Giles County Vs. Cookeville

gcbobcat

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Giles county has looked very inconsistent untill the jamboree.

A lot of that consistency came due to several of Lincoln County's players being suspended. Their top running back and the whole defensive line. We will most definitely have our hands full against Cookeville. From what I have seen they have struggled as well in their scrimmage games.

thats true, im glad to hear that cookeville is struggling as well. but the inconsistency i was refferring to was ball control ( on varstiy) and execution which seemed to be much better in the jamboree. the "little things" were better, including penalties, they werent as bad as i expected

Boy not a lot of talk going on from defending champs, good lets stay below the radar. I dont do predictions just things to look for. Last year our offense was our best defense, it is easier to play hard on D when the offense has the ball for more than half the quarter. Have yet to see the CATS play this year so I have to go by the last 4 years of OC football. Offense wears you down and the defense takes over in the third and fourth quarter. Hope the "SHIRTLESS WONDERS" have got enough paint and are ready to go. GO CATS!!!!

It is quiet 5X. Thats a good thing. I believe by the 3rd game they will gel. This team has the opportunity to become one of the most balanced teams in memory. Looks to be a good blue collar bunch. OC will have them clicking on all cylinders in time. In the mean time we get to rattle on without thread locks!!!! :roflol:

Edited by WiseOldManGiles

It is quiet 5X. Thats a good thing. I believe by the 3rd game they will gel. This team has the opportunity to become one of the most balanced teams in memory. Looks to be a good blue collar bunch. OC will have them clicking on all cylinders in time. In the mean time we get to rattle on without thread locks!!!! :roflol:

Gell by the 3rd game WOMG <_< Looks like you have been seeing the same scrimmages I have. If the cats can't control the turnovers which have been HUGE in their practice games, The boys are going to be running till midnight on monday. If we can keep a balanced offense strategy our running game can prove to be very good, several backs have shown some nice talent and both Qbs have good running ability. The long ball has also looked nice at times. Our ability to pass in the 10 to 35 yard range without turnovers may very well indicate and be indicitive of our success for the whole season.

From what I have seen we are going to have to stay close on the scoreboard, for us to get down by a couple of scores might prove to be a large hurdle for our offense. On the flip side our defense has been very resilient. For the most part we have looked good against the run from most positions. I think we can pressure the qb, but we are going to at the top of our game in the passing defense.

Oh well...I am looking forward to friday night, and if Cookeville is facing some growing pains as I understand they are, I am looking for a great game in a great stadium and a great bunch of Bobcats to take the field.

So Giles county has looked very inconsistent untill the jamboree. They have a lot of talent but many are inexperienced. they looked good against Lincoln county in all parts of the game. how is cookeville looking and what are the expectations for next weeks game?

Your defense had better be ready to stop an outstanding runningback!!