Centennial...For Real?

stringmusic

Posted by mtdew:

I heard the better passing quarterback is sitting the bench, what is the story on this?

It does look like Centennial is not doing very well on their passing. I think Father Ryan intercepted a couple of passes last week. Their running game is awesome.

Yeah whats up with Bates not being the passing QB? I thought he had a great arm last year. To me he's the whole package! This other guy must be something else!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by patriot69:
Posted by FBall14:

I'm not a Centennial fan, and before the Brentwood/Centennial game I didn't beleive in them one bit...but they proved something to everyone around here against Brentwood...this Centennial team can't be taken lightly, Brentwood got lucky to come away with a win...

i agree with u. i thought brentwood a was big bad 5-A team but after the performance agianst us (page) they didnt showm me anything thats was good. if brentwood stays at home they win everygame. if brentwood leaves home field and plays away they will lose. and then u ask y its cus of the REFS. but now i have respect for chs there a good ball club now but they a long rest of the season. so good luck on your season. for brentwood stay at home if u plan on winning cus if u dont u will lose every game. if i had anything to do with the ratings i would put chs in the top 10 and bhs in the top 30.

I get a real kick out of the Page mastery of the English language; almost as much as their altered perception of reality. So the officials were pulling for Brentwood, huh? Is that why 2 touchdowns were called back on calls some 40 yards away from the play on the complete opposite side of the field? Is that why personal fouls were called against BHS after a Page player speared him in the back in the endzone? Get real-the refs didn't lose the game for you. As for Centennial-Franklin: This will be a war, with both teams extremely confident. If the Cougars can take Rebs out of the passing game, this could be real close. If Rebs stop Cougar running attack, Franklin has it easy. Kicking game is definite plus for Franklin; I go with Franklin by 10 pts.

Posted by stringmusic:

Has anyone seen this team enough to know if they are for real? Seems they are playing very tough agressive defense, and they have their moments on offense. It seems they may have difficulty if they are stopped on the ground, or are they "saving" it til needed. Any feedback would be appreciated....

Centennial is for real, but Franklin is the real deal! We've played both teams and each one can give any team fits if they show up with their A game! If the Rebel team that played Lincoln Co. shows up the Cougars have a chance, but if the team that played Blackman shows up it will be along night for them(for anyone for that matter)! The rebs have alot of great players with speed at alot of positions! The kicker is probably in the top 3 in the state, he makes field position very one sided! My pick: Franklin 39 Centennial 6 Good luck to both teams and may you guys stay healthy and injury free!!! :rolleyes:;):)

Posted by slim589:
Posted by stringmusic:

Has anyone seen this team enough to know if they are for real? Seems they are playing very tough agressive defense, and they have their moments on offense. It seems they may have difficulty if they are stopped on the ground, or are they "saving" it til needed. Any feedback would be appreciated....

Centennial is for real, but Franklin is the real deal! We've played both teams and each one can give any team fits if they show up with their A game! If the Rebel team that played Lincoln Co. shows up the Cougars have a chance, but if the team that played Blackman shows up it will be along night for them(for anyone for that matter)! The rebs have alot of great players with speed at alot of positions! The kicker is probably in the top 3 in the state, he makes field position very one sided! My pick: Franklin 39 Centennial 6 Good luck to both teams and may you guys stay healthy and injury free!!! :rolleyes:;):)

WOW!!! slim589,you must be truly remarkable. You say in the above board that "we've played both of them". This to poses an extreme problem with your analysis since the two teams have not played ONE common opponent. Centennial has played 5 games against Warren County, Spring Hill, Page, Brentwood, and Father Ryan. Franklin on the other hand seems to have played six games. Against Lincoln County, Columbia, Henry Co., Blackman, Clarksville, and McGavock. Have you switched schools since the season started? If not how can this be that you have played both? Don't necessarily disagree with your prediction on the game, however just wondering how you were basing your prediction. franklin does seem extremely explosive, however they have not played a defense with the speed and depth of CENTENNIAL'S. It should be a good one

Enjoy the games....

Posted by stringmusic:
Posted by slim589:
Posted by stringmusic:

Centennial is for real, but Franklin is the real deal! We've played both teams and each one can give any team fits if they show up with their A game! If the Rebel team that played Lincoln Co. shows up the Cougars have a chance, but if the team that played Blackman shows up it will be along night for them(for anyone for that matter)! The rebs have alot of great players with speed at alot of positions! The kicker is probably in the top 3 in the state, he makes field position very one sided! My pick: Franklin 39 Centennial 6 Good luck to both teams and may you guys stay healthy and injury free!!! ;):):rolleyes:

WOW!!! slim589,you must be truly remarkable. You say in the above board that "we've played both of them". This to poses an extreme problem with your analysis since the two teams have not played ONE common opponent. Centennial has played 5 games against Warren County, Spring Hill, Page, Brentwood, and Father Ryan. Franklin on the other hand seems to have played six games. Against Lincoln County, Columbia, Henry Co., Blackman, Clarksville, and McGavock. Have you switched schools since the season started? If not how can this be that you have played both? Don't necessarily disagree with your prediction on the game, however just wondering how you were basing your prediction. franklin does seem extremely explosive, however they have not played a defense with the speed and depth of CENTENNIAL'S. It should be a good one

Enjoy the games....

Slow down big fella! Shows what you know! We did play both teams this year. I didn't say we played both teams on the schedule! We scrimaged Centennial in the spring and this summer, so we know them pretty well! So you see they have faced common opponents(know it all)! Both teams are formidable, it's just I think the Rebels have more speed and talent on offense and defense! ;)