Ryan Football

ProteinLevine54

IrishX you are dumb. Who has Father Ryan football beat that was not a fluke game last year? BA- fluke, Baylor was not that strong a team, and McCallie was weak with a sophmore starting at RB. They almost beat MUS... they almost beat Ensworth, they almost beat MBA..... but almost does not matter for anything. Oh...... Overton? Nuff Said.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason Ryan football is being heldback is because there are coaches coaching posistions that they never even played. Would you want Bruce Matthews teaching you how to play quarterback? Or Marcus Tubbs teaching you how to play Running Back? No. The coaching staff does have bright spots with players who played at a high level of competetion, but for the most part the coaches are grown men who still believe that they missed their shot at the pros or men training to get into the big leagues by doing the prestigious P90x workout. FRHS will not win state in Football until something changes with the staff.

IrishX, your a moron. Obviously Mr. Levine did not post this topic it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

But your right that banner in the gym is not from my fruit, it is from the fruit of the work of both my teammates (most of whom cut a considerable amount of weight) and myself (we all know that Father Ryan wrestling practices six days a week from November to February).

As for me being a quitter, I suppose you could put Cole Gobbell and Sam Clanton in that category with me? As for my 2nd state individual title it wasn't the cake walk you described though I made it look that way, I was the last wrestler (that I know of) to beat Ryan Carrethers of BA (who you might know as the big kid that pancaked you, or your son on the gridiron) who the following year went undefeated and pinned a majority of his opponents, including Hunter Allen, this years D-I state champion.

Anyone Irish X, your filth and won't post your name on here and because you won't your bottom feeding rubbage. As far as I am concerned as long as Father Ryan has filth like you on their football team and people of my caliber on the wrestling team, the results for the two teams will continue as they are and will likewise be the norm.

So let me get this straight...someone asks how FRHS football is going...you rip him because he's a member of the team...people call you out for quitting on the team...you call IrishX a moron, filth, and bottom feeding rubbage...and then mention "people of my caliber"? Sounds like your caliber is somewhere around BB gun and the FRHS football team was better off without you and the FRHS wrestling team won in spite of you. I'm an outsider as far as FRHS is concerned, but your caliber doesn't sound like the FRHS wrestlers I've known.

I will say that you are the type who gives FRHS it's prickish image to outsiders. Outsiders...this guy is not indicative (dictionary.com can help you with this one HOC) of the FRHS community. Don't hold him against them.

P.S. As a public school alum, I do find it amusing when guys like this pop up. We are supposed to be so poorly educated. Do they not teach grammar and punctuation at FRHS Hoc?

The reason Ryan football is being heldback is because there are coaches coaching posistions that they never even played. Would you want Bruce Matthews teaching you how to play quarterback? Or Marcus Tubbs teaching you how to play Running Back? No. The coaching staff does have bright spots with players who played at a high level of competetion, but for the most part the coaches are grown men who still believe that they missed their shot at the pros or men training to get into the big leagues by doing the prestigious P90x workout. FRHS will not win state in Football until something changes with the staff.

You can only coach the position you played?! WHAT?! :thumb::?

is there a stat book for penalties? im not sure where this information is coming from... and cheap shots? do they hit after the play or something?

Yes, on the conference website, there are stats of all kinds back to 2003, including penalties.

You can look at the individual years on the site, but here's a seven-year summary (based on original Super 7 members only given the change in number of teams over that time):

Penalties Per Game

Baylor 4.36

BA 4.47

McCallie 4.82

MUS 5.15

MBA 5.57

Ryan 5.83

CBHS 5.93

Penalty Yards Per Game

Baylor 37.3

BA 38.0

McCallie 40.7

MUS 42.5

MBA 43.7

Ryan 49.4

CBHS 50.1

Yards Per Penalty

MBA 7.86

MUS 8.25

McCallie 8.46

CBHS 8.46

Ryan 8.47

BA 8.50

Baylor 8.56

You can only coach the position you played?! WHAT?! ;) ;)

You took my words out of context. Never did I say that. Obviously you can, but it is not what works best. I know this as a former coach and DI player

Alright Spoon, let ME spoon feed YOU. This person is obviously not Matt Levine posting this topic, this fact has obviously already been established. Secondly, I did quit the football team to pursue what I wanted to pursue something I was far more passionate about, I did not realize that was a crime and to be honest, I feel that I should not have to defend my choice (especially to you) which was that.......my choice. I think most people would agree I did not quit because of playing time because at that time I was going to be a starter on the offensive line, but I decided I would rather pursue wrestling more earnestly. If you think Father Ryan's football team was better off without me, I totally agree, because my heart at that point was totally not 100% into football, which would have unfortunately been detrimental in my play as both a player and most of all as a teammate. As for the wrestling team winning in spite of me, I take great offense to that since I was a very dedicated and loyal teammate and worked very hard with my teammates to capture that title, something that no one on that team would dispute, but you as in your own words describing yourself as "an outsider", clearly has the right to dispute my loyalty to the people I knew best in high school? I will retract my statement about IrishX being filth and give that title to you because that is what you truly are for calling into question the dedication I had to my teammates on the wrestling team. I sincerely hope you post your true name on this board so that you can no longer hide behind your screen name (which is obviously your right on the internet), so man up spoonful.

Zach, Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in a single game and still talks about it to this day. Sounds like your leaning that way with your high school wrestling accomplishments. It's been several years now since you've graduated, time to move on. Posting on a high school sports message board about your old school isn't something a 20 year old should be doing. I know quite a bit of guys who won state at Ryan, I'd dare to guess all of them would be embarrassed by you.

I also know that I want all of my coaches only coaching a position they played. Every high level coach does that right? Learning a new position to coach is downright ridiculous and is worth at least 3 losses a year.

I also want my coaches to be fat and P90X free. That's worth another 2 losses by my math.

Ryan is destined for at least 5 losses a year before they step on the field unless these former running backs stop coaching recievers and they don't stop working out.

Obviously you dont know me personally then kong, because I rarely harp on my wrestling accomplishments on this board (something you obviously you dont know, hence this is your first time posting) or in everday life for that matter, but if someone is going to call me on this board, heck yeah I am going to defend myself, but this is the last time I am posting on this thread because all I see is people attacking me personally (which it is their right to do, this is the internet where anyone without a spine can post anything they want about anyone). Where I on the other hand only stated my opinion at the start of the thread, which is immature kids on Ryan's team should avoid posting topics like this so as to not bring unwanted attention to the program, and only attacked others after being provoked, via their personal attacks on me.