Single A in Chattanooga

sbaalum

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word on the Grace/Tyner scrimmage is that the varsity teams played even and Tyner JV killed Grace JV. The version I heard was Grace varsity held their own with Tyner. Tyner fans what did you think?

...New coach, new formations/assignments, etc....they will work it out!

The version I heard was that sequoyah handled Grace but Grace handled Greenback and Greenback only scored once. I also heard scoring was irrelevant because each team kept the ball for 20 minutes straight.

grace looked to be having alot a problems the o line looked questionable .Sequoyah dominated grace up front they will need alot of improvements to compete with the other schools in the district

grace looked to be having alot a problems the o line looked questionable .Sequoyah dominated grace up front they will need alot of improvements to compete with the other schools in the district

That's funny because the person I talked to who saw the Grace/Tyner scrimmage said their offensive line played extremely well amd contolled Tyner up front pretty well. Maybe they made some adjustments.

The word on the Grace/Tyner scrimmage is that the varsity teams played even and Tyner JV killed Grace JV. The version I heard was Grace varsity held their own with Tyner. Tyner fans what did you think?

...That's why unless you are there never believe what you hear...this was not a 'normal' scrimmage' and Grace never scored not even when the ball was placed 15yards from the goal line...please read the summary below and if it would have been a regular scrimmage "Rams" would have beat them with numbers:

...Tyner played Grace in an "all inclusive scrimmage" on Friday, which in my opinion was good due to the big difference in numbers between the schools...Grace had about 25-30 players and Tyner 50-60...the series started with the 1st teamers only running 6 plays..."Rams" moved the ball 40yards, Grace about 20yards...JV was up next and #16(Tyner) ran for a 45yard TD...a holding penalty nullified a nifty 25yard run...both punt-teams were allowed three(3) plays...also PAT teams were given three(3)...the Varsity and JV alternated with Tyner scoring 2-TD's while holding Grace to none...on the goal-line Offense each team was given five(5) plays to score..."Rams" scored 3 of 5 while keeping Grace out-of-the-endzone!!!

...Interesting evening and the 'cloud-cover'(after the showers) had the temp in the low 80's...next Friday it's Kingston(Roane County)and on Saturday, Bradley Central!!

...I am sure some folk would like to hear that the game was even but if you can read you see it was played so that Grace would not sustain injury!!!