Rivalry between Harpeth Hall & Ryan

Guest Stallion

Guest Stallion

Is this rivalry going too far? I think it certainly has between MBA and Father Ryan in the past years.

Father Ryan played Harpeth Hall at Harpeth Hall on Tuesday night...apparently Ryan students/players threw a HH girl's clothes in a trash can and poured food all over them...and then simply stole a huge bear that a kid brought for HH's senior night...(and how did people not see them stealing it...i saw the bear, it is the size of about 2 people)And then started a bond fire on the track?

This is insane. What exactly happened here? And did players or students do this?? Either way, that simply goes too far. I think rivalries can be good because they up the competition level, but to break the law and vandalize...thats a little much

Posted by Stallion:

Is this rivalry going too far? I think it certainly has between MBA and Father Ryan in the past years.

Father Ryan played Harpeth Hall at Harpeth Hall on Tuesday night...apparently Ryan students/players threw a HH girl's clothes in a trash can and poured food all over them...and then simply stole a huge bear that a kid brought for HH's senior night...(and how did people not see them stealing it...i saw the bear, it is the size of about 2 people)And then started a bond fire on the track?

This is insane. What exactly happened here? And did players or students do this?? Either way, that simply goes too far. I think rivalries can be good because they up the competition level, but to break the law and vandalize...thats a little much

haha...you make it sound like what we did was a federal offense...quit trying to cover up the fact that you lost the game with all this mess, concentrate on the game next time more than whats going on elsewhere and maybe you'll have better results...

Guest Stallion

I am not covering anything up...Ryan won fair and square.

And you make it sound like I am on the HH team or something. I actually came to watch your team play FRHSkeep. So why would I cover up a win?

I simply think that healthy rivalries are good, but sometimes things people do are just mean.

Guest everbold

stallion, you were right to say that an intense rivalry does exist between harpeth hall and father ryan. you are not correct, though, to insinuate that this rivalry is not healthy. as with an rivalry, one cannot explain the high that students from both schools get before, during and after games, on game days, as well as the day before, the week before, and so forth. it is this healhy rivalry that keeps both teams' spirits high and tradition alive.

however, i must plead to you to stop spreading rumors. i was at the game, a student from neither scool, and i find it ufair that you would categorize an entire school by nothing but entirely false information. for instance, there was no bonfire--merely a hibachi grill with hotdogs in top. please, before you continue to spread rumors, clarify what you think you know. it is unjust to continue to spread what is only hear-say--moreover, that which is false.

Posted by everbold:

stallion, you were right to say that an intense rivalry does exist between harpeth hall and father ryan. you are not correct, though, to insinuate that this rivalry is not healthy. as with an rivalry, one cannot explain the high that students from both schools get before, during and after games, on game days, as well as the day before, the week before, and so forth. it is this healhy rivalry that keeps both teams' spirits high and tradition alive.

however, i must plead to you to stop spreading rumors. i was at the game, a student from neither scool, and i find it ufair that you would categorize an entire school by nothing but entirely false information. for instance, there was no bonfire--merely a hibachi grill with hotdogs in top. please, before you continue to spread rumors, clarify what you think you know. it is unjust to continue to spread what is only hear-say--moreover, that which is false.

i appreciate that everbold

Guest Stallion

I was not trying to spread any kind of rumor...if you read my post, you will see that I was not sure of what happened and wanted to know. I said, "what happened here?" and used question marks throughout the post. so please do not tell me what i should and should not do on this website.

Guest everbold

Stallion,

are you aware that one morning a teddy bear wearing a Harpeth Hall t-shirt and clutching a sign saying "good morning Ryan" was found floating in teh pond at Father Ryan H.S.? It seems like the little HH "angels" are just as bad...maybe not, but polluting a body of water is quite bad. of course, that goes to say that we all are assuming that the Honeybears were the ones who put the raft in the pond. If you are accusing Father Ryan of stooping low by builing a rivalry, according to ou, wouldn't HH be, according to you, of course, stooping even lower? Just a thought to ponder...

Guest Stallion

Was anything stolen from Father Ryan? Were anyone's clothes or possessions dirtied up or destroyed? Do I think that HH girls are angels? NO! If you read another post about Harpeth Hall and Ryan you would see that I wrote, in exact words...

"if you haven't noticed, yes, HH girls are not angels...and they don't always know how to stay out of trouble. In the past year, HH girls and the school itself has had its fair share of trouble."

And how exactly does a raft pollute a body of water? Did the raft leak toxic chemicals into the pond and kill all of the animal life? Rafts are usually filled with air, a component that makes up water...

I would see this prank as falling under that healthy rivalry stuff...nothing stolen, nothing vandalized...but who knows...maybe I'm wrong. I don't know the whole story so I am not one to judge...just like I did not judge when I began this message board? I wanted to know what happened...also, I said that if what I heard had really happened, that is when I would have thought the rivalry was not healthy.

i know that HH lost to BGA and are to play BA. If they win there going to memphis or chatt ??, if they lose they're out. i havent kept up with ryan.

about the rivalry deal - its been pretty traditional for each school to get "really excited" and as a result maybe some stuff is damaged or taunts are made but it happeneds to both of the schools. also rumors fly when each team plays, so if something is "damaged" usually the story may be a whole lot worse than what actually happened. i think it's healthy..so far no one's gotten hurt. :rolleyes: