Recruiting players

Hoopallday

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and oh - school fair may not be the right term - but it is a bunch of schools that usuually have a table and some representatives there to answer questions about their school - they have been held at Opry Mills too.

are privates the only one at this not so called school fair? Are there any publics there?

are they only recruiting athletes?

Our local public school system had billboards rented last year and ads/inserts in local papers...is that recruiting? Just for discussion.

Not sure why a public school would advertise..... the "school fair" for lack of better terms and I stand corrected, I have never seen a publc school at one. I don't "think" coaches are allowed to be there. It is more for a convenience/one stop shopping, for parents that are looking for another avenue of education. And there are ads in the papers all the time for private schools and what they have to offer.

I have had a child play for a public school and one that played for a private school. I can tell you that recruiting goes on far more for public school kids than they do for private schools. Most private school coaches jobs are not judged solely on their win/loss record as they public school counterparts.

• 2 weeks later...
I have had a child play for a public school and one that played for a private school. I can tell you that recruiting goes on far more for public school kids than they do for private schools. Most private school coaches jobs are not judged solely on their win/loss record as they public school counterparts.

Depends largely on what "recruiting" means to you. if you've got available access to multiple public schools, your daughter happens to be an exceptional athleate,and one school stands out traditionally as the best in your daughters area of expertise, it's your choice to take advantage or not, of the situation if the coach expresses intrest in her. It's another situation entirely if the coach or the admistration at a private school arranges for the parent of said daughter to be hired as "janitor" of the school, or tuition is waived for,and transportation provided to and from school(and practices) for her, dont you think? Yes the latter two of the three happened in west tn. in the early 90's, and no,I wont name names,or the school, but as a fan gcpioneer lost a very good (led the dist. in scoring) soph.,maybe he remembers! :roflol: