Post Mortem - Farragut vs Dobyns-Bennett

richt19

Some observations from the Farragut point of view......

They ran the ball 17 times.....

- Hudson, #3, had 6 rushes for 66 yards (avg 11)

- The rest of the team (3 or 4 RBs/QB) 11 rushes for 33 Yards (avg 3)

If Hudson had the same number of rushes as Sensabaugh, 19, and maintained

his 11 avg that would have given him 209 yards rushing. Even if he only

averaged half of the 11 (5.5) after his first 6 rushes that still would

have given him 138 yards vs 124 for Sensabaugh. Maybe a closer game.

Turnovers......3 fumbles for Farragut, lost 1, but the recovered fumble hurt

just as much. Ball in the DB 2 yard line, 2nd and goal. Three shots at moving

the ball 2 yards. Fumble, they recovered on the 8 for 3rd and 8. QB ran for

minimal gain. Missed short field goal. Perhaps they should have had 7. Maybe

a closer game.

The lost fumble on the kick-off in 4th qtr led to DB's 4th TD. No fumble...Maybe a

closer game.

DB, except for Hudson, stopped Farragut's running game. They only tried 5 passes

with 3 completions. When the running game was stopped perhaps more pass attempts

would have helped open up the running game more. Maybe a closer game.

I realize winning and losing is made up of missed opportunities and mistakes. Winning

teams take advantage of their scoring opportunites and make fewer mistakes. DB

took advantage of their opportunities, for the most part, and made fewer mistakes.

Dobyns Bennett played a very good game on both sides of the ball.

Farragut has a young, mostly inexperienced team. As the season goes on I believe

they will significantly improve, fewer mistakes and become opportunistic. I think

they will see improvement against Oak Ridge, and win.

My Monday Morning Quarterbacking.......

a closer game.

The lost fumble on the kick-off in 4th qtr led to DB's 4th TD. No fumble...Maybe a

closer game.

DB, except for Hudson, stopped Farragut's running game. They only tried 5 passes

with 3 completions. When the running game was stopped perhaps more pass attempts

I realize winning and losing is made up of missed opportunities and mistakes. Winning

took advantage of their opportunities, for the most part, and made fewer mistakes.

Farragut has a young, mostly inexperienced team. As the season goes on I believe

they will significantly improve, fewer mistakes and become opportunistic. I think

If I had 30 minutes to waste I would come up with a scenario where DB would of won the game 75 - 0. :)

If Hudson...

DB, except for Hudson

I realize winning and losing is made up of missed opportunities and mistakes.

So I guess you are saying 'if my Aunt was my Hudson...'

C'mon man! I am pretty sure that as well as the Indians played last night (and they looked Good!) I'm sure they are going to improve and only get better like a fine wine as the season goes along. The 1-2-3-4 punch of the skill backs will be a load for any team to tackle as the season goes along.

Roll Tribe!

a closer game.

closer game.

I can see the glass half full perspective...but main reason 3 didn't carry the ball more was because he was getting pounded. The reason there were fewer throws was due to the QB being on the run and flushed out. And the reason for the 3 fumbles, including the kick off return,was great defense and big time pressure. So it is feasible that the ball could bounce a different way next time, but last night was not that night... the score was kind and the game was not that close.

a closer game.

closer game.

Dude, that's more than Monday morning quarterbacking--that's constructing an alternate universe. You sound remarkably like the Admiral radio crew after the game. You can't get tripled up in yards, first downs, and touchdowns and be equal in turnovers and somehow construct a credible argument that you were "this close" to winning. Unless your argument is "if everything that they did right went wrong, and everything we did wrong went right, we would have won!" Which every team could do after every loss. And BTW, I wouldn't rely on stats from the KNS article that credited "Cody" Sensabaugh with 124 yards. Chris Sensabaugh actually had 168 yards. :) Good luck the rest of the way.

a closer game.

closer game.

Farragut must get more speed on the field, then USE IT!

On defense, speed is lacking on the perimeter. I would like to see Hudson at OLB or Bandit, not DE and NT. I think Fain could help here as well. He has good wheels, and could contribute right away rather than standing on the sidelines.

On offense, Johnson and Perez have got to get more touches! Their talent/speed is being wasted!

I would also like to see Freeman in the backfield as a fullback in the 2 back set. He will blow people up lead blocking on the ISO. Besides why do you need four wideouts if you're only going to throw 5 passes? I would rather have a hoss to lead block.

Incidentally, Freeman needs to get his feet under him on defense. He can't fire off the ball because his base is so extended. Come on coaches, coach the kid! He has tremendous potential! While you're at it coaches, how about some tackling work for everyone?

Edited by Former44

While the one thing Farragut is going to have to do is throw the ball more then 5 times for one this spread offense is setup to throw to setup the run and 5 times is not enough. Quit saying Farragut is young well you have three returning offense line (and don't say they are just soph) they played alot last year at the varsity level and where is #56 is he hurt or what he was a starter at center last year and didn't even start in this game interesting there I guess he isn't good enough this year. You have 2 running backs that player last year #3 and #2 and #9 at receiver which he had #20 and #9 last year to help him out beside being 5'6 at receiver kind of hard when you got DB's 6'0. I will agree with former44 about the defense DB ate us up outside, up the middle every where. I here there is a freshman LB that is really good you might want to bring him up to help you out at LB. I know Farragut likes the 3-5-3 but this defense doesn't work for this team. You got to have strong fast players to play this amd your 3 down guys aren't there and your LB's. You might want to look at a 4-3-4 and play a cover 2 in your DB's. If Farragut don't make some changes this year I see them going 2-8 or 3-7 sad for a program like this.

The offense need to get out this spread and run a I formation with #41 as your fullback and add a tightend your QB can't throw the long ball that well and if you are only going to throw it 5 times a game. you can do more with this tean this way and help your QB out with just throwing some short passes to the tight end and maybe throw a long every now and then.

Edited by allvolfan1