AAA State Tournament- Predictions/Schedule

FHSstr8cash

http://www.tssaa.org/2009Champions/StateBaseball/ClassAAA/State.htm

There's the schedule.. what does everyone think is going to happen? Who wins it all??

Having seen just about every one of these teams, here is my first round thoughts:

Columbia vs Collierville. Dragons hit. Spann pitches. Should be a great game. Can't pick a winner but two great coaches and should be a fun game to watch!

Farragut vs Clarksville. Haven't seen Clarksville since last summer. Phifer should get the win here for the Admirals. But Clarksville is pretty good in extra innings!

Mt. Juliet vs Science Hill. Clarksville drew Phifer. Coach Purvis and the Bears draw Norris. But Mt Juliet always seems to find a way. Another great ballgame.

Coffee Co vs Houston. Coffee finds itself in a tough bracket. But if they were in the other bracket it would be a tough bracket. Loser of this game may be two and bar-b-cue. But great thing about high school sports is that anyone can win. Ya never know.

Team's record in the http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball/2010%20Warrior%20Spring%20Classic%20Schedule.pdf Warrior Spring Classic:

Columbia (2-2)

Collierville (4-0) WSC Champions

Farragut (0-0) scheduling conflict this year

Clarksville (1-3)

Mt Juliet (3-1) lost to Collerville 7-2 or they would have been WSC champions

Science Hill (1-3)

Coffee Co (0-0)

Houston (0-0) scheduling conflict this year

A Collierville vs Mt Juliet rematch in the title game?

Farragut has two top D-1 level pitchers in Pfeifer and Williams. I think this helps them greatly and they should win their side. Bottom bracket is a toss up because who does SH turn to after Norris? Mt. Juliet could win it as well, tough 1st round matchup. I think Farragut makes it to the championship and wins a close one over Mt. Juliet 4-1.

this is hard for me to say because i have only seen mount juliet farragut and science hill play. but i saw collierville last year 3 times and saw some great young talented pitching. i feel the upper bracket is the easiest bracket. science hill is tough with norris but i see mount juliet advancing. for farragut to get there they need bennet and delmonico to be big. a couple of people to get hot and a little luck. being a former farragut player and now a follower ive seen what it takes to win it all and that is talent, luck, a solid number 2 pitcher, and someone to get hot at the plate. i think if collierville has a good number 2 they beat farragut in a close game on wednesday. it would be hard but farragut could bounce back and get back in the championship ala 2006. farragut has some struggling bats at the bottom of there line up. who are mount juliets pitchers besides gross? and who are colliervilles?

collierville vs mount julliet