Raby leaves OS?

bulldogqueen

Being from Oakdale I don't have any real interest in this but in the spirit of debate I'll continue.....

4 Straight District 4A Championships, 2 Regional Championships, and 4 trips to Boro' What exactly is there to justify? I think CMC is top rate. What exactly would you have to say to her? You want to discuss someone els's child with her. A coach doesn't have the right to discuss someone els's kid with you. I have a daughter and if someone approached the coach about removing my child from the game we would have problems. Let the coach do their job which CMC is doing if you cant handle playing for a competitive top rate program maybe you shouldn't be playing. Most kids would love to be in a program with that kind of success.

Super Dave, I never once said that anyone wanted to approach the coach about any kid or even there own kid.I don't care what Coach it is sometimes a parent needs to talk to the coach just as you would talk to your childs teacher.I just hate to see more kids from OS walk away. :lol:

I must have misunderstood you I thought you said that you wanted CMC to justify why one child was on the court over another. That one is my bad :) I just think from observation that the best coaches are those who are supported by the admin, and run their programs. CMC is in charge of her program and I like that about her. From what I've seen that is how Hines at Coalfield is also. I agree you do have to show you care for your players. If one is in the hospital a coach should certainly check on them. I just don't know what all there is to talk about with a coach from the game. If I didn't trust a coach I would look for a school that had one I did, not trying to be hateful just saying.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from Oakdale I don't have any real interest in this but in the spirit of debate I'll continue.....

4 Straight District 4A Championships, 2 Regional Championships, and 4 trips to Boro' What exactly is there to justify? I think CMC is top rate. What exactly would you have to say to her? You want to discuss someone els's child with her. A coach doesn't have the right to discuss someone els's kid with you. I have a daughter and if someone approached the coach about removing my child from the game we would have problems. Let the coach do their job which CMC is doing if you cant handle playing for a competitive top rate program maybe you shouldn't be playing. Most kids would love to be in a program with that kind of success.

Super Dave, I never once said that anyone wanted to approach the coach about any kid or even there own kid.I don't care what Coach it is sometimes a parent needs to talk to the coach just as you would talk to your childs teacher.I just hate to see more kids from OS walk away. :lol:

I must have misunderstood you I thought you said that you wanted CMC to justify why one child was on the court over another. That one is my bad :) I just think from observation that the best coaches are those who are supported by the admin, and run their programs. CMC is in charge of her program and I like that about her. From what I've seen that is how Hines at Coalfield is also. I agree you do have to show you care for your players. If one is in the hospital a coach should certainly check on them. I just don't know what all there is to talk about with a coach from the game. If I didn't trust a coach I would look for a school that had one I did, not trying to be hateful just saying.

I appreciated that comment didn't mean to mislead, were cool superdave!

Just a little FYI..... SHE WILL TALK TO PARENTS JUST NOT ABOUT PLAYING TIME OR TO BE JUMPED!! Which is most always the case!! I learnt that from SEVERAL former coaches and coaches I have mentored with. It would be a great world if everyone walked in a coaches shoes for a few days just so they can see what life is really like on the outside of their team. I am responding to this simply to say you can bash my coaching ALL day long but please don't bash my character and love for my kids!!! It would be so different if I was mean to the kids! But every thing I do the first thing I always think of is THEM!!! And do remember that OUR CHILDREN read this board and they are sometimes damaged by what people like you say. Maybe for LIFE!!! It is also interesting that you were a grandmother and people were able to email you on monday but today your email is private and you no longer have any profile information!! I hope you are not a parent or player!!! Maybe you should talk to your coach while there is no playing time available because there is NO TEAM yet. Thay will not happen till Nov 1. So how can she switch players that dont even play the same position or technically not even on the team yet!! I will never please everybody,hopefully when these girls get on their own they will learn LIFE LESSONS from basketball. Another FYI.... always wait to see if they are going to get up when they get hurt. If coach walks on the floor they have to come out!! Well maybe they are needed in the game if at all possible!! I think I stood when my own was hurt!!!! Dont care huh!!!???? Please dont judge my care or character for these PRECIOUS KIDS!!!! I love them more than anything!!! I will stand up for them against ANYBODY!!!

This is coach Leffew and I am glad coach Christopher has spoken up on this subject I wanted to say somethings but I was not going to answer for her, But I can tell you for a fact that no one cares more for the girls at OS than she does. We love these kids and want way more for them than can anyone can imagine.

Michelle Christopher is a great coach and does a fantastic job but more than that she is a great person. I support her and I believe in what she does as a person and a coach.

