Who's next? Macon Co. Head Football Coach

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mark Pemberton is the new head football coach at Macon County then the Tigers fans should SHUT THEIR MOUTHS & BE THRILLED because you guys just won the lottery. He is a great football coach and the things he did at Knoxville Catholic were amazing. There is no way that athlete for athlete Catholic was better than Fulton or Austin East but year in and year out his teams got bigger and stronger in the weight room and they won a state title by beating a Mitchell team that again was much better athletically than they were. Also I will go out and say that if Pemberton is the new head coach then he is certainly 99.9% going to bring Kevin Smith along with him to run the defense. If Macon County lands those 2 guys and the fans can back them I think they finish 3rd or 4th in the district this season and in the upcoming seasons they will challenge for district championships. I know this because they aren't going to put up with a bunch of nonsense from the peanut gallery and if players don't like how they operate things they aren't going to beg them to stay around..........instead they will show them the quickest way to the EXIT DOOR because losers attitudes will be a thing of the past at Macon with those guys in charge.

If Mark Pemberton is the new head football coach at Macon County then the Tigers fans should SHUT THEIR MOUTHS & BE THRILLED because you guys just won the lottery. He is a great football coach and the things he did at Knoxville Catholic were amazing. There is no way that athlete for athlete Catholic was better than Fulton or Austin East but year in and year out his teams got bigger and stronger in the weight room and they won a state title by beating a Mitchell team that again was much better athletically than they were. Also I will go out and say that if Pemberton is the new head coach then he is certainly 99.9% going to bring Kevin Smith along with him to run the defense. If Macon County lands those 2 guys and the fans can back them I think they finish 3rd or 4th in the district this season and in the upcoming seasons they will challenge for district championships. I know this because they aren't going to put up with a bunch of nonsense from the peanut gallery and if players don't like how they operate things they aren't going to beg them to stay around..........instead they will show them the quickest way to the EXIT DOOR because losers attitudes will be a thing of the past at Macon with those guys in charge.
That's how you become champions. Heck, they may even do better than 3rd or 4th if this is true. That coach does not lose often. Good for Macon County. I hope this was a blessing in disguise. Now you got to wonder if this deal was in the works before Goolsby had his playbook erased.

The word down here,75,000 dollars for this coach.Macon will need the school system to win the lottery,to pay many more like him lol TC1

The word down here,75,000 dollars for this coach.Macon will need the school system to win the lottery,to pay many more like him lol TC1

If it is true about the 75K, then you got to wonder how the other teachers perceive this. (sports over education) Heck that's a lot of money. Wonder if Goolsby was knocking down that much?