Memphis Spring Football

JodyJoe

Any updates or words on how local Area Teams are doing? I saw some of Southwind's spring practice in Feburary and liked what I saw. Less bickering among players and better execution with some players missing. I heard Wooddale handled Memphis East a few weeks ago, OB did the same to Memphis Central as well. I'm really interested in whats been going on with the county schools, Millington andn Arlington fans I'm sure you'll fill me in.

Millington had a very production spring under their new head coach. A lot of improvement from the begining to the end. This Millington team has talent and is eager to get back on track after a disappointing year last year. A number of sophmores to be wILL be counted on in the fall, so It is essential for them to stay after it hard this summer. With trips to MUS and Olive Branch early in the year, this Trojan team will need to be ready early.

Go Trojans!!

The team has a lot more structure and demand out of them now. Workouts have started and some things have been changed up (for the better). Asst. coaches have actually been attending clinics and some football coaches with previous experience are in the processes of being hired. Things that should have been done a while back. If this would have been done a few years ago, a few more titles might have been awarded to Millington....who knows. But I definitely think things are on the right track. The kids are working hard.

• 1 month later...

RESPECT DA HAVEN!!!

It's about that time again. Whitehaven is loaded and will be doin some great things this year. Memphis HS football fans this is yall offical invitations to jump on the band wagon before it's 2 late. Mad props to White Station and Mitchell for great seasons last year. I look forward to seeing yall.

What is your thoughts about this years Millington team?

Wooddale defeated Sheffeild today in a 7on7, they've been having a nice Spring/Summer, look for them as a true contender. Rob_M can you tell me about a player on Millington? I believe he's a senior, kinda tall and lanky, plays DB around 6ftish, has a goatee I've seen him around at the NUC camp and Ole Miss camp and he was a nice young man and did pretty well.

Wooddale defeated Sheffeild today in a 7on7, they've been having a nice Spring/Summer, look for them as a true contender. Rob_M can you tell me about a player on Millington? I believe he's a senior, kinda tall and lanky, plays DB around 6ftish, has a goatee I've seen him around at the NUC camp and Ole Miss camp and he was a nice young man and did pretty well.

Roland Genesey attended the Ole Miss Camp. He is a 6'0" 200pd Junior RB. He rushed for over 600 yards as a sophmore and is a really good kid. He has performed well this summer and should be poised for a big junior season. Our entire team had a GREAT Summer and are excited about the upcoming season. Two of our seniors posted 2 of the top 5 40 times posted at the CBHS combibne this summer. (Bradford Wilmer 6'1" 190 pd SR DB/S and Travon Taylor 5'9" 200pd SR RB/LB.) In addition, we had more kids attend more camps than any other year in recent memory (Alabama, Ole Miss, Central Arkansas, Tennessee, Etc) and more participation in Off-Season workouts than ever. The foundation is has been set. Now, It's time to build on that foundation for this year.

Go Trojans

People will see a lot smarter coaching out of the Trojans this year. Some of the coaching staff has been "updated" would be the best way to put it. The Trojans are definitely a dark horse. We are not really sure what to expect. New staff, new stuff added to the playbook. A lot of it will depend on how quickly the kids adjust. The talent is there.

The young man you are talking about is Bradford Wilmer his Dad Ray played for the Seattle Seahawks and has been a coach in Millington for years. Bradford is not only a great player but a super student and fine young man.

Rob is correct in all he is saying. This year is all about focus we always have the talent.