Edited by Hopi

I just think about how much things have changed from when I was in school. You looked up to your coach and saw them as a role model, and your parents told you things like listen to your coach. Now it seems like all the public does is make hateful comments about coaches.

If a coach wins as a result of talent it should be also understood that when they lose it is by in large due to a lack of talent. I'm glad coaches have began standing up and stating their side of things. Hateful people always try to tear down.

A couple years ago you would have found me on here being as hateful as anyone, but I've thought about it and I just don't think that a HS coach if they are of good integrity and are solid role models for their kids should be victim of all that.

The way I see it now is I want to see 4A be as strong as it can be, because it will help this dist get the respect it deserves. A team from 4a will win the state someday and if it is my alma mater Oakdale or O.S. or Wartburg or Jellico I will be proud. Stability means sooooo much to a program. Lets get after each other on the hardwood and not on here!

SuperDave.....a team from 4-A has won the State before.....Oneida '98. :thumb:

Kaz

p.s. CMC, you are one stand-up person....don't listen to hate, listen to heart! :thumb:

I know that but that's like 1 to 7a's 800 or whatever. Right now there isn't a program that is on that level in 4a. I was saying I'll be proud to see 2-3 schools elevate to that point. I think that O.S., Coalfield, and Wartburg need one more really good team to step up to give 4a some respect state wide

Coach K has and is doing a great job with OS, my Daughter played for her for 3 1/2 years and never had a bad word to say about her and she helped her through some diffcult times as a young HS girl that had nothing to do with basketball. Also helped her recieve a a free 4 year college degree.She is now teaching and coaching herself and i am sure she would tell you she owes alot of thanks to Coach K. :rolleyes:

Coach K has and is doing a great job with OS, my Daughter played for her for 3 1/2 years and never had a bad word to say about her and she helped her through some diffcult times as a young HS girl that had nothing to do with basketball. Also helped her recieve a a free 4 year college degree.She is now teaching and coaching herself and i am sure she would tell you she owes alot of thanks to Coach K. :rolleyes:

Your daughter is teaching and coaching :blink: I remember her as a little girl, gosh you're getting old :o

Better take care of Coach K, she is devoted and I know some of her mentors and seen some of the results.

Your daughter is teaching and coaching :blink: I remember her as a little girl, gosh you're getting old :o

Better take care of Coach K, she is devoted and I know some of her mentors and seen some of the results.

Your not getting any younger yourself my freind, hope everything is good for you maybe see you somewhere this year. :rolleyes:

To say the least, District 4a has some of the best coaches around as said well eairler before. Also said before, I believe we bash them too much! They all know what they need to win, and by george they will give all they have for their team also! I'm sure CMC is not the only coach refuses to talk to parents. The question to ask yourself is "Would you talk to fussy parents that just want to complain and argue because their kid is not play?" NO!

This district will be a competition of who wants it more. They all have want it takes to get to the top. It will just depend on who is playing well that night.

Coalfield will be a good team agian this year as they always are because of Jordan and now sophomore Hamby.

Oakdale did not lose anyone and will give everyone a run for their money!

Sunbright has lost their 2 best players to ACL, nad that will hurt them very much who will step up for them?

Wartburg lost Lowe to ACL also and they will still be close to top.

OZ lost 3 key players but will still pull their own weight with Murry, Christopher, Harvey, and Carter.. They lost 7 seniors 2 years ago and manage to win District??

Most coaches don't want to talk to parents about their kids not getting to play, but some parents would like to talk to the coaches about other things, more than that but coaches wouldn't know that if they aren't willing to talk. I can understand not wanting to talk about parents whinning because their kid ain't playing whenever they should understand that the coach is doing what they need to do in order to win that game, but whenever you have a question about something completely different than playing time and they won't talk then you have to go to someone else to find out, that's just not right in my eyes.

To say the least, District 4a has some of the best coaches around as said well eairler before. Also said before, I believe we bash them too much! They all know what they need to win, and by george they will give all they have for their team also! I'm sure CMC is not the only coach refuses to talk to parents. The question to ask yourself is "Would you talk to fussy parents that just want to complain and argue because their kid is not play?" NO!

This district will be a competition of who wants it more. They all have want it takes to get to the top. It will just depend on who is playing well that night.

Coalfield will be a good team agian this year as they always are because of Jordan and now sophomore Hamby.

Oakdale did not lose anyone and will give everyone a run for their money!

Sunbright has lost their 2 best players to ACL, nad that will hurt them very much who will step up for them?

Wartburg lost Lowe to ACL also and they will still be close to top.

OZ lost 3 key players but will still pull their own weight with Murry, Christopher, Harvey, and Carter.. They lost 7 seniors 2 years ago and manage to win District??