5) St George's

6) Germantown

7) St Mary's

8) Briarcrest

9) Hutchison

10) White Station

Gut-Feel PRE Season picks. Let the slinging begin

Pretty solid IMO.

I think that 1-3 are really strong picks. 4-10 could probably be and probably will flop around a bit as the trials and tribulations of the season take effect. I would think that ECS and Harding, based on recent year's would be in that mix for top 10 as well.

St. Mary's at #7 peaks my interest a little. I am guessing they did not lose much from last year? SG not lose too much as well?

Your pick: Week 2 - St. Mary's @ Hutchison - opening game @ Hutchison's new expansive turf field.

I seemed to have missed your wild guess

Maybe because I was looking for a real answer, not sarcasm.

I honestly do not know enough about St. Mary's to venture a guess. I know that they had improved last year, but I am unaware of their losses to graduation. I believe their top scorer or two are still there, but not sure.

Hutchison has talent, but its mostly young and they are still working in a new system under a new coach. Most are back or are due back from preseason injuries, so they are a little better off than they were just a week ago in that respect.

I am sure the field will play a factor to some degree. The turf will play faster and the bounces take some getting used too. That was something Hutchison learned in a hurry last year in the substate @ Father Ryan.

What games does Collierville have coming up? Any big ones?