RAIN,RAIN,RAIN

LHS98

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree with you to some extent that a wet palying field hurts a passing team the most(i am from a passing team myself)...but in a way i have to disagree.If you can keep the ball dry(switching between plays) then it is a advantage to the reciever to make the cuts because he knows where he is going and the defender doesnt...But that all is if the quaterback can get the ball to the reciever..SO waht i mean is if it is wet but not 2 bad i think it palys into the advantage of a passing team...But if it is real wet it has to be an advantage to the a non-passing team..

Guest region4fan

Hey guys it is not the rain that I mind. Some of my most memorable times were spent playing a hard-fought football game in the rain. It is from a fan's standpoint. I do not mind sitting in the rain watching my boys play at Oakland...in fact all the teens that are strutting to be seen don't come. That makes it great.You know that the people who are there are die-hard fans. I hate driving to a stadium and not being told that a game was cancelled til gametime and feeling there was no reason that it could not have been played. I had to give up PRIZED and EXPENSIVE UT tickets.If they had cancelled it earlier in the day like other schools did, I would have had time to get my money back and MORE on my tickets!I still think it should be the official's decision and not the home school's.

Posted by region4fan:

Hey guys it is not the rain that I mind. Some of my most memorable times were spent playing a hard-fought football game in the rain. It is from a fan's standpoint. I do not mind sitting in the rain watching my boys play at Oakland...in fact all the teens that are strutting to be seen don't come. That makes it great.You know that the people who are there are die-hard fans. I hate driving to a stadium and not being told that a game was cancelled til gametime and feeling there was no reason that it could not have been played. I had to give up PRIZED and EXPENSIVE UT tickets.If they had cancelled it earlier in the day like other schools did, I would have had time to get my money back and MORE on my tickets!I still think it should be the official's decision and not the home school's.

Isn't the decision by the officials and the 2 coaches involved?

Guest region4fan

I am assuming that you are talking about our game from last week. No, the officials did not call it. Your head coach did. Oakland still thought they were playing til a little after 7.Your players were already changed and heading home before someone told our team. Apparently your head coach did not have the decency to even discuss it with Coach Euverard. They were told by a principal......not even by your head coach.That info came straight from the OAKLAND Players.Like I said...it should be the determination of the officials or a joint decision by the 2 coaches. I would feel the same even if it had been Coach E who had done that to you guys.It is called having respect.

Posted by region4fan:

I am assuming that you are talking about our game from last week. No, the officials did not call it. Your head coach did. Oakland still thought they were playing til a little after 7.Your players were already changed and heading home before someone told our team. Apparently your head coach did not have the decency to even discuss it with Coach Euverard. They were told by a principal......not even by your head coach.That info came straight from the OAKLAND Players.Like I said...it should be the determination of the officials or a joint decision by the 2 coaches. I would feel the same even if it had been Coach E who had done that to you guys.It is called having respect.

No, that is not true. I'm a parent and I was still waiting on my son and most of the other guys to come out of the locker room when your bus was leaving the school. I think the decision was made by the Athletic Director, not the coach. Anyway, it was still a level playing field. Both teams were there and ready to play. Both teams had to show back up the next night. By the way, I had UT tickets also.