Another Coach Leaving

katyna36

Coach Johnson received a fellowship at Michigan State University.
As a long time poster on this site, Eddie knows what he posts. Getting a fellowship at Michigan State is prestigious. It is understandable her accepting the honor. Players on her team should feel very honored she accepted the honor. Now lets get on to the task at hand like LHS has done with the last two coaches and find a highly regarded coach like the past two.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a long time poster on this site, Eddie knows what he posts. Getting a fellowship at Michigan State is prestigious. It is understandable her accepting the honor. Players on her team should feel very honored she accepted the honor. Now lets get on to the task at hand like LHS has done with the last two coaches and find a highly regarded coach like the past two.

the next coach should be an LHS alumn or somebody from the area

Michigan, Mississippi, they're close. Now we look forward to hearing who is taking over this very talented group of players and is supported by the tradition of LHS. My thinking is there is another group of players coming out of the school who will play university basketball/

the next coach should be an LHS alumn or somebody from the area

ice...other than bud at wc and bradshaw now at watertown i don't think there are any other LHS grads still in coaching.

Summer is here, you would think they would not take long to find her replacement. Is the team not going to any camps this summer? Has anyone heard who might be the frontrunners??

Per the Wilson post that they will keep taking resume. Princ. Ashe of Lebanon is leaving for a admin. job in school system and she advice she would let the new principal choose. To me, I feel like she does not want the reasonablity of making that decision which is not a good thing!

Known Fact:

The Asst. Coach Brag is internim for now. The team will be attending 4 summer camps: Shelbyville, Franklin(a-game), siegel, and TSU in June.

So all is in the air, no question of how things are going to turn out :roflol:

I have to post this and its because there have been numerous situations because of the way hiring is handled and personnel is changed around at the end of the year. This thing of who hires is one of the worst things going. How about assigning a competent assistant principal to task or since the principal at this date, likely has already been select and give a waiver the principal coming in right now that he/she can make the selection. This happens to LHS every time a change is made and for that matter other schools also. One thing is sure, someone knew what they were doing to temporarily assign the asst coach to summer camps. Though the next thing that will happen is everyone is doing it and no one winds up doing it, someone tries to help and makes the decision and makes someone mad OR a decision is not made and a coach needs to know something to make moving arrangements and it didn't happen. Time after time the senario plays out but in LHS credit, they have had a smoothe transition with the last two, one with the principal transferring also. Seems the folks at Lebanon find a way to change their coaches when their principals change.

Well whoever gets the position I hope they are in it for the long haul. In my opinion it should be someone outside of the box. Nobody local with school ties but someone who know the game. Someone who has been where these girls are similar to Ashley. Alysha Clark would be a great prospect if she was at all interested and qualified. But most important this person needs to have backbone to stay longer that a few years give the talent there a fair chance to succeed. The talent is there in all grades. So pray for the administration to make the best decision!