PRESEASON CLASS 3A TOP 10 POLL IN MURPHY FAIR'S MAGAZINE

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected on the score. I knew it was a 17 point differential, just got my numbers mixed up. Alcoa's OLine and DLine were very impressive to say the least, especially in that game. I was at the game and I think the pass I was recalling was where the Alcoa QB did scramble and for some reason I thought he eventually through the ball for an incompletion, but I stand corrected on that as well. The Alcoa/Maryville matchup should be at Maryville this year, right? If so, which week is that? I'm hoping to make a run back that way again. Also, where did Jaron Toney go and play college football?

As for West TN winning a 3A title this year, not happening. Milan is down so that speaks for West TN in 3A. Westview is supposed to have a good team this year, but not Alcoa good. I won't be surprised to see one of the Middle TN teams back in Cookeville.

I dont think anybody realizes how good Westview could be this year

agreed westview has rebuilt and should be someone to reckon with

Same thing all of us West Tennesseeans were saying to Alcoa fans the past couple of years. THIS Milan team was the one to beat Alcoa etc. I don't see this years Westview team even being on the same level as the Milan teams from the past 2 years. Westview could very well win the region, but if they ever get to play Alcoa, you'll then see what the Milan fans realized when they got to play Alcoa. Alcoa is a machine that rebuilds automatically. It's pretty amazing honestly.

Same thing all of us West Tennesseeans were saying to Alcoa fans the past couple of years. THIS Milan team was the one to beat Alcoa etc. I don't see this years Westview team even being on the same level as the Milan teams from the past 2 years. Westview could very well win the region, but if they ever get to play Alcoa, you'll then see what the Milan fans realized when they got to play Alcoa. Alcoa is a machine that rebuilds automatically. It's pretty amazing honestly.

Ha you dont think this years Westview team is as good as those Milan teams? Considering when supposively two years ago yall had yalls better team and almost got beat by a sophomore based Westview team without a quarterback? Sounds like an amazing team to me....The thing with those Milan teams was they thought they were the stuff and thought nobody could beat them and look what happened.....got spanked two years in a row...cockiness got the best of them

Ha you dont think this years Westview team is as good as those Milan teams? Considering when supposively two years ago yall had yalls better team and almost got beat by a sophomore based Westview team without a quarterback? Sounds like an amazing team to me....The thing with those Milan teams was they thought they were the stuff and thought nobody could beat them and look what happened.....got spanked two years in a row...cockiness got the best of them

You're telling me that Westview has 3 D1 players like Milan had? (Jobronski-UT-Martin, Christian-Kentucky, Avery-Kentucky) Milan also had a very good dual threat QB last year in Justin Coleman to go along with good WR's. Also, you say Milan thought they were the stuff and thought they couldn't get beat...well guess what? They ran through West TN teams with no problem last year and cruised all the way to Murfreesboro before losing to the F5 machine.

Don't say "ya'll" to me when talking about Milan football. I have nothing to do with them. They have a very good team year in and year out. This year will be a down year in Milan terms, but I promise they will still be in the quarterfinals or semifinals.

I think most Westview fans are unassuming and don't boast about things untested albeit this is a High School that provided players that anchored the University of Tennessee line for a continuous decade. Every year you witness a good coach get the most from the players he has available and most often than not the team is vying for the district. Westview came together after a bad start last year and this year’s team has a lot of that leadership and expectations are high but I would rather go unmentioned and finish strong. I don't think you will see a lot of WV fans bragging here but on Friday night the team will play hard nose football,leave nothing on the field and will acknowledge the win or loss without excuse or bravado.

hmm as i remember i never said anything about being better than the past milan teams? i was just saying that i think westview was going to be good this year and i will laugh when they run right though west tn and middle tn, and hopefully east tn

hmm as i remember i never said anything about being better than the past milan teams? i was just saying that i think westview was going to be good this year and i will laugh when they run right though west tn and middle tn, and hopefully east tn

Well, if you ain't better than these past few Milan teams, you don't have to worry about running through East TN because that is where Alcoa resides. It'd make my day to see Milan or Westview get to Cookeville and knock off Alcoa, but to be honest, I can't see it happening. I'm telling you, Alcoa is on a completely different level than anyone in our classification in this state. If you haven't gotten to see Alcoa play in person, you're definately missing out. They don't do nothing fancy, they just run the ball straight down your throat.