Riverdale vs. Coffee County

HIT

Another great year by CC. Started hot, stayed hot but what happened? Most teams improve throughout the season. Couldnt get it done when it mattered and when the competition was tough. Something is wrong when a team has that much talent and yet failed to make a state tournament appearance, AGAIN! One more shot next year. After that hang it up because there are no ballers in the pipeline. Congrats on another great season.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great year by CC. Started hot, stayed hot but what happened? Most teams improve throughout the season. Couldnt get it done when it mattered and when the competition was tough. Something is wrong when a team has that much talent and yet failed to make a state tournament appearance, AGAIN! One more shot next year. After that hang it up because there are no ballers in the pipeline. Congrats on another great season.

Only 8 make the state so several good teams are at home. Be a true fan not a basher. :popcorneater:

That is a tough section to go through. One of Coffee County, Soddy Daisy and Riverdale was not getting to the state. All three teams are good enough to get there. It came down to which teams got the big two-out hits and both Riverdale and Soddy were able to do that.

I have been wondering where "phastpitchphan" was hiding. Just lying in wait to pounce on CC's coach for not making the state tourn. I'm sure he/she could have taken them a lot farther. lol

I was at several games this year and the CC girls are one of the great teams in the state. The future is bright @ CC. Be proud of the season you had!!

That is a tough section to go through. One of Coffee County, Soddy Daisy and Riverdale was not getting to the state. All three teams are good enough to get there. It came down to which teams got the big two-out hits and both Riverdale and Soddy were able to do that.

In my opinion nothing the kids or coaches should hang their heads about. I don't know who will knock who out in the Boro but Riverdale and Soddy will have to be considered. Losses at the end of the season to last years state champion and a team ranked nationally, is no reason to hang your head. Ravenwood (who we beat twice) is going...(no disrespect to them), does that mean "it's not fair"?

Who said it was supposed to be fair? Life isn't. The system is designed to pick a state champion, not accurately work out who is the 4th, 5th, or 6th, best team in the state. Does Coffee County have anything to hang their head about? No.....do we have things we can work on to get better? In my opinion...ALWAYS!

As anyone who knows mine should know, she was upset at losing, that's what makes her a competetor. I told her to take a week off and let's start working on getting ready for next year. That's what this game is all about.....constant adjustments and improvements. Come back next year healthy at the begining of the year and be ready to hit the ball out of the park as opposed to a deep sac fly like this year. I have no doubt the rest of the girls will want to work just as hard.

Casey said Terry told them, "if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best"....we didn't. How these young ladies react to not making the state tournament, in my opinion will define them for the rest of their lives. They can sit back and say, "it can't be done" or they can make up their minds not to be out worked this summer and off season. All of our starters are back next year. That's a good start....Several of the younger girls have the ability to improve over the off season to push starters out, if the starters don't improve. There will be new girls coming in that will be a factor....That's what ball is about. I like our chances but we will see.

At any rate I enjoyed watching this team this year and enjoyed being associated with all the parents and kids. Let's build on that and have some more fun.

See Ya'll at the Hut.

JV