LEWIS COUNTY Sping games

Stat_pack1

Heard LCHS had a couple of Spring games. Anyone have any info. on how they did. Alot of new faces for LCHS this year. Curious how they looked. Have the fixed the QB/Safety issues from last year? Going to be a interesting year for LCHS this year. Agree with other stats.....7-3/8-2 Seems like a good number for them.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had 2 competitive (comparatively even) scrimmages against 2 quality teams in Lexington and Camden. In both scrimmages the players were very physical with a lot of questions answered. Attitude and Sr. leadership was great. This team is not a big "talk it up" team. The players are taking a businesslike approach to the off season and up coming season. Should be a very exciting fall.

Great turn out! Heard from other stat......that you had a Huge Freshman class, and soph. Any going to be able to be value this year? How many seniors, and jrs. on this years team? Good to hear the turn out is high, think LCHS will do good this year......with the experience so many young players got last year, and some of the teams they played will have to rebuild/reload, goes in favor of LCHS having a good year. They sure played a tough schedule last year......from sping to the end of the seasons. All that experience should help the players and the coaches prepare for the upcoming season. Think they all learned alot from last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Lewis board is sure quiet. What's going on over there. Going to be a good year for Lewis. Lets hear whats going on.........where are all the stats people? Any new players stepping up to fill in from last year? I know you had a couple of key players lost last year, but a lot of young kids got some big time experience.....should really pay off this year.

Heard that Coach Sharp was going to retire and that Scotty Duncan was the new head coach? Anyone confirm that?

My opinion of LC is that they won't do better than 4-6. Miss playoffs two years in a row. All 4 3A schools in District 12AA are screwed by new system anyway, and none will get in (meaning Fairview, Hickman Co, and East Hickman also). Overall record gets you in playoffs? What a joke. So that means a win over Richland or Red Boiling Springs means the same as beating Lawrence Co or Creekwood? Give me a break.

Heard that Coach Sharp was going to retire and that Scotty Duncan was the new head coach? Anyone confirm that?

My opinion of LC is that they won't do better than 4-6. Miss playoffs two years in a row. All 4 3A schools in District 12AA are screwed by new system anyway, and none will get in (meaning Fairview, Hickman Co, and East Hickman also). Overall record gets you in playoffs? What a joke. So that means a win over Richland or Red Boiling Springs means the same as beating Lawrence Co or Creekwood? Give me a break.

First off............LCHS was in the playoffs last year. If you look at the schedule they played last year......you will find it was the hardest they ever played...from scrimmages........to finale game. They were competitive in all the games except for 2 halfs......Page and Camden. They played tough every single game. They had 2 soph. 2 jrs. in the backfield starting. They gained alot of experience which will pay off this year. I agree about the schedule ......they did get screwed. They were the smallest school in the district. TSSAA really messed it up with this schedule. Don't know about Sharp.....heard he was staying on this year, but never know. They will do better than 4-6.....more like 7-3/8-2 . All the other schools except for Page and Marshall.......will be rebuilding from last year. Page, Marshall should be the biggest challenge, might add Giles...just don't know about their depth and experience. Last years team from Giles was special. Going to be tough to equal. Wayne county lost their backfield and some other key players so hard to say......but they won't be as good as last year (plus there shouldn't be a magic whistle this year). Fairview......Lewis was just flat out coached and coaches cost them that game. Lewis has a few holes to fill that is going to be tough......they lost a DE and a corner. But with other schools rebuilding/reloading Lewis should have a great year even in this district. FYI...the only 2 schools that give State champions "GILES" was page and Lewis......so I wouldn't county Lewis out of the hunt. I think the coaches learned alot from last year...after all...they weren't playing Waverly, Richland Loretto etc. Have to earn all the wins now. Coaching needs to improve big time though.

Stat_pack1 has some well thought out points. Page and Marshall will be hard to beat this year. I disagree with the assessment that TSSAA screwed up the schedules though. It is in LCHS's favor to face stiff competition week end and week out. The regular season grind should prepare them for the playoffs. LCHS will have to discover the forward pass in order to compete in the district. Balance is the key. There is too much speed + strength + size among the 4A clubs to rely on just pounding the ground.

I'm sure LCHS coaches gained a lot of knowledge last season facing different offense's & defense's than in past years. The key is did the players realize the difference. Chances are Giles will play 4 5A teams & 2 6A teams before they settle into the district run. Being able to man-up against these teams certainly helps. Although the East Tennessee folks would argue differently, playing Page, Marshall, SH, & Giles will prepare Lewis well for the playoffs. All four of these schools have solid coaching staffs and bring many different formations to the table. The bar is now set at a higher level in Middle Tennessee. I believe LCHS has the staff & the tradition to be highly competitive in their district.

:wub:

No, Coach Sharp is not retiring any time soon, Coach Duncan was hired as an assistant and thanks for your opinion on Lewis County. :wub:

Stat_pack1 has some well thought out points. Page and Marshall will be hard to beat this year. I disagree with the assessment that TSSAA screwed up the schedules though. It is in LCHS's favor to face stiff competition week end and week out. The regular season grind should prepare them for the playoffs. LCHS will have to discover the forward pass in order to compete in the district. Balance is the key. There is too much speed + strength + size among the 4A clubs to rely on just pounding the ground.

I'm sure LCHS coaches gained a lot of knowledge last season facing different offense's & defense's than in past years. The key is did the players realize the difference. Chances are Giles will play 4 5A teams & 2 6A teams before they settle into the district run. Being able to man-up against these teams certainly helps. Although the East Tennessee folks would argue differently, playing Page, Marshall, SH, & Giles will prepare Lewis well for the playoffs. All four of these schools have solid coaching staffs and bring many different formations to the table. The bar is now set at a higher level in Middle Tennessee. I believe LCHS has the staff & the tradition to be highly competitive in their district.

:roflol:

I agree that Lewis against the competition in this district will help them come playoff time. But the question is: How is the new playoff qualifying going to work? This year the top 2 go, and the rest are wild cards aren't they.

Someone indicated Lewis going 8-2 or 7-3. I'm not sure they will have that strong of a record?

Since Giles plays 7 District games, how will they play 6 other games against 5A and 6A schools?