Does the Jackson Sun need some writers?

mrbigster

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After The Way They Have Shunned Us For Years...We Aint Doing Nothing For Free! :twisted:

The Tennessean and The Daily News Journal told me when I called in Stats Friday night, that they did not even want complete stats. They said " to just hit the highlights" in our game. I've been told that they do not have the personnel or the space in the paper to cover all games. It is a shame but it is due to our economy and they have reduced their staffs significantly. They took top 3 rushers, passer, top 2 receivers. Did not take Punting Stats or Scoring by quarter or complete offensive stats. How are they going to do area leaders if they do not take all the stats. Better yet, it will make choosing All-State interesting if stats are not compiled.

The Tennessean and The Daily News Journal told me when I called in Stats Friday night, that they did not even want complete stats. They said " to just hit the highlights" in our game. I've been told that they do not have the personnel or the space in the paper to cover all games. It is a shame but it is due to our economy and they have reduced their staffs significantly. They took top 3 rushers, passer, top 2 receivers. Did not take Punting Stats or Scoring by quarter or complete offensive stats. How are they going to do area leaders if they do not take all the stats. Better yet, it will make choosing All-State interesting if stats are not compiled.

It Just Goes To Prove That Exposure For Young Athelete's Is Critical. And They Are Worried About The Almighty Dollar. It's A Shame When A Used Lawnmower Get's More Coverage Than Our Kid's. I Know Not Everyone Is Into Sports, But I Feel A More In Depth Look At Area Sports Is Something Alot Of Us Would Read. Now My Son Doesn't Play Anymore, But When I Hear Of A Stellar Athelete Or A Good Program Within My Range I Go And See Em. And I've Never Regretted. Some Of the Best And Warmest People Are At These Games On Friday Night. And Most Are Going Unnoticed Like 2 Ships Passing In The Night. But Thank CoachT For What He's Done, I've Met Some Really Cool People And Made Some Good Friends I Wouldn't Have Met Otherwise. :thumb:

Edited by Butchie

Well This Is A Sore Subject With Me....And Here's Why...I Went to The TCA/Mckenzie Game Last Year....A Real Wet, Stormy Night....TCA Jumps Up 10 To 0 On Me Rebels...But Adjustments Was Made On Defense And We Went On To Win The Game....Now I Am Biased To My Rebels...I Don't think I Show It Much..But Uh...This Dude Slates His Report To Sugar Coat The Loss To Mckenzie To More Or Less A Fluke!....Go Figure? :twisted:

So is the glass half empty or half full. It's always going to depend on who's describing it.

Even WBBJ, on many occasions, will hype up the 2 good things a team that just lost by 6TDs did and then end with the statement - but HBT will roll in this one 54 - 18. No matter who tells it - it will always be bias. (see that was a bias statement for me to slip that HBT score in there) :mrgreen:

But in the Sun - no one is even telling it. <_<

The way we use the internet - no one's buying papers or magazines anymore.

I'm in Bigster...would even write up the Halls games if we came in at 12:30 every week (man what a long trip).

Listen, tt, only 3 of y'all would want to read about Halls. Now, if I were to write up some Covington info, OTOH, that might be worthwhile.lol!

How are you? I did not even know you were on this board. You can tell from my sig who I am, though.

I could take care of the Rebs from OC....Purple and Gold for UC.....Devil Alumni for SF.....Then we'd have all of Obion County covered...

You could've done that with your uncle up in Mayfield.... :roflol:

I'll hold off a year...I'm going to watch my son this year...I don't think the Sun would be too interested in a rundown of his routes,catches,blocks and TD's EVERY single report....Haha...

BTW...I haved e-mailed Parrott as well..He didn't mind getting back in touch with you...I don't know about this Borenstein guy...I've about given up on them...I tried to get a subscription to them twice...They wouldn't throw the dang paper to the house...So, I had to cancel twice and get my money back...

Listen, tt, only 3 of y'all would want to read about Halls. Now, if I were to write up some Covington info, OTOH, that might be worthwhile.lol!

How are you? I did not even know you were on this board. You can tell from my sig who I am, though.

Ya'll need to post more....Even when you guys were good, nobody posted....The Haywood and Ripley bunch is the same way....

Now we all know who the darlings of the Jackson Sun are. USJ....JCS....Trinity...Milan....Liberty....South Side if they are doing well....now North Side will start getting headlines again now that they are having success again. I am a Humboldt fan, so imagine my shock when I see absolutely NOTHING about the team that is just 15 minutes down the road from Jackson. I don't mean the other 15 minutes to Milan because....well...note that I have already stated Milan is a darling so of course it's covered. They even covered McKenzie and Adamsville, which are much further away than Humboldt! The Jackson Sun stinks, and that is all that can be said. Matthew Borenstein is from Kansas or somewhere "not from around here" so we just have to excuse his TOTAL lack of perspective and knowledge....and I mean COMPLETE and TOTAL LACK of perspective and knowledge. I am at every Humboldt game so I will provide a complete report here. Go Vikings!!!!

Now we all know who the darlings of the Jackson Sun are. USJ....JCS....Trinity...Milan....Liberty....South Side if they are doing well....now North Side will start getting headlines again now that they are having success again. I am a Humboldt fan, so imagine my shock when I see absolutely NOTHING about the team that is just 15 minutes down the road from Jackson. I don't mean the other 15 minutes to Milan because....well...note that I have already stated Milan is a darling so of course it's covered. They even covered McKenzie and Adamsville, which are much further away than Humboldt! The Jackson Sun stinks, and that is all that can be said. Matthew Borenstein is from Kansas or somewhere "not from around here" so we just have to excuse his TOTAL lack of perspective and knowledge....and I mean COMPLETE and TOTAL LACK of perspective and knowledge. I am at every Humboldt game so I will provide a complete report here. Go Vikings!!!!

:roflolk: