1. 1. Who Will win the District?

• Columbia
    • Tullahoma
    • Lawrence Co
    • Franklin Co
    • Shelbyville
    • Lincoln Co
  2. 2. Who will make the playoffs?

So you think Lincoln Co gonna be real good despite what people say?

'If' this is the rumored last season for Coach Thompson it is safe to bet he is NOT going out the loser some are predicting.

Yes, Lincoln County has a tough schedule this year, but they have had it before and WON!

Folks are forgetting Coach Thompson handed Riverdale its first home loss at the height of their power years. Yes we got even in the playoffs, but we were wounded enough that we had to settle for the silver ball that year.

I will run out on a limb and say LC could very easily be 8-2 or 9-1 at the end of the regular season.

Y'all say what you will, but don't bet any money on it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides Goff who does Columbia have coming back from that team that had that season a year ago. Tullahoma has 8 starters on offence and 6 on defence coming back with some Soph's that will get alot of playing time. Lincoln doesnt suck just who woul dmake that schedule. But for Tullahoma to be good they have to walk the walk since the team is talking the talk. District will be decided on a thursday under the lights in Tullahoma. But it all rests on Their QB..cause the teams of old who won at Tullahoma had great QB play...ex Matt Hegan,Cass Barnes, Steve Mathews. Traville Wilkerson.

Besides Goff who does Columbia have coming back from that team that had that season a year ago. Tullahoma has 8 starters on offence and 6 on defence coming back with some Soph's that will get alot of playing time. Lincoln doesnt suck just who woul dmake that schedule. But for Tullahoma to be good they have to walk the walk since the team is talking the talk. District will be decided on a thursday under the lights in Tullahoma. But it all rests on Their QB..cause the teams of old who won at Tullahoma had great QB play...ex Matt Hegan,Cass Barnes, Steve Mathews. Traville Wilkerson.

Totally agree with you on this

Dont hate but have a hunch the region will turn out like this:

1. Lincoln Co 7-3 (5-0)Will take region but can't play with the BORO

2. Tullahoma 7-3 (4-1) Takes a close win over Columbia and Lawrence Co to take 2nd

3. Columbia 6-4 (3-2) Teams will find holes in their game and expose it

4. Lawrence Co 5-5 (2-3) Can't remake the season from last year

5. Franklin Co 3-7 (1-4) Somehow find a way to beat Coffee, Shelbyville and White to finish with 3 wins

6. Shelbyville 1-9 (0-5) Have heard nothing about them so until we hear something they will be at the bottom

You must be a Lawrence Co Fan! Sorry but Tullahoma much improved from last year.

I am a District8AAA fan!! Tullahoma better hope they are much improved from last year

or they may be 4th in the district. I know the district teams and have seen most of

the teams scrimmage this year. Columbia will be strong again(fact). Lawrence County

is probably just as talented this year as last, it will be the defense that will be

the strong point not the offense. Lincoln Co. is big and strong. They will lay on a

team. Tullahoma has looked good an bad this year. No different from last year on my

account. They play great one game and very bad the next. Needs seniors to step up and

lead! Shelbyville may surprise some teams. That is one team I have not seen but have

read about team and realize they have some key players coming back. Franklin Co. not

as good this year without Martin. From the Fan Feast the other nite I really don't see

how anyone there could honestly think the district could be so weak the Tullahoma could

win the district. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. They did look good as Giles Co. though.

That is the reason I said they look like last years team. TTown needs to work hard and

set their sights on the Blaze and not the district just yet. It could get ugly if #4

for the Blaze gets rolling. And no I am not a Blaze fan.

I am a District8AAA fan!! Tullahoma better hope they are much improved from last year

or they may be 4th in the district. I know the district teams and have seen most of

the teams scrimmage this year. Columbia will be strong again(fact). Lawrence County

is probably just as talented this year as last, it will be the defense that will be

the strong point not the offense. Lincoln Co. is big and strong. They will lay on a

team. Tullahoma has looked good an bad this year. No different from last year on my

account. They play great one game and very bad the next. Needs seniors to step up and

lead! Shelbyville may surprise some teams. That is one team I have not seen but have

read about team and realize they have some key players coming back. Franklin Co. not

as good this year without Martin. From the Fan Feast the other nite I really don't see

how anyone there could honestly think the district could be so weak the Tullahoma could

win the district. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. They did look good as Giles Co. though.

That is the reason I said they look like last years team. TTown needs to work hard and

set their sights on the Blaze and not the district just yet. It could get ugly if #4

for the Blaze gets rolling. And no I am not a Blaze fan.

I may not be a district fan as my team is not part of this district but I have read on on here that many people have predicted Tullahoma second or Lincoln Co second so I believe you need to give an accountable reason why Lawrence Co should challenge Columbia for the district.

