Alcoa vs. CAK-Round 3

OldSoccerFan

I'm sick of seeing that "hippy haired" coach of theirs. Sheesh... you'd think he was raised in Hawaii or something. Oh, wait.

Gotta love playing against one of your best friends. I know Alcoa will be pumped. It is really hard to beat an opponent 3 times in the same season. We need to be ready.

Game is on Thursday at 7:00 at CAK.

Alcoadad, I hope you stop in to say hello!

Aha, busting on me about the hair! Next thing you'll start saying I fake knee injuries.

Can't lie, I don't like playing so frequently, but the alternative is unacceptable. Hope we can have a fourth match, but we both have tough roads ahead. Looks like AA/A is loaded this year so just getting to this point is awesome. We will have some fun on Thursday and Pray we both come out healthy.

In all truthfulness, this season has been so challenging with obstacles, and I know people outside really don't care, but it has been awesome to see young men rise up and play with so much heart. Never expected to have 3 freshman starters at this point. I know I have learned so much about faith and trust. I really is about the journey and not the destination.

Good Luck to all, guys!

Alcoadad, I hope you stop in to say hello!

BigG, I keep trying to shake your hand, but you are always so surrounded by the media after beating us :thumb: . How about you lose this one so we can finally meet????? In all seriousness, this is a good rival game as both teams play hard and respect each other. I also think the game elevates each teams play and helps individual players see what they can be. I really like the atmosphere at CAK, but I do wish you could be enjoying the Alcoa/Goddard Field atmosphere instead!

See you Thursday and I will make every effort to say, "hello".

:?

0-0 at half. Both teams played kind of "sluggish" in the first half.

Matt Warren scored first, followed by a goal by Stevie Thompson. David Platillero scored a nice header off of a cross (first one ever off of his head in high school).

Brodus scored a direct kick from about 40 yards out (man, that kid can serve one in there!).

Final 3-1.

CAK plays Chuckey Doak at 4:00 at CAK.

Alcoa will travel to Greeneville. Don't know the time of the game.

p.s. It was a pleasure meeting Alcoa dad! Thanks for coming up and saying hello!

To Big G and Akula....good to see you guys are still....kicking! Hah, couldn't resist that one. I have to say that I was surprised to see both your teams ranked so high in the state....with so many losses!! Then I looked at the schedule that both of you played- Impressive! Both of you have played a brutal schedule and I would say that this is the recipe for returning to the State Championships over and over. It is a tried and true approach to anything- play the best possible competition and you get better. I am glad to see that the rankings reflect on the strength of the team, not just the wins and losses! I am going to watch the Farragut game first....but if it is a blow out, I look forward to driving a few miles down the road and see CAK play!! Wish they could have put of guys at 5:00 p.m. Oh well....Should be a lot of fun!! Good luck to both of you and hope to see you guys play in the Championship game! (that is possible I believe??) :huh:

Dang APB, your first soccer post of the year and you gotta call me out like that!!!!?????? It's OK, I know you're behind us this week. Would love for another match up, but know both teams are going to have to play incredible this week. Just looking at the 7 I know are going, its going to be tough to advance in any round. I'm just really excited about the opportunity to go again with these boys. They have been through so much this year and many times it looked like we would fall apart and it would come to an end, but they just tighten their boots and keep fighting. I'm very proud to be part of this team. Good Luck to everyone at state. Gonna be some great soccer.