2011 Predictions

bradley08

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Franklin and Ravenwood both beat them last year... Franklin has Woods and Shrader..Ravenwood has Freeman who was at 112 (beat Maxwell twice) and Churchill at 25 (who beat Pitts)....Blackman has Kennedy and Fuerbacher...Im not saying Independence isnt strong, Im just saying I doubt theyll finish fourth when they didnt even qualify last year and the teams that beat them are only stronger next year..

Here are the Region 8 state qualifiers that are returning. Listed are their names/school, weight in which they competed LAST season (I have no clue where they will be this season) and their upcoming grade:

103 - Zac Summer/Collierville/So, Sidney Blackwood/Germantown/So, Tyler Smith/Houston/Jr, Tate Dalrymple/Bolton/Jr

112 - Evan McCutchen/Bolton/Jr (may be transferring to a school in GA), Kendall Kermick/Germantown/Sr/5th in state, Shane Shaffner/Kingsbury/Sr, Biffle/Bartlett/Jr

119 - Duncan/Arlington/Sr

125 - Hayslett/Raleigh-Egypt/So, Greenbery/Houston/Jr, Barker/Collierville/Sr

130 - Kraemer/Collierville/Jr, Bentley/Houston/Sr, Robertson/Arlington/Jr

135 - all graduated

140 - Adams/Cordova/Jr, Smith/Brighton/Sr, Bates/Collierville/Sr, Mosley/Houston/Sr

145 - Moore/Raleigh-Egypt/Jr, Strawn/Bartlett/Jr

152 - Holden Schay/Houston/Jr/5th in state

160 - Hunter Badon/Arlington/Jr, Royer/Millington/Jr

171 - Robinson/Millington/Sr

189 - Houston/Southwind/Sr, Worley/White-Station/Jr, Pitre/Collierville/Sr, Taylor/Millington/Sr

215 - Holden/Collierville/Jr, Harris/Houston/Sr, Green/Bartlett/Sr

285 - all graduated

Looks like these predictions are all based on the individual tournament and not the duals. Just a handful of horses can make a team look good in the individual tourney. I personally think the duals determine the better team by also emphasizing coaching strategy and matchups.

Deadlift. I think your completely right. The dual tournament is completely different. It does show who the better team is as well as who has done a better job coaching by the stategy they use. My comments on the individual part was to say that Rossview will surprise some folks. Do I think they will win the state in either tournament ? No. Will they give teams like Bradley and Cleveland a run for their money? No. But I do think that they will surprise people with the talent that they have coming back. I also agree that the coach does make that difference and Coach Brown was the glue that kept that team together and its yet to be seen as to whether that will happen this year. If they can keep it together they will be extremely tough regardless of last years results and how many people they had place in the state. There were many kids in the past that should have placed and kids that we all predicted that would place that never did. Anything can happen in the state and kids that we think wont, can, if they bring their "A" game. I'm only commenting on Rossview because we wrestle in that region and that is the info that I am comfortable about talking about. I dont know enough about the other regions to have enough information to carry a good conversation about them. Rossview will be tough and it will be very interesting to watch them and Clarksville go at it. Clarksville only lost 2 kids but they were 2 very good kids. But as we know with Clarksville, they always have another horse in the stable. Rossview lost 2 also but the 2 that they lost were far from being there better wrestlers and once again if they can do the extra work during the summer and the coach can keep em together, we might have a very close race for the region again.. Ready for the season to start again. Oh yeah, we might even have a few dark horses at Creek Wood. They are definitely putting in the extra work this summer, We have a few going to tournaments as well as having 6 going to the Ken Chertow camps in Georgia and Pennsylvania. Who knows? We won't be giant killers but we might have a few that could mix things up.

Beech Hendersonville and white House all have kids wrestling in LionsPride freestyle/greco, at Beech. Mt Juliet and blackman. so these guys have had a full freestyle season and geting ready to go off to some summer camps. starting with the MBA camp on monday the 7th.

also Nic Bundy will be at Beech high school camp June 21 thru 25. email beechcoachjroberts@comcast.net for information.

As for the region 7 if roosview keeps everyone they should knock off clarksville. with those two being the top two in the region. Hendersonville is gonna be senior heavy. Beech has had kids working hard in freestyle and trying to get better for the season. Beech had 13 kids doing off season at lions pride grappling. hendersonville had about 5 consistantly and white house had about 5 also. I am expecting the level of wrestling in region 7 to go way up this year.

Wow I guess Science Hill must have dropped the program this year, budget cuts!!!!!!

Don't worry MatCat most still have a hard time understanding that Tennessee doesn't stop at Knoxville. They always seem to have a problems looking into the sun to see what is coming out of the east. The sun will always rise and so will The Hill.

Science Hill may do well this year but they're losing alot. I just took a peak at the NWCA website and it looks like the Hill is loosing more senior starters that about any other team in the state.