Cocke Co. @ South Greene

budkilmer

This may be the best team the ole Roosters have had in a while. If all their big boys are healthy they arent bad up front. I think CCHS pulls out a win in this one.

Really? I haven't seen Cocke County but I heard they were very small and not very talented. Heard it could be a pretty bad year for Newport. Maybe I heard wrong. Just figured the Rebs would pull another one out.

Really? I haven't seen Cocke County but I heard they were very small and not very talented. Heard it could be a pretty bad year for Newport. Maybe I heard wrong. Just figured the Rebs would pull another one out.

they are actually fairly big when they are healthy. They didn't look terrible against Mo East in the jamboree , and played Boone fairly tough in a scrimmage. Don't get me wrong they still have tons of work to do but they should be better than last year.

Edited by old24eagle

Hoping to see the Big Red return to being the team people were accustomed to well over a decade ago. It will take time for this new staff to build a winning program, though.

That's good to hear for Newport. It's always tough for a small school with a little over 500 students take on a school with well over 1,000. I still expect this to be a close one that comes down to the wire. If Cocke Co. has any size you guys are talking about, it will give the Rebels fits. They are somewhat small. However, does Cocke Co. have any speed to keep up with Shuffler?