Hampton 2010 - 2011

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it will come down to cosby and hampton in the regional finals...i think both teams will go to substate and possibly state..just depends on who they would match-up against in substate. both teams have good guards and have good heighth

i completely agree... both teams return alot of players. should be a very interesting game.

• 2 weeks later...

The Dogs went 8-1 in the King College camp and won all of their games except for the Cherokee game(2 pt win) by double digits. They had good wins over D. Bennett(about 25 points) and CAK(12-14 pts). Their only loss was to Daniel Boone and Ward did not play at all in that game due to knee trouble. The team looked somewhat different and actually played at a pretty high level for the most part. Hughes played really well throughout as did Jones and Hill. Hill played really well for a couple of games. Lyons played his normal game of bringing the toughness and the rebounding. Trussler and Hassett both seemed to have improved and will really help this year.

Not that it matters because it's summer. CAK was up double digits at half and twice subbed and Hampton made big runs to tie and take the lead. The final score was only 7 and was a very good game with CAK hitting a 3 to tie the game with 2 minutes left at 61-61. Hampton ended up being the better team in the end but to say it was a double digit easy win idk. I respect hampton and think they will be a state tournament team in single A. Very well coached and the kids play hard it was a great game.

Not that it matters because it's summer. CAK was up double digits at half and twice subbed and Hampton made big runs to tie and take the lead. The final score was only 7 and was a very good game with CAK hitting a 3 to tie the game with 2 minutes left at 61-61. Hampton ended up being the better team in the end but to say it was a double digit easy win idk. I respect hampton and think they will be a state tournament team in single A. Very well coached and the kids play hard it was a great game.

i totally agree with you coach,i think CAK would have one this one in a regular season matchup,but that saying,hampton should definately be in the state tourn,east tenn single A is very much down this year seen some of the best players in years graduate,the toughest games they will have will be in their own district,harriman should have a better team this year,but their biggs arent good enough to beat hampton.Grace,greenback,rockwood,Osprings,tellico,all graduated great players.Hampton should have an easy walk to the tourn,still dont think the east can compete with the west tenn teams though,but would be a great accomplishment just to be there,then anything can happen i guess!Good luck this season Dawgs!always enjoy the climate controllers classic-that is when we get to play it.

i totally agree with you coach,i think CAK would have one this one in a regular season matchup,but that saying,hampton should definately be in the state tourn,east tenn single A is very much down this year seen some of the best players in years graduate,the toughest games they will have will be in their own district,harriman should have a better team this year,but their biggs arent good enough to beat hampton.Grace,greenback,rockwood,Osprings,tellico,all graduated great players.Hampton should have an easy walk to the tourn,still dont think the east can compete with the west tenn teams though,but would be a great accomplishment just to be there,then anything can happen i guess!Good luck this season Dawgs!always enjoy the climate controllers classic-that is when we get to play it.

Skippy, my biggest fear is that this team might just think they will "walk" to the state tourney.....I hear they actually played good 'TEAM' ball at the U.T. camp....IF that keeps up, they will go far this season (if injuries dont halt them). This year could be very special IF the biggs decide to work hard on foot speed in the off season and IF personal goals are set aside (there is not one or even two players great enough to take this team to state....must be a team effort). IF those things dont happen, they'll just "walk" right home again this year.

Hampton has done pretty well over the last few days in the camps. They accidently put themselves in the large school bracket down at the UT camp but still played pretty well against some great competition. They beat Palmetto SC, Oak Ridge(split squad), Knox Halls and only lost to Chatt. Red Bank by 4. They winded up also losing to Cleveland and to one other team in which Ward did not play at all. They were in every game. They also came in as runner ups in the overtime tournament that was held. They just came back from the Gate City tounament and were undefeated over there. They beat Sullivan South, Gate City(twice), Council Va, Honaker, VA, Twin Spings, VA, and one other VA team. Dylan Hill cut his eye and only played about one half of one game the whole time and Jones also recieved a cut and did not play several games. Several of the younger guys stepped up with Trussler stepping up big and also Tyler Chambers and Wesley Murray played some really good minutes.

It is exciting to hear the good news about Hampton. How is Ward's knee? Go Dawgs!

Much better! He's probably 90% now, which is a long way from where it was. Hopefully it continues to improve! The team looked really good at the play day again on Wednesday. They really were not even challenged. They played against Harriman(heard they had some guys out?), Rockwood(JV), Tellico Plains and Wartburg. The 2nd team guys continued to improve a lot IMO. I think some of those guys will be able to contribute much more than I had originally thought. I just hope the guys can get healthy and stay healthy and it could be a special year. Injuries have really hurt Hampton the last 2 years with Ward having the severely sprained ankle 2 years ago at tournament time and then his knees last year to go along with Jones being out with an ankle and Dylan Hill's ankle being hurt probably more than most people know and all of it coming around tournament time. Maybe everyone can get healthy and make up for what they should have done the last 2 years in a BIG way.