Jefferson County

helment

I would guess it is to take advantage of the speed at receiver. Hopkins and Goins run around 4.4 40's, Smiley is in the 4.5 range. DK and Kounts make you respect the run. We have depth at TE as well. The 4 deep at TE can block, catch and run. The key on Offense will be the O-line. Can we sustain pass protections and keep Bible healthy? I pray so. Jeff has a lot of experienced players, so no "youthful" reasons for not getting it done on the field.

Peace

Nice to start talkin with some old rivals again. Gonna be a very tough Game for jc against Greeneville. How ya think they will do against the 4a State Runnerups...???

gradd88 is dead on. we made changes to take advantage of speed. The key this year will be the performance of the Lines on both sides of the ball. If We can pass block we will challenge defenses with speed by 4-5 players. The challenge is that JC has been a running team for 30 years. They will again run the ball but it will look much different. They will have options if defenses put 8-9 in the box as teams have in the past. Only if they can block it. The key I see is how well will the players adjust to playing both ways for much of the game. More players pulling double duty than anytime in the past that I can remember. As to the Greeneville game. I think this will be one of JC's toughest games. If they can win this game and get happy, look out!!! I do feel that it will be close. Glad its at Jc this year.

gradd88 is dead on. we made changes to take advantage of speed. The key this year will be the performance of the Lines on both sides of the ball. If We can pass block we will challenge defenses with speed by 4-5 players. The challenge is that JC has been a running team for 30 years. They will again run the ball but it will look much different. They will have options if defenses put 8-9 in the box as teams have in the past. Only if they can block it. The key I see is how well will the players adjust to playing both ways for much of the game. More players pulling double duty than anytime in the past that I can remember. As to the Greeneville game. I think this will be one of JC's toughest games. If they can win this game and get happy, look out!!! I do feel that it will be close. Glad its at Jc this year.

I agree we will need to use the depth/experience we have at several positions not to have the issue of so many people playing both ways. But, this was the first time JCHS had padded up against another team since October of 2009. I think the coaches were just feeling out the players at a "near game" speed. JCHS will need to rotate players in on the D-line as we did at the end of last year to keep us "fresh" in the late 3rd and 4th Quarters. It just makes since when you have only 3 down defensive linemen dealing with 5 offensive linemen in the 3-5-3 set. Those young men take a pounding, but they are quick.

Against Greeneville, we will need every break we can get and we must execute blocking and not turn over the ball. It should be close, but going against the Number 1 4A team will be BIG Test.

Peace

I agree we will need to use the depth/experience we have at several positions not to have the issue of so many people playing both ways. But, this was the first time JCHS had padded up against another team since October of 2009. I think the coaches were just feeling out the players at a "near game" speed. JCHS will need to rotate players in on the D-line as we did at the end of last year to keep us "fresh" in the late 3rd and 4th Quarters. It just makes since when you have only 3 down defensive linemen dealing with 5 offensive linemen in the 3-5-3 set. Those young men take a pounding, but they are quick.

Against Greeneville, we will need every break we can get and we must execute blocking and not turn over the ball. It should be close, but going against the Number 1 4A team will be BIG Test.

Peace

How did the scrimmage vs Heritage go?

1st and 2nd and 3rd team D did well. Speed truly killz.... ;)

Coaches seem to be evaluating the talent by giving the younger players a ton of snaps. I think that is GREAT as the only way to evaluate that many players is to get good film on them vs other teams at "near game speed".

O still has work to do.

That should be expected with the new sets and going to the spread option. DK looked solid and cut up the field. I think they need to throw to the TE some, the inside slant is open as LB's are stunting to press the QB and gum up the inside run. Good productivity by the receivers and Bible took some shots and kept on humming. Keep it up young man. You are doing great.

O line needs to stay fired up and lay the wood to someone.

Overall, they need to keep working hard and stay positive. Good things happen to teams that have a fire in their belly and THIS TEAM SHOULD HAVE A FIRE IN THEIR BELLY!!!!

Keep rocking and I am shinning up my cowbells for the 20th vs Greeneville.

MORE COWBELL BABY!!!!!

Peace

We matched up against Heritage pretty well. The defense scored two touchdowns and played extremely well. However, from watching the offense, they had some issues with stalling on the 20 or 30 yard line. That's a fixable problem. DK had a few great runs and shows promise as an immediate impact player at tailback. We had a little trouble passing the ball, but not due to the quarterback situation. After Bible took over for Goins at the QB position, he has shown promise and poise in the pocket. He's not as athletic or mobile as Goins, but I think that moving Goins to all-purpose back was a smart move because he's a mismatch nightmare for the defense, and Bible will get the experience he needs to become a solid two-year starter. Bell, our starting tight end, did not play last Friday, so that's one explanation for not utilizing our tight end. Our biggest problem, in my opinion, was a large amount of both false start and offsides penalties, which can break a great team. However, this is easily remedied and I know that the team is working on making sure that these type of penalties won't affect the Pats. Younger players ae getting some snaps, and I see alot of promise in some of them. If the defense can keep its resilience, and the offense can click play after play without stalling, the Devils may have something to be concerned about coming into Patriot Stadium.

Jeff County running the spread, now I've heard and seen it all. I hope people are patient because transitioning to the spread can be a VERY ugly process. It is very rare that teams switch to the spread and immediately have great success. It could be 2-3 years before things are running on all cylinders.

A MUCH needed change though.

great postings. Good changes but seeing growing pains. It does take a good deal of time to make these changes. Ask MI. defense looks strong. Offense needs work but I dont think this is a surprise. We will be ok if our blocking improves as it will. coaches are rotating about 7 receivers to find the ones that will catch the ball. A coulpe of timely catches could have made a big difference last week. I think we can work a little harder to get Goins the ball in space but its nice to have so many options. Its important to note that Kounts did not play last Friday!!! Hes worth a few points himself. He is especially important in short yardage situations that gave them some problems last week. With Bells and Kounts back, we will look much different than what we saw Friday. If we can get a break early, this team could be real good by game 3 or 4. That said, they will be dangerous in week 1. Go pats Go pats. This team has worked so hard. They deserve to succeed. Its about time that the goodguys get a break. We need 10000 fans at game 1, talk it up. This team could be special with a little confidence.

great postings. Good changes but seeing growing pains. It does take a good deal of time to make these changes. Ask MI. defense looks strong. Offense needs work but I dont think this is a surprise. We will be ok if our blocking improves as it will. coaches are rotating about 7 receivers to find the ones that will catch the ball. A coulpe of timely catches could have made a big difference last week. I think we can work a little harder to get Goins the ball in space but its nice to have so many options. Its important to note that Kounts did not play last Friday!!! Hes worth a few points himself. He is especially important in short yardage situations that gave them some problems last week. With Bells and Kounts back, we will look much different than what we saw Friday. If we can get a break early, this team could be real good by game 3 or 4. That said, they will be dangerous in week 1. Go pats Go pats. This team has worked so hard. They deserve to succeed. Its about time that the goodguys get a break. We need 10000 fans at game 1, talk it up. This team could be special with a little confidence.

Jeff Co. is going to have a tough year the coaches have no clue how to coach high school football.To much talent on one team and they have no idea how to use the boys to win a game mostly on offense. I hope they prove me wrong but i doubt it.

wow thats harsh.....prolly should just fire them now and save 40 or 50 pages of posts on this thread.