Boyd Buchanan vs Decatur Co. Riverside

crazy_cowboy89

HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE: THIS IS RIVERSIDE HIGH SCHOOL'S FIRST STATE CHAMPIONSHIP IN ANYTHING

AND ONLY THE 4TH APPEARANCE OF ANY KIND BY ANY TEAM IN THE STATE TOURNAMENT

73 GIRLS BASKETBALL (COLLETT, WALLACE, CHANDLER, MAYES) LOST TO WOODBURY IN THE 1ST GAME OF THE STATE TOURNAMENT

85 BASEBALL (POWERS, HARRINGTON, ODLE, FISHER, RHODES, SCOTT) LOST TO CHATT CENTRAL IN THE FINAL GAME

09 BASEBALL (ALMOST EVERYBODY FROM THIS YEAR) LOST TO SUMMERTOWN IN THE FINAL

CONGRATS TO THE PANTHER PLAYERS, FANS, AND PARENTS. IN THE 44 YEAR HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE FINEST MOMENTS! FROM THE DAYS OF COACHES LIKE MACK CHANDLER, SAMMY FISHER, AND THE CURRENT GUYS JEFF RHODES AND SCOTTY FISHER THIS IS ONE FOR THE PANTHER NATION AND ALL OF DECATUR COUNTY. WAY TO GO BLUE AND GOLD!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Riverside on the State Championship. I haven't seen you play, but to make it to state says one thing, but to blow most teams out like you did in the state tournament, that speaks for itself.

Congrats to Boyd as well. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of. You had a great season, and made Boyd Buchanan history. :thumb:

Riverside is a small public class A school that lost last year's title game with 8 seniors. How did they get even better? I know Gant is special and special players can't make people around them play better, but did they have any first year players/transfers or was the lineup on the team last year?

Riverside is a small public class A school that lost last year's title game with 8 seniors. How did they get even better? I know Gant is special and special players can't make people around them play better, but did they have any first year players/transfers or was the lineup on the team last year?

Riverside isn't a small Class 1A school. I think we are the 2nd or 3rd largest 1A school. Don't know the exact number but its around 400. From I was told, we were actually only about 25 or so kids from be 2A in the last realignment.