MEIGS COUNTY OUTLOOK

dc2002

boy from alcoa turned the ball over two times inside the five,had 90 yrds passing and one td,ran for maybe two,sophmore running back seymore(remember that name)had 100 plus yrds,the team was very balanced the kid from alcoa is still adjusting to Greenback football(but we are glad to have him).your alls running back did have about 170 yrds though.

I believe the qb threw 2 tds and ran for 2, Greenback had 35 points, he accounted for 28. I don't know how many yards he threw for, but the two tds alone made up 90. A lot of drives were stopped but that kid, broke away from 2 and 3 of meigs players and turned a broken play into a big play. He was BY FAR the difference.

As far as Meigs qb, Ive seen him play better, this was not his best game, and we definitely cant blame it on the receivers, when the ball was overthrown several times way over the receivers head. I think he was just excited, probably with it being his first game at qb since being a freshman. He almost connected on one deep ball but was probably 3 yards too far. That was the prettiest ball of the night though, and then a receiver almost made a nice 1 handed catch on another one. Other than that, he was just off. He will recover, I have faith. The jitters should be gone!

Overall, meigs just came out flat like they expected to win just by showing up, and when they were ready to play, it was too late. Two momentum breakers broke the comeback. The player that took the ball away from the qb while he was fighting for extra yards on a drive that would have cut into the lead, and the lightning delay after meigs scored and then defense went three and out and meigs started driving in the second half before the delay.

Good luck to meigs down the road though, there is still time to regroup, and I think the qb will too.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meigs came out flat. Got hit in the mouth and were down by 20 by the time the smoke cleared. Take away the first quarter Meigs lost 15-12. Not awful. Green backs Multiple formation I looked much better than Meigs spread. We're a running football team! Line played as good as they have in a couple of years. No offense to Alwaysright but our QB is not our strong point. He'll get better just he's just green. These are good kids they will win some games. Oh and parting thought I didn't really enjoy the rachet jawing the QB did at the reciever that ran the wrong route :( That looks bad on the whole team. You win with class as a team, you lose with class as a team. Go Tigers! Lets right this ship. :thumb:

Meigs came out flat. Got hit in the mouth and were down by 20 by the time the smoke cleared. Take away the first quarter Meigs lost 15-12. Not awful. Green backs Multiple formation I looked much better than Meigs spread. We're a running football team! Line played as good as they have in a couple of years. No offense to Alwaysright but our QB is not our strong point. He'll get better just he's just green. These are good kids they will win some games. Oh and parting thought I didn't really enjoy the rachet jawing the QB did at the reciever that ran the wrong route :( That looks bad on the whole team. You win with class as a team, you lose with class as a team. Go Tigers! Lets right this ship. :thumb:

This is by far the most intelligent assessment from the Meigs side yet good luck to the Tigers from her on out!

I couldn't agree more, our running game is our best weapon. Hopefully they all learned some valuable lessons.

Edited by allwaysright

• 2 weeks later...