Springfield Football

I finally watched some of the team practice today, and was very impressed. Alot of hard hits, and this group looks fast. When is the spring game, and who are the Jackets playing? I did not talk to the team, but who are the two coaches that seem fired up from beginning to end of practice? I did not see one of them last year, and saw a few new faces on the team!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a gold/white game May 21 at 6:00. Coach Alvin Fite has been hired to be the new defensive coordinator he was on staff with Myers at Hillsboro. That at this time is the only addition to the staff.

Great Coach Fite will be there..will be a good teacher/communicator, great in the weight room, too. Kids at Hillsboro miss you both.

Although a very young team, i expect this team to surprise a few folks with their execution and enthusiasm. I guess Henry County is still the region frontrunner but look for these Yellowjackets to reach the playoffs again and possibly make a little noise. Coach Fite (former Mr. Tennessee - football, MTSU standout) will be a tremendous addition to this program and community. Robertson Co. now has several quality football programs that can compete with most of the other top teams in the state at their respected classifications.

Coach Myers is a bigger man, Coach Southerland use to wear a visor and is in a fraternity, Coach Fite is a muscle bound young and energetic man. Don't forget about the 5 other coaches on staff. From what I am hearing, this staff works well together with one goal. To play disciplined football! Seems as if salmoides knows these coaches well, with some hard feelings to these gentlemen. Does your team play Coach Myers and his Yellow Jackets this year? :popcorneater:

Coach Myers is a bigger man, Coach Southerland use to wear a visor and is in a fraternity, Coach Fite is a muscle bound young and energetic man. Don't forget about the 5 other coaches on staff. From what I am hearing, this staff works well together with one goal. To play disciplined football! Seems as if salmoides knows these coaches well, with some hard feelings to these gentlemen. Does your team play Coach Myers and his Yellow Jackets this year? :thumb:

No hard feelings as far as I am concerned. Just trying to identify who is who. We have identified Myers, Southerland, and Fite. Who are the other five coaches? What do they coach? Where did they all come from?

I talked to a school board member today, and these are the names he gave me: Coach Clemons - former Springfield standout who played at Cumberland then coached at Lebonon (DB's), Coach Bigsbee - former Springfield standout who played at Lane College (WR's), Coach Campbell - a former head coach (QB's, Offense), Coach Porter - SRO (RB's/DL), Coach Fish - coached at Hillsboro (Kickers), and word is two more gentlemen may join staff in June. From what I am hearing they all get along, and Alvin Fite, Southerland, and Clemons are playfull, however, seem to bring a new attitude to the defense. I just hope we will stop the run this year! Can anyone shed some light on the progression of the offense this spring? ;)