Signal Mountain spring practice/scrimmages

smeagle1

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.signalmountaineaglesfootball.com/

If you don't think the Free-Press story was valid, how's this? Top of the page.

Old Pirate says there are obviously plenty of Bill Clinton folkes on SM, cause they are bout as believable as ole Bill when he said......."I did not have sex with that woman" OP says theys a herd of possum lerking on SM. :lol::lol:

Everyone knows Signal is getting transfers from the Chattanooga area. It happened when he was at Soddy, Bradley, Coffee and now at Signal. As for the comment about South Pitt getting "players" over the years from North Jackson. I think that is the other way around. South Pittsburg lost a player to North Jackson that would be either a senior or junior this season. I will be interested to see the roster this season. I am not sure they will have one player from North Jackson on it. Schools in this area DO NOT get North Jackson players. North Jackson comes and gets everyone else's players.

http://www.signalmountaineaglesfootball.com/

If you don't think the Free-Press story was valid, how's this? Top of the page.

Old Pirate says there are obviously plenty of Bill Clinton folkes on SM, cause they are bout as believable as ole Bill when he said......."I did not have sex with that woman" OP says theys a herd of possum lerking on SM. :lol:-_-

Yes and Mr. Clinton eventually got bit in the butt ! :lol: What goes around come around!

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YALL.CHEATING AND PLAYING ALL THE CUP CAKES WILL GET YOU NO RESPECT.HE DID THE SAME THING AT COFFEE CO

Can you explain to me how getting two transfers in 5 years one from Florida and one from Chattanooga and playing teams like Baylor, Brentwood, Goodpasture, Oakland, and Wilson Central is playing a cupcake schedule and cheating? I think you might just have a personal problem because your team can never seem to come out on top when it comes up against a Bill Price team.

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YALL.CHEATING AND PLAYING ALL THE CUP CAKES WILL GET YOU NO RESPECT.HE DID THE SAME THING AT COFFEE CO

Can you explain to me how getting two transfers in 5 years one from Florida and one from Chattanooga and playing teams like Baylor, Brentwood, Goodpasture, Oakland, and Wilson Central is playing a cupcake schedule and cheating? I think you might just have a personal problem because your team can never seem to come out on top when it comes up against a Bill Price team.

South Pittsburg ran all over SM last year I don't think it's a jealousy issue. The team here was a dropped touchdown pass, wide open behind the defensive back, in the last minute from beating SM last season. That was by no means a dominating win and I didn't see a powerhouse team. I did see a lot more "antics" from that team than from rivalry opponents Whitwell, Bledsoe and Marion last year. Stuff like that, and running it up on jv teams the year prior, are main reasons for the attitude being shown, not to mention the vague details on the transfers.

South Pittsburg ran all over SM last year I don't think it's a jealousy issue. The team here was a dropped touchdown pass, wide open behind the defensive back, in the last minute from beating SM last season. That was by no means a dominating win and I didn't see a powerhouse team. I did see a lot more "antics" from that team than from rivalry opponents Whitwell, Bledsoe and Marion last year. Stuff like that, and running it up on jv teams the year prior, are main reasons for the attitude being shown, not to mention the vague details on the transfers.

signal mountain gettting 6 or 7 new transfeers hmmmmm kinda supicious i know that last year this team had at least ten to 15 players out of district after one year there would be no reason why all these kids would wont to play there when they could play at far more prestige teams and better school systems i have followed high school football for along time and never have i seen as many out of district players and not to mention a coach that trys to run the score up on everybody just wait a couple year till signal losing all there out of district players and TSSAA steps in i can promise u nobody will feel sorrry for the coach or team i know this is not the kids fault but someone shuold put a stop to this

Let’s clear up a few things that appear to be causing some confusion. First, there are zones but only for certain schools. Any school that is considered an Academy in Hamilton County doesn’t have zone restrictions, although bus service will only be provided within the prescribed zone. Since Fred Jones was mentioned he could have played his freshman and sophomore years at Hixson a non-academy school and then transferred to Howard Academy for his junior year as long as he enrolled in their academy courses, and yes then he could switch to Brainerd Academy his senior year as long as he enrolled in the academy courses there that were not offered at Howard. This is an extreme example but it is reality of the Hamilton County public school system. Bottom line for a kid to switch he/she only has to find a course his current school doesn’t offer and there isn’t anything that can be done about it.

Signal will be the only IB school in Hamilton County. Any kid that wants to enter the IB program would be allowed to go to school there. We will see what impact this has on future enrollment but my guess is with the State Legislature getting ready to sign a bill that will give any kid that graduates with an IB diploma 25 credit hours at any state college, it could be significant. Again time will tell.

