42 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Mt Pleasant
    • Lewis Co.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 Close games in the past 2 years.........both home teams won.......this year Lewis is home...so if pattern holds ......Lewis should win this one close. 2 years ago Lewis won in end.....last year MTP won in the end.

Weather isn't suppose to be as hot.....so shouldn't effect the game. Lewis got a lot of experience...now is the time for it to pay off.

Tigers!.......Of course. :thumb: ... But maybe not by much. I'm leaning pretty hard here on WH's opinion. I haven't seen anything of LC since last year......

:?: Hey, any one have any advice on how to add your Signature on your profile here? I want to add one of those nice mTp helmets on the bottom of my post in my Signature spot, but for the life of me, I can't find how to change or add a Signature anywhere in my Profile options... :blush: ...???

Many times I think the team that shows the most heart and desire wins every ball game. Sometimes this isn't the case. Athletes make this game great, but, I want the kids who will fight to the very end no matter what the score might be, players like this give a team it's soul. A couple years ago, I would have commented on how much desire Lewis County has in every single ball game. The Panthers would hit you on every play with all they had.... Now, I am not sure.....

With the departure of All Region fullback Justin Sparkman, the Panthers took a step back and had to realign and rebuild from where they left off in the spring. I think some pieces of this mold will fall into place. Newcomers in Bell and Cotham will surprise some defenses. I think that Mt. Pleasant is a better team than last year. I have seen them many times in the spring and fall and can honestly say they have the talent to be in every ball game they play this season. Leadership is a big question, with many younger players in bigger roles, they Tigers might be in a position where their leaders step up and make the play, but will they? Not talent, but leadership is their key to success. Also, the Panthers have these same questions, it isn't their speed or strength that is lacking, but the nuts and bolts fall off the hinges when they get in tight situations, at least that was the very case a year ago. No one really blew the game away in the previous year, they couldn't catch a break or cause many turnovers.

I cannot make a clear prediction of this game, but it is a rivalry. One that has been revamped in the past 4 years. I look for a close game, I think the defense that holds the opponent on the key downs, (LEADERSHIP), will prevail. For the Panthers, I believe if they can create 3 turnovers in the game, they will win in a close game. If Mt. Pleasant can manage the offense at a steady pace for 4 quarters instead of one half..... It could be a 2 touchdown win for the Tigers.

All in all, what do I know? I am just the guy who voices his opinion.... Some people might think that Tradition will overcome the Tigers. But how much Pride do these Panthers have? I am calling out the Senior class of Lewis County! Prove me wrong

Have to disagree with you on players attitude and hitting..etc. Last year the team laid it out there the entire game, every game. The level of competition last year to previous is black and white. The team last year would have looked every bit as past teams...if they were playing the same teams ie: Loretto, richland, waverly etc. I agree with you on the turnover though. Going to be a big differance maker. I think Lewis has the horses this year, its just a matter of it coming together and playing as a team. Last years LCHS team lost it at the end......face mask, and pass interference at the end of the game came back and got them. But the year before LCHS got a gift when they fumbled at the end of the game and the ball bounced the right way or that game would have ended with a lost. I still believe Lewis can go 7-3/8-2 if they don't have any major injuries, they just aren't deep enough. Going to say LCHS wins this one by the score last years game, only in reverse with Lewis coming out on top.

Have to disagree with you on players attitude and hitting..etc. Last year the team laid it out there the entire game, every game. The level of competition last year to previous is black and white. The team last year would have looked every bit as past teams...if they were playing the same teams ie: Loretto, richland, waverly etc. I agree with you on the turnover though. Going to be a big differance maker. I think Lewis has the horses this year, its just a matter of it coming together and playing as a team. Last years LCHS team lost it at the end......face mask, and pass interference at the end of the game came back and got them. But the year before LCHS got a gift when they fumbled at the end of the game and the ball bounced the right way or that game would have ended with a lost. I still believe Lewis can go 7-3/8-2 if they don't have any major injuries, they just aren't deep enough. Going to say LCHS wins this one by the score last years game, only in reverse with Lewis coming out on top.

I really hope you are right, also, I agree with the competition differences. The amount of passing teams played also had an impact on the speed and technique of the game. I still think they have to find a way to pull it all together, I know coaches will put forth the effort and work, but leadership is what brings the pieces together.

You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.... Unless you are Chuck Norris.

I really hope you are right, also, I agree with the competition differences. The amount of passing teams played also had an impact on the speed and technique of the game. I still think they have to find a way to pull it all together, I know coaches will put forth the effort and work, but leadership is what brings the pieces together.

You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.... Unless you are Chuck Norris.

I think MTP has better team and more talent but I think Lewis Co. will keep it close and pull it out in a close game. When it gets to 4th quarter Lewis co will stick to what they do and heart this game out by less than 6 points. Coach Sharp is still good coach dont get down on his team!

Edited by radio33

I think MTP has better team and more talent but I think Lewis Co. will keep it close and pull it out in a close game. When it gets to 4th quarter Lewis co will stick to what they do and heart this game out by less than 6 points. Coach Sharp is still good coach dont get down on his team!

No one ever said anything about the Legend losing his coaching skills, He has forgotten more than most will ever know. It's hard not to doubt something that has yet to be proven.... This year's team, hasn't proven a thing. I believe that he will have them prepared for every situation. The Defense will have seen every offensive play that will come their way. They will have a genius plan to pound the Tigers Defense. And a defensive scheme that will play to his strengths and their weaknesses. But as I said before they will have to have LEADERS, kids who make plays in tough situations. If I am wrong, which I really hope I am, then I will sit down and have a nice meal of Crow. Since I know you will be telling me that I was wrong that night of the game, I will have to eat it in front of you.

Also, I am not saying that they can't win, they very well can... Just got to buy in to the system.

Edited by LCHSgrinch

No one ever said anything about the Legend losing his coaching skills, He has forgotten more than most will ever know. It's hard not to doubt something that has yet to be proven.... This year's team, hasn't proven a thing. I believe that he will have them prepared for every situation. The Defense will have seen every offensive play that will come their way. They will have a genius plan to pound the Tigers Defense. And a defensive scheme that will play to his strengths and their weaknesses. But as I said before they will have to have LEADERS, kids who make plays in tough situations. If I am wrong, which I really hope I am, then I will sit down and have a nice meal of Crow. Since I know you will be telling me that I was wrong that night of the game, I will have to eat it in front of you.

Also, I am not saying that they can't win, they very well can... Just got to buy in to the system.

Way to many athletes! Mt. Pleasant by 14