I may not be a district fan as my team is not part of this district but I have read on on here that many people have predicted Tullahoma second or Lincoln Co second so I believe you need to give an accountable reason why Lawrence Co should challenge Columbia for the district.

This is nothing more than my opinion just as those opnions about Lincoln and Tullahoma being good. I need to make myself clear when I say I am just a District fan. I watch all the teams and I only gave a prediction. If I must give a reason I will just for you 99. When I saw Lincoln County this year they are big but not very fast. They just don't seem like they have the skill players to be as good as some say. The Fan Feast against Riverdale tells the whole story for Tullahoma. Lots of hype but still not a contender. Now I will say that the sophmore class at TTown will be something to see but that class will really not help them until next year. Just to hard for a great group of sophmores to help a team win this district. Columbia on the other hand has size, speed, skill players and of course Goff! People seem to forget that Lawrence Co.had tons of juniors last year starting and playing a large role in their great run. The defense is as talented as I have seen in some time and they run to the ball like crazy. The offense is where they took the largest blow from graduation but they also have a solid bunch of seniors back and the skill players are very, very fast. If I am not mistaken this L'burg senior class went undefeated during their freshman year. I am not positive about that but someone may correct me if I am wrong. Oh yeah, forgot to add that Columbia didn't play them that year. Now we seem to be forgetting Shelbyville for some reason. They seem to be cruising along under the radar and they will have size and skill. The Stewart kid and the Wilson kid could be great this year. Time will soon tell if I am anywhere close to being right. Again this is just an opinion. Go District8AAA!!

Edited by District8AAA

This is nothing more than my opinion just as those opnions about Lincoln and Tullahoma being good. I need to make myself clear when I say I am just a District fan. I watch all the teams and I only gave a prediction. If I must give a reason I will just for you 99. When I saw Lincoln County this year they are big but not very fast. They just don't seem like they have the skill players to be as good as some say. The Fan Feast against Riverdale tells the whole story for Tullahoma. Lots of hype but still not a contender. Now I will say that the sophmore class at TTown will be something to see but that class will really not help them until next year. Just to hard for a great group of sophmores to help a team win this district. Columbia on the other hand has size, speed, skill players and of course Goff! People seem to forget that Lawrence Co.had tons of juniors last year starting and playing a large role in their great run. The defense is as talented as I have seen in some time and they run to the ball like crazy. The offense is where they took the largest blow from graduation but they also have a solid bunch of seniors back and the skill players are very, very fast. If I am not mistaken this L'burg senior class went undefeated during their freshman year. I am not positive about that but someone may correct me if I am wrong. Oh yeah, forgot to add that Columbia didn't play them that year. Now we seem to be forgetting Shelbyville for some reason. They seem to be cruising along under the radar and they will have size and skill. The Stewart kid and the Wilson kid could be great this year. Time will soon tell if I am anywhere close to being right. Again this is just an opinion. Go District8AAA!!

Just wanted to say that you are correct about the Lawrence County Senior Class. They went undefeated and allowed six points all season as freshmen.

Thanks for the info, some people don't know everything obvisously, what should we look for in Lawrence Co this year, who's the skill players?

Everyone around knows that teams will see the Wing T when they play L'burg. This has been the way

they have rolled for the last 7-8 years. It appears that this years O'line will actually be more

set up for the Wing T than last years. That by no means is saying this line is more talented than

last years. The O'line from last year was very versatile and could run anything from the Wing T to

the Power I. This years line seems to be a little smaller and a little faster. More of what you want

with the WingT. The skill players are fast!! I saw two scrimmages and I would have to say that L'burg

has a Garland kid that is probably the most skilled player in the district. Could be the MVP if he stays

healthy. They also have a kid by the name of Irazary(spelling?) that is rumored to have 4.3 speed. If this

is true I am not positive but he is fast on the field. There were other backs that played and looked good

but those two were the ones that caught my eye. The offense is good but the defense will absolutely make

this team have as good of a record as last year. It seems like a touchdown or two by the offense and game over!

i have seen lawrence county play this year. they are still very talented. the only diffrence is, is that this year the defense will carry the team, not the offense. dont get me wrong, LC can still be dangerous out of the wing T and has very good speed at the skill positions and an all state ball carrier in garland, irizarry will also surprise alot of people this year but the defense is where they will win ball games. this senior class has played togethor for over 5 years and has won at all levels, as evident in last year's success( 10 returning starters in this years senior class). the defense is very fast and probably the most physical defense i have seen in a long long time. also, LC got an exchange student from Germany who is rumored to be kicking 60 yard field goals. i would say field position, a very talented defense, and good overall team speed will carry lawrenceburg to the top of the district this year. tullahoma seems to be extremely improved from what i have heard, and columbia will be strong once again. my prediction is that the winner of the columbia/lawrence co game next friday will go on to take the district with the loser finishing second and tullahoma coming in third