As for the 6 transfers mentioned in the TFP article I believe 3 will be seniors this year. One was from East Ridge and he and his father did move to the mountain. He came up after Christmas break and became eligible then. Another moved back to Signal Mountain last year to live with his mom after spending a couple of years in OH with his dad. The last I’m not sure where he came from but where ever it was it is legal. The other 3 kids mentioned I beleive are rising Freshman. Also everyone wants to talk about the coach, but kids don’t enroll with the coach they have to enroll through the school administration. I can promise Dr. McCullough would not allow any illegal activities to take place.

Pridemon, we can all read the TSSAA rules and I’m sure SM and Hamilton County will welcome any inquires. But when you look at the rule book also know there are rulings that the TSSAA has made over the years that set precedence’s. You know the Supreme Court makes decisions everyday on interpretation of laws/rules and so does the TSSAA. I also know for a fact if you are considered in a minority group there are different rules that apply. Like it or not, it is what it is.

Does SM have kids playing that don’t live on the Mountain. Yes, I know one for sure but it went through Hamilton County and the TSSAA before he ever stepped foot onto the field. As a matter of fact in his first year he wasn’t eligible for varsity sports until after Christmas break. So here is a case where you might think something was done wrong but it was all done properly by the school and by his parents. However, since you have limited information and clouded judgment it’s hard for you to comprehend this.

However fair or unfair anyone thinks this is should get over it because it’s the world we live in.

Oh, and cheating is what USC just got caught for. If someone is paying for a kid to play then I would agree that would be cheating. Lol

I will say it again, South pitt will beat them again and Sequatchie might pull this one out this year, but will give Signal fits. They run through rest of there schedule and get beat 2nd or 3rd round. So no Signal didnt dominate their whole schedule. Lookout valley even had a chance to pull it out.

Let’s clear up a few things that appear to be causing some confusion. First, there are zones but only for certain schools. Any school that is considered an Academy in Hamilton County doesn’t have zone restrictions, although bus service will only be provided within the prescribed zone. Since Fred Jones was mentioned he could have played his freshman and sophomore years at Hixson a non-academy school and then transferred to Howard Academy for his junior year as long as he enrolled in their academy courses, and yes then he could switch to Brainerd Academy his senior year as long as he enrolled in the academy courses there that were not offered at Howard. This is an extreme example but it is reality of the Hamilton County public school system. Bottom line for a kid to switch he/she only has to find a course his current school doesn’t offer and there isn’t anything that can be done about it.

Signal will be the only IB school in Hamilton County. Any kid that wants to enter the IB program would be allowed to go to school there. We will see what impact this has on future enrollment but my guess is with the State Legislature getting ready to sign a bill that will give any kid that graduates with an IB diploma 25 credit hours at any state college, it could be significant. Again time will tell.

As for the 6 transfers mentioned in the TFP article I believe 3 will be seniors this year. One was from East Ridge and he and his father did move to the mountain. He came up after Christmas break and became eligible then. Another moved back to Signal Mountain last year to live with his mom after spending a couple of years in OH with his dad. The last I’m not sure where he came from but where ever it was it is legal. The other 3 kids mentioned I beleive are rising Freshman. Also everyone wants to talk about the coach, but kids don’t enroll with the coach they have to enroll through the school administration. I can promise Dr. McCullough would not allow any illegal activities to take place.

Pridemon, we can all read the TSSAA rules and I’m sure SM and Hamilton County will welcome any inquires. But when you look at the rule book also know there are rulings that the TSSAA has made over the years that set precedence’s. You know the Supreme Court makes decisions everyday on interpretation of laws/rules and so does the TSSAA. I also know for a fact if you are considered in a minority group there are different rules that apply. Like it or not, it is what it is.

Does SM have kids playing that don’t live on the Mountain. Yes, I know one for sure but it went through Hamilton County and the TSSAA before he ever stepped foot onto the field. As a matter of fact in his first year he wasn’t eligible for varsity sports until after Christmas break. So here is a case where you might think something was done wrong but it was all done properly by the school and by his parents. However, since you have limited information and clouded judgment it’s hard for you to comprehend this.

However fair or unfair anyone thinks this is should get over it because it’s the world we live in.

Oh, and cheating is what USC just got caught for. If someone is paying for a kid to play then I would agree that would be cheating. Lol

Trust me I have no clouded judgement on anything and definitely not about the kids I know that live out of zone. As far as your information about Signal being an IB school and any kid being allowed to go there who wants to go there is great information. I will definitely spread that info to each and every person that I know that have kids who are middle school and high school age. If one is allowed to go there then any other kid, whether they are a great athlete or not, should also be allowed to attend. :D:D

I have a few family members who still have young ones in school and I think I will get them to give the school a call monday morning and see what they tell them. All you other fellow coach T subscribers ought to also spread the word and if you have kids give them a call and see what they tell you. I would be courious to find out. If everything is by the book then I guess there will be nothing to worry about.