Crockett County

FBCOACH

Here is the link to the article in the Jackson Sun Newspaper.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20100 ... oach-again

I'll let the article speak for itself without any comments since it is obvious that coachT has a legal concern and there is a very popular and successful coach in question. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Cary Mac and I hope he finds the right place for him and his family this fall. He is an excellent coach and there are some openings across the state where he can find work. Good luck coach.

Now, let's leave the coach out of the thread and simply look at the potential new candidates for the position.

Coach Mac requires his boys and assistant coaches to be there for every summer workout and a lot of West TN boys probably work on farms in the summer months. Now, I don't know this for a fact but that might play into the situation. Mac wins because he knows how to get young men into the weight room and he works their fannies off!

Coach Mac requires his boys and assistant coaches to be there for every summer workout and a lot of West TN boys probably work on farms in the summer months. Now, I don't know this for a fact but that might play into the situation. Mac wins because he knows how to get young men into the weight room and he works their fannies off!

He got released because he just FORGOT to metion he was arrested in April for a DUI. That is fact it is in the Panola newspaper and is a public document for viewing. He was not released because Crockett county players or coaches couldnt' handle the hard work ethic he brought to the table!!(Give me a break) Crockett county has been a great program over the past decade and they have not gotten there by just showing up when you want to for summer workouts and practicing when they want to! No they work as hard or harder than any other school and the results prove that!!

Yea, a week of spring practice and he was just so hard they about died out there so they decided to release him!! hahahaha!! McCurry had skeletons in his closet(like everyone does) it was just unfortunate for him that his little secrets came out!! And thats why he was released, more than likely after talking with him about this as well as other things the Administration realized that he wasn't good fit for the school, team and community like the paper says. Crockett and McCurry will both move on from this and be just fine I'm sure!

He got released because he just FORGOT to metion he was arrested in April for a DUI. That is fact it is in the Panola newspaper and is a public document for viewing. He was not released because Crockett county players or coaches couldnt' handle the hard work ethic he brought to the table!!(Give me a break) Crockett county has been a great program over the past decade and they have not gotten there by just showing up when you want to for summer workouts and practicing when they want to! No they work as hard or harder than any other school and the results prove that!!

Yea, a week of spring practice and he was just so hard they about died out there so they decided to release him!! hahahaha!! McCurry had skeletons in his closet(like everyone does) it was just unfortunate for him that his little secrets came out!! And thats why he was released, more than likely after talking with him about this as well as other things the Administration realized that he wasn't good fit for the school, team and community like the paper says. Crockett and McCurry will both move on from this and be just fine I'm sure!

If a DUI gets you outed from a program then half the teachers and almost ALL OF THE COACHES I know drink and sometimes end up driving home. If you don't believe me go to any football coaches clinic this summer and see for yourself. Now, I do not favor or support folks drinking and driving but how many coaches do not go and grab a beer or two or three before they drive home? A bunch do and it is just a luck of the draw that coach got caught if this story is true. In TN .08 gets you the trip to court and it doesn't take much to reach that point.

If a DUI gets you outed from a program then half the teachers and almost ALL OF THE COACHES I know drink and sometimes end up driving home. If you don't believe me go to any football coaches clinic this summer and see for yourself. Now, I do not favor or support folks drinking and driving but how many coaches do not go and grab a beer or two or three before they drive home? A bunch do and it is just a luck of the draw that coach got caught if this story is true. In TN .08 gets you the trip to court and it doesn't take much to reach that point.

He FORGOT TO MENTION the dui that happened in April! That's the part that can get you "outed from a program." Whether it would've made a difference in hiring him or not we'll never know. He obviously thought that it would make a difference.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• You could trade or swap any 2-4 IMO . WC is rebuilding, PC loses the presence of 4 year stud Joshua Warren. Mcewen lacks the speed the other teams have , and also lost its top two way player from last season . HRB will look a lot different this coming season.. they return a ton of experience (though still a little on the young side as they are mostly JRs and SO ) but I liked what I saw out of them vs Mcnairy Central , I was hearing MC had 18 SRs , so that’s usually a death sentence vs small 1A schools I don’t care who they are . HRB looked to have the best player on the field , Brady can really run it .. reminds me of Ganaway but more of a WR .. the new regime will be a positive for them . 
    • watch out for those Red Boiling Bulldogs 
    • Never too early for football talk and good as time as any to start a new thread for this region after spring scrimmages have been completed. This region is all up for grabs after Mckenzie.. Mckenzie should run away with it and not stop until Chattanooga . My prediction  Mckenzie  Houston County  HRB Mcewen  West Carroll  Perry County    
    • Agreed EastNasty. I honestly can't remember the last time metro had a big time QB recruit. I know several that played QB but weren't being recruited as a QB.
    • Don’t think they was using the current system and I personally don’t consider them Metro schools.