Powell lost to Daniel Boone 2 - 0 in the sectional game at Boone. Powell finished 44 and 15 overall and 14 and 2 in district 3AAA.