Giles County Vs. Cookeville

gcbobcat

This game can be heard on 1420AM Classic KSR in Pulaski. If unable to get a clear signal, best bet is to go to WKSR.com, click 'Listen Now', and then click the link to 1420AM.

Pregame show begins at 6:45. Kickoff at 7. Wade Neely and Steve Pierce will have the call.

have fun..you guys should get Speedy to help out

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is all the chatter? Sounds like both teams have questions about how they will play. What I do know is that there will be free parking for you Cookeville fans so dont let that stop you from making the trip to one of the top 5 stadiums in the state for high school football. Dont forget to enjoy the Hickory House BBQ that will be on sale at the game. "SHIRTLESS WONDERS" do yo thang! GO CATS!!!

Great game for the CATS. Always good to win the first one at home. CHS does have 2 good backs 21 and 2 can be hard to tackle at times. CATS may not be as flashy as in the past but they do show a spark that in time will be hard to handle. Hey LMSS we need more cowbell for next week. GO CATS!!!

Congrats from Greeneville! See ya in the playoffs!!!

There was nothing pretty about it, but we will definitely take it. Kudos to a resilient defense that covered for a nervous offense. Eventually the offense came around and showed some nice promise.

But somebody please tell me, What game was the ref in the white hat watching. Some ludicrous calls there. Even making up calls when no flag was thrown. OC probably needs to invite them to Legends for the post game dinner before the game. :hungry:

Edited by likearock

There was nothing pretty about it, but we will definitely take it. Kudos to a resilient defense that covered for a nervous offense. Eventually the offense came around and showed some nice promise.

But somebody please tell me, What game was the ref in the white hat watching. Some ludicrous calls there. Even making up calls when no flag was thrown. OC probably needs to invite them to Legends for the post game dinner before the game. :hungry:

I think we were both wrong about Cobb. He showed some promise last night. Shaky at times but that is expected from a sophmore QB. Who knows, he could turn out to be one of the top QB's in school history if he improves over the next few years like he improved from the Tullahoma scrimmage to week 1.

Overall Defense looked pretty good, other than the secondary at times, but what's new. O-line needs to tighten up and we could have a very good year.

its a different team this year. i dont think anyone should be talking state championship but a win over cookeville is a nice accomplishment. i thought al cobb looked good at qb considering the circumstances. to account for 3 tds in your 1st start is impressive. he scrambled better than i knew he could. of course he cant keep throwing the ball to the other team. i also thought myles looks like a player. they need to keep giving him the ball. defensively they look similar to last year. they play good at times and not at others.

i thought cookeville showed a lot of heart in the second half. i dont know if i have ever seen a field goal returned for a td... heads up play. #21 was a good back. he probably should have had more carries.