Clark is the wrong person for a great job

smitty33

I have a degree in English. I can read very well, but the problem with many of your post is that they are usually very long and verbose and not very coherent with sentence fragments. Now with that being said you seem very knowledgable about the dealings of high school sports in Middle Tennessee. Keep the info coming just clear up the presentation of it

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IC, appreciate your criticism but if you have a problem reading it, turn it off. Nobody is forcing you to read it. This is a blog. A lot of information and I will admit to it being verbose. Blogs are not necessarily structurally sound. And that has little to do with the subject.

To Hoopmd,

While the Insell's did spend alot of time in Shelbyville lets not forget that it is Shelbyville who gave Rick his first coaching job. Please do not pretend that the city owes him anything. If anything it is the Insell's who should remember that Shelbyville and Mike Bone gave them the opportunity to coach.

Keep this in mind also. Rick had NO HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE WHEN HE WAS GIVEN THE SHELBYVILLE JOB.

If Tom wants to be a coach then keep interviewing and working hard and something will come up but do not bash the Shelbyville administration for not hiring him for the first job which he applied for.

That said, GO ALLISON CLARK. I am very excited that she has apparently been hired and am looking forward to seeing her on the sidelines and in the community.

If Clark could coach she would've got a job at TN.Tech. She had 5 yrs as asst coach at MTSU where they had tremendous success. When the Tech job came open instead of making the choice to go with someone that had played at Tech and won alot there they didnt even give her a sniff. That says volumes.

As far as kids liking to play from Tom. Kids fly in from all over the country to play for him. Kalina Lewis who is the first or second ranked player in the 2012 class in the entire country flys in from CALIFORNIA to play for Tom. Ariel Massingill who is the 2nd or 3rd ranked PG in the country comes in from Illinois to play for Tom. These two kids are representing our country on the u17 USA Basketball. So if a kid in shelbyville doesnt respect Tom then maybe that kid cant play.

You hit the point mom. You would have been amazed!!

I will say this about the posts I am reading. If these are the people who would have been supporting Tom Insell then I am glad that he did not get the job!!!

What happened to the days when candidates for positions would congratulate the recipient of the position instead of bashing that person and the persons who did the hiring?

It's a job and there are others available. If Tom is as qualified as you all seem to think then he should have no problem getting a head coaching job.

Congrats to Coach Clark.

Show some class people !!!

If Clark could coach she would've got a job at TN.Tech. She had 5 yrs as asst coach at MTSU where they had tremendous success. When the Tech job came open instead of making the choice to go with someone that had played at Tech and won alot there they didnt even give her a sniff. That says volumes.

As far as kids liking to play from Tom. Kids fly in from all over the country to play for him. Kalina Lewis who is the first or second ranked player in the 2012 class in the entire country flys in from CALIFORNIA to play for Tom. Ariel Massingill who is the 2nd or 3rd ranked PG in the country comes in from Illinois to play for Tom. These two kids are representing our country on the u17 USA Basketball. So if a kid in shelbyville doesnt respect Tom then maybe that kid cant play.

I think you are a bit misonformed. Perhaps RI had something to do with her not getting the job. Perhaps they don't like him, much like Belmont doesn't like him. Perhaps he was affraid of having the one coach on his staff the players liked and respected going somewhere else. Perhaps TI isn't qualified to teach, have you thought of all that. I doubt it. Perhaps the admin. at SCHS was not happy with the rumors TI was spreading around town abou tthe other candidates. Perhaps they didn't like the fact that he was telling the girls weeks ago he was going to be the coach. I think you need to know all the facts first.

Qualified to teach and a spot was one of the otop on my list, post too long. Security check that has to be done and takes a little over a week was considered on all applicants, post too long. paperwork, paper work and paperwork. You are astute and likely are with the school system. Tell us how long it will take to get thru the details whoever is selected.

All of this is interesting reading. I guess the one thing I can't figure is: Clark leaves a strong MTSU program where it looks like she is in a position to be the lead assistant. She would have the most tenure there I believe as assist. Why was she out looking without informing RI and why leave without a position already secured?

Clark comes home as new Eaglette coach

Shelbyville Central principal Don Embry didn't have to look far to find the Golden Eaglettes' new head coach. Former Central standout Allison Clark was hired after spending the past five years as an assistant coach for the Middle Tennessee women's basketball program...