DISTRICT 11-AA IN 2010

howdoitknow

Last year the district was very competitive. Creek Wood won the district title and 9-1, Camden Central also went 9-1 and they eventually advanced all the way to the quarterfinals of the state playoffs, Harpeth earned a trip to the playoffs and got to the second round, Stewart County won 6 games and made their third consecutive trip to the postseason, and Waverly Central won 4 contests and fell just 1 win shy of possibly making the state playoffs as a "wild card". All in all it was a very good year for the district.

How will 2010 shake out? Camden Central appears to be the preseason favorite. Will Creek Wood & Harpeth build off of the success they had last season? Will Stewart County continue to grow and improve as they have over the course of the last 3 years? Will Waverly Central build off of last season's late surge and be a suprise team to watch out for in the district this season? Will Cheatham County & Montgomery Central be ready to compete and win this year?

It should certainly be interesting :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY bigdaddy67, Hows it looking at cub country this year? I think 2 a days ended today and I was wondering if you still think all those youngsters are going to come out "kicking butt and taking names". I thought connor was going to be the QB but Im hearing brinkly is taking a bunch of snaps too, is he going to be the backup QB? Is the OL and DL set or are they still trying to figure them out? I know by the end of last year they had the right guys on the line,finally. And the BIG QUESTION, what about corners??? I know your pumped and ready to see whats going to happen this season, its gotta be better than last year.Talk to soon.

HEY bigdaddy67, Hows it looking at cub country this year? I think 2 a days ended today and I was wondering if you still think all those youngsters are going to come out "kicking butt and taking names". I thought connor was going to be the QB but Im hearing brinkly is taking a bunch of snaps too, is he going to be the backup QB? Is the OL and DL set or are they still trying to figure them out? I know by the end of last year they had the right guys on the line,finally. And the BIG QUESTION, what about corners??? I know your pumped and ready to see whats going to happen this season, its gotta be better than last year.Talk to soon.

i think conner will be qb with brinkley being backup. think they bout got dl set it should be good with lots of depth.corners idk it didnt look good but i think coach is really working on corners this year.ol should really be our strong point we have 3 seniors there,an kev an dev has worked together before!i think we will shock some people this yeae if school board dont run off the coaches!!

The school board needs to realize that the system that they are trying to install does not in any way, shape, or form help enhance the chances of success for athletics. No coach has 4th Period planning. Only 2 assistants are paid by the county (the others are paid via money raised by the Booster Club). There is also no weight training courses offered at this point in time which means that kids are going to have to either work out on their own time or stay after school everyday during the winter & spring in order to get bigger, faster, and stronger. Those 3 facts have really hurt coaches chances to succeed in recent years. As a fan I hope that the coaching staff stays because I think that for the next 3 years Cheatham Football can really be good. Right now though decisions are being made without real consideration to all parties involved and I truly find it amazing when many of the decisions are being made by an individual who does not even work for the Cheatham County School System at the present moment.

As far as TWO-A-DAYS are concerned there has yet to have been a single TWO-A-DAY practice take place. Workouts have taken place from 6:10-8:30 on M-T-W-R each of the last 2 weeks. TWO-A-DAY practices begin on Monday and will go from 3:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.

Right now Devin Conner is the starter at quarterback and Thatcher Brinkley is his backup. Thatcher however is the team's starting flanker right now. The offensive line consists of 3 seniors & 3 sophomores right now (if you include the starting tight end). The defensive line consists of 1 junior and 3 sophomores right now. Not 1 player is starting both ways in the trenches at this current point in time. That may change down the road but right now it is what the coaches say it is. They have a formula for success I am sure. There is only 1 player on the Cubs team right now that is absolutely a "lock" as being counted on to start both ways. His name is Shaun Montgomery.

Inter-Squad Scrimmages should be interesting during practice next week when it's virtually pitting the Cubs Starting Offense vs the Cubs Starting Defense (I am sure Shaun Montgomery will see action on both sides of the football during these periods).

Murphy Fair's 2010 High School Football Preview was released yesterday. The Preseason District 11-AA Standings as picked by the coaches from around the district go as follows:

1.) Camden Central

2.) Creek Wood

3.) Cheatham County

4.) Montgomery Central

5.) Harpeth (TIE)

5.) Stewart County (TIE)

5.) Waverly Central (TIE)

Hope every team has a safe 1st week of fall practice as well. I know that Creek Wood is scrimmaging Marshall County, Cheatham County is scrimmaging Hickman County, Harpeth is scrimmaging Nashville Christian, & Montgomery Central is scrimmaging Clarksville-Northast. Hope to hear from some posters on these scrimmages as well as those involving Stewart County, Waverly Central, & Camden Central.

