Montgomery Central 2010

Squanto

What is the outlook for our Indians this year? We've got our 2nd annual red vs. white game this Friday (5/14) We were able to bring home several wins this past year (I count Stewart Co. game as a win). I heard they have several new coaches on the staff this year. What's the word?

They only have a week for for Spring football now because of the flood. I was at practice yesterday and they looked pretty dang good for only 3 days of being out. Coach Bragg and company seem to be really emphasizing the details which will make them a more disciplined team in the Fall. They started practice over about 5 times for the stretching not being perfect. Everyone out here is ready for football to be here.

They do have several new coaches, but I don't know their names yet. I know one of them is the former offensive coordinator at Clarksville High School (Busbee maybe?). Jeff Lyle (former Central RB), who played at Austin Peay, is also working with the RB's this year. There's about 2 or 3 more that I don't know, but saw out there.

OK. I was at practice again today and got it straight from the horse's mouth. As of right now, there's a total of 4 new coaches for the 2010 staff and possibly even 5. Ken Busbee will be coaching the DB's. He was the offensive coord. for the past 2-3 seasons at Clarksville High. Before that, he was the DB coach there for 8 years. Jeff Lyle is the RB's coach. He played at Austin Peay last year and also went to high school at Central. Jeff Bryant will be the OLB coach. Last year, he was the middle school head coach and ran Bragg's defense there. W.A. Harris will be working with the QB's. He was the offensive coord. for the middle school team which also ran Bragg's offense. I was also told that Bragg is looking to bring on Clayton Rudder to work specifically with the kickers, punters, and long snappers. Rudder, I think, is still up in the air. They still have Lepkowski as DC and Thompson as WR/ Spec Teams Coord. I heard Dawson is now the co-OC. Maples, Jackson, and McGee will not be coaching for the 2010 season.

Everything went well in the RED-WHITE. When the starters were in, the passing game and running game looked real well. You could tell those younger kids were still learning. It looked like everyone had a good time at the game and an even better time at the parent meeting and cookout. The FCA speaker (Pastor David Mackin) did a great job. Coach Bragg and his staff run a great program!! Very classy. Best of luck to our Indians this year!!!

Marcus Bragg is a first class guy all the way and the improvement of MCHS last year was very noticeable. They could make a trip to the TSSAA Playoffs for the first time since 2004 this year.

I think they have a good shot. The biggest obstacle will being able to keep everyone healthy towards the later part of the season.

Everything went well in the RED-WHITE. When the starters were in, the passing game and running game looked real well. You could tell those younger kids were still learning. It looked like everyone had a good time at the game and an even better time at the parent meeting and cookout. The FCA speaker (Pastor David Mackin) did a great job. Coach Bragg and his staff run a great program!! Very classy. Best of luck to our Indians this year!!!

I thought the Spring Game was a success too. After the FCA speaker spoke, there were about 4 or 5 kids who gave their lives to Christ. We need more stuff like that going on in our schools. You know the kids and coaches only had a week to prepare (really 4 days of practice). Time to hit the weights and get big now. Let's bring it home Central!!!!

I also saw the guys in action!!! Very impressed the Indians are bound to have an awesome season. Coach is already working on keeping the guys "fired up" for the summer! I thought he would lose some of his fire since he has made it through the first year. He really appears to have the ability to keep the guys focused!! Very impressed with him and the adjustments he has made so far.

I also saw the guys in action!!! Very impressed the Indians are bound to have an awesome season. Coach is already working on keeping the guys "fired up" for the summer! I thought he would lose some of his fire since he has made it through the first year. He really appears to have the ability to keep the guys focused!! Very impressed with him and the adjustments he has made so far.

I know we still have some in baseball, soccer, and alternative school, but does anyone know how many kids are coming out this year? At the Spring game I think I counted around 55-60.

I actually got to talk to Coach I think he said it was more around 65-70. I for one am so excited about the turnout and turnaround. Had to tell Coach about the excitement that he has spread!!! These kids look hungry and ready to win!!!! Go Indians!!! Anybody have any other info???

What is the outlook for our Indians this year? We've got our 2nd annual red vs. white game this Friday (5/14) We were able to bring home several wins this past year (I count Stewart Co. game as a win). I heard they have several new coaches on the staff this year. What's the word?

Although we only had two wins last year, we could have easily won several more last year (West Creek, Cheatham Co., E. Hickman, Stewart Co., Waverly) in games we lost. BUT, we didn't win them. I think that is a big part of what our guys have to learn to do to get to the next level...how to win in the 4th Quarter. And with the coaching changes, I think we now have a staff who will get that accomplished.

All it takes is one close win that is pulled out in the 4th quarter to get them over the hump. They do that and the wins could easily jump to 7 or 8.

I also want to give kudos to our Athletic Director, Brett Burchwell, for working diligently in putting together a quality coaching staff and one that has a presence at the school. That makes a HUGE difference with the boys.