Signal Mountain spring practice/scrimmages

smeagle1

Still can't understand where these good players are coming from then. I saw Signal Mountain play a middle school scrimmage a couple of years ago against So. Pitt and it was honestly sickening how bad they were. I remember thinking, WOW they are going to really struggle in a few years because they really didn't have many good players. I think it was like 14-15 touchdowns to 0. I have seen at least one of Signal's kids at D1 in Chattanooga during the spring though. Maybe Price is just that good of a coach though. One good thing for South Pitt though, win or lose against Signal and we can still win that big Gold ball that we missed last year.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing about the enrollment, I'd expect SM to be AA in all sports for 2011-2012, 3A in the football playoffs if that system is still in place. Most probably know but if you rise above the cutoff, plus grow at least 20 percent, you can move up before the four-year classification ends. They'd likely be in the district with Sequatchie, Bledsoe, Notre Dame, Grundy, Chattanooga Christian which should make for some good match-ups in all sports. With East Hamilton possibly moving to AAA that would balance out the two Chattanooga AA districts.

I wonder if there will be some scrambling for compliance with the TSSAA regulations ("bona fide" change of residence), if they haven't been doing so, now that it's become known the TSSAA has taken some interest in the situation.

I am going to keep my eye on this club this season. I believe they have several young lads that could be achieving legend status. I am going to see these young lads in action during the jamboree week as well as when they play So. Pittsburg and Marion County. The young lads at Signal already have a Living Legend coach. I remember when he was a young lad just starting out coaching at Lookout Valley. I hope everyone from Signal takes advantage when I grace you with my presence this season. Will this Signal team earn legend status or will they just be a number. I am betting that the young lads on this fine ball club will make some noise and achieve legend status this season.

Well I went and watched the scrimmage against Central tonight. Good thing there is still some time left for practice. It gives them plenty of opportunity to learn how to hold onto the ball, I think I counted 5 fumbles. Outside of the many fumbles we looked pretty good. Defense held in some tough spots because of the fumbles. We ran the ball well at times and we passed well at times. We had a few guys sitting this one out and got a couple more dinged up but we have a little more depth and they got some good experience tonight.

Also a good thing the Refs got some practice tonight, they needed it. Speed of the game takes some getting use too.

And yes there are some guys that just might gain Legend status this year.

Well I went and watched the scrimmage against Central tonight. Good thing there is still some time left for practice. It gives them plenty of opportunity to learn how to hold onto the ball, I think I counted 5 fumbles. Outside of the many fumbles we looked pretty good. Defense held in some tough spots because of the fumbles. We ran the ball well at times and we passed well at times. We had a few guys sitting this one out and got a couple more dinged up but we have a little more depth and they got some good experience tonight.

Also a good thing the Refs got some practice tonight, they needed it. Speed of the game takes some getting use too.

And yes there are some guys that just might gain Legend status this year.

they will win the 2AA state this year BOOK it.

Edited by MrChattanoogaFootball

So what was the score? what did Central run and did they look improved under the new coach?

The score was 5-2 Central scored first on the third fumble inside our 30. They got another one late on a long run when we were deep into the bench. But Central did look improved and they have a little more attitude and spirit. Their line needs some work they didn’t protect the QB very well. They did have one fireplug running the ball #40 he was hard to bring down but we swarmed him pretty well. SM looked good on defense and the turnovers hurt the offensive output. We should have scored 7 or 8 and only got 5 because of the fumbles.

I think we have a good shot at the state but I’m not ready to book it. There is a lot of work to do and a long season ahead. We cant afford the turnovers if we are going to win a state title.

Bold prediction, one never knows what can happen.

I don’t think MrChattanoogaFootball is a SM fan, I think he was just one of the two hundred plus people there watching, which included a few area coaches. I could be wrong but I’ve seen some of his other post and they were not about SM.

I’m not sure anyone can say at this point who will or wont win the state the season hasn’t even started. I can say we have a legitimate chance.

We will participate in a four team scrimmage in Cookeville at Tennessee Tech next week. The teams are Cookeville, Bearden, La Vergne and SM playing these larger schools should provide some good competition.