The school board needs to realize that the system that they are trying to install does not in any way, shape, or form help enhance the chances of success for athletics. No coach has 4th Period planning. Only 2 assistants are paid by the county (the others are paid via money raised by the Booster Club). There is also no weight training courses offered at this point in time which means that kids are going to have to either work out on their own time or stay after school everyday during the winter & spring in order to get bigger, faster, and stronger. Those 3 facts have really hurt coaches chances to succeed in recent years. As a fan I hope that the coaching staff stays because I think that for the next 3 years Cheatham Football can really be good. Right now though decisions are being made without real consideration to all parties involved and I truly find it amazing when many of the decisions are being made by an individual who does not even work for the Cheatham County School System at the present moment.

As far as TWO-A-DAYS are concerned there has yet to have been a single TWO-A-DAY practice take place. Workouts have taken place from 6:10-8:30 on M-T-W-R each of the last 2 weeks. TWO-A-DAY practices begin on Monday and will go from 3:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.

Right now Devin Conner is the starter at quarterback and Thatcher Brinkley is his backup. Thatcher however is the team's starting flanker right now. The offensive line consists of 3 seniors & 3 sophomores right now (if you include the starting tight end). The defensive line consists of 1 junior and 3 sophomores right now. Not 1 player is starting both ways in the trenches at this current point in time. That may change down the road but right now it is what the coaches say it is. They have a formula for success I am sure. There is only 1 player on the Cubs team right now that is absolutely a "lock" as being counted on to start both ways. His name is Shaun Montgomery.

Inter-Squad Scrimmages should be interesting during practice next week when it's virtually pitting the Cubs Starting Offense vs the Cubs Starting Defense (I am sure Shaun Montgomery will see action on both sides of the football during these periods).

Murphy Fair's 2010 High School Football Preview was released yesterday. The Preseason District 11-AA Standings as picked by the coaches from around the district go as follows:

1.) Camden Central

2.) Creek Wood

3.) Cheatham County

4.) Montgomery Central

5.) Harpeth (TIE)

5.) Stewart County (TIE)

5.) Waverly Central (TIE)

i got a idea! why not instead of punishing the athletics in cheatham co,lets get all the students that need help an let them stay after school an be tudored! there is no diff!i was told by a school board member that weight lifting isnt leaving but that it has to be offered to all the kids.then i found out that it is offered to all students,football players in spring and others in fall!then i was told that no incoming freshman can lift weights during school til sophmore year,well if that freshman cant get there before an after school,then coach lets him play in jv game and he gets hurt by a kid who has been lifting an working with there coaches at school well isnt the board liable for that kid?

That sounds fair to me bigdaddy67. If the great minds on the Cheatham County School Board are under the impression that athletics is not an important thing in the county then I would like to invite them all to be in Pleasant View on the night of September 10th at 7:30 p.m. I believe the # of people in the stands will speak for itself.

i got a idea! why not instead of punishing the athletics in cheatham co,lets get all the students that need help an let them stay after school an be tudored! there is no diff!i was told by a school board member that weight lifting isnt leaving but that it has to be offered to all the kids.then i found out that it is offered to all students,football players in spring and others in fall!then i was told that no incoming freshman can lift weights during school til sophmore year,well if that freshman cant get there before an after school,then coach lets him play in jv game and he gets hurt by a kid who has been lifting an working with there coaches at school well isnt the board liable for that kid?

Hey Bigdaddy67, I believe its time to make a road trip to Hickman Co. this friday. I quess your ready for some football. I want be making the trip this year but wish the cubs the best. Let me know how they looked, it sounds like they may have it together this year, hope so. They have alot more talent to put on the field this year, but they are still young and with little experience in most cases. #12 is a talented and capable QB but if the defense gets to him like they did to #15 last year, he'll be on the "injured reserved" list most of the season. Cant wait till Smith Co rolls in to town, maybe we'll send them home crying in thier gatorade. Keep me posted during the preseason.

Hey Bigdaddy67, I believe its time to make a road trip to Hickman Co. this friday. I quess your ready for some football. I want be making the trip this year but wish the cubs the best. Let me know how they looked, it sounds like they may have it together this year, hope so. They have alot more talent to put on the field this year, but they are still young and with little experience in most cases. #12 is a talented and capable QB but if the defense gets to him like they did to #15 last year, he'll be on the "injured reserved" list most of the season. Cant wait till Smith Co rolls in to town, maybe we'll send them home crying in thier gatorade. Keep me posted during the preseason.