Rocky Top League

BigOllie

Rocky Top League Results (Week 1)

Here are the Pilot Rocky Top Fall League results from Aug. 21 (Week 1). Rosters and schedules are after the jump (link) below.

Team Johnson 81, Team Nabors 79 -- Team Johnson: Will Winton (Bearden) 23pts, Andrew Barnette (Pigeon Forge) 17pts, DeQuan Wright (Bearden) 14pts; Team Nabors: Rico White (Bearden) 22pts, JuJuan Williams (Knoxville West) 14pts

Blount County 57, Union County 42 -- Blount County: Cody Malicotte (Jellico) 16pts; Union County: Phillip Cox (Union County) 15pts

Cumberland/Roane County 69, Sevier County 51 -- Cumberland/Roane County: Brock Rowan (Stone Memorial) 21pts, Jethro Griffin (Sequoyah) 17pts; Sevier County: Jose Agosto (Gatlinburg-Pittman) 15pts

Team Kimber 62, Team Naler 55 -- Team Kimber: Jaylen Allen (Science Hill) 24pts, Shannon Hale (Science Hill) 13pts; Team Naler -- Galen Campbell (Fulton) 24pts.

Tri-Cities 72, Team Lee 55 -- TriCities: Dustin Clarke (Avery County) 18pts, Logan Lyle (Unicoi County) 16pts; Team Lee -- Lucas Branch (Knoxville Catholic) 14pts.

Team Pierson 59, Anderson County 56 -- Team Pierson: Lester Wilson (Carter) 27pts; Anderson County: Lonnie McClanahan (Oak Ridge) 17pts, Alan Holt (Anderson County) 16pts.

Pilot Rocky Top High School Fall League

Aug. 28 at Anderson County

9 a.m. -- Team Pierson vs. Union County

10 a.m. -- Team Nabors vs. Team Smith

11 a.m. -- Team Kimber vs. Blount County

Noon -- Tri-Cities vs. Cumberland County

1 -- Anderson County vs. Team Naler

2 -- Sevier County vs. Team Johnson

Two or three pretty good players on each team, then it drops off a lot. Not sure who the best team is yet, but the Sevier County teams looks like it doesn't really belong. Hard to tell early on though.

Well I think you have to give these boys a chance, not really good for players or coaches trying to pick teams...Every team has some good players on them..I don't really understand how the teams were picked maybe they should have been more even with the players on each team...There are some players that are more advanced than others..So if they had put more thought in these teams maybe it would more exciting to watch these teams...I'm really for this league so we will all see in the end if everything was fair with picking teams...Go Rocky Top!!

Well I think you have to give these boys a chance, not really good for players or coaches trying to pick teams...Every team has some good players on them..I don't really understand how the teams were picked maybe they should have been more even with the players on each team...There are some players that are more advanced than others..So if they had put more thought in these teams maybe it would more exciting to watch these teams...I'm really for this league so we will all see in the end if everything was fair with picking teams...Go Rocky Top!!

they try to split the teams up as even as possible. the problem is that the knoxville players, as a whole, are head and shoulders better than the kids from surrounding counties. there are a few exeptions, but ONLY a few. honestly, no person named jethro will ever be able to stop lester wilson or galen campbell (or me for that matter).

they try to split the teams up as even as possible. the problem is that the knoxville players, as a whole, are head and shoulders better than the kids from surrounding counties. there are a few exeptions, but ONLY a few. honestly, no person named jethro will ever be able to stop lester wilson or galen campbell (or me for that matter).

Depends on how you measure "head and shoulders" - in the 2 dates I have watched so far, there have been alot of "me first" play, especially from those same Knoxville teams. It is a showcase though, so some of that is to be expected as players look to impress visiting coaches. Problem is, alot of those same coaches value "team" ball as much (and in many cases more) as pure athletic talent.

BTW, Fulton led team lost to Anderson Co led team and Sevier Co team took their game against the West/Bearden led team . . . things might be a little more even than first thought.

Edited by MMcCroskey

Didn't some of the AC&GP boys play together this summer? That probably helps,but if you play fundamental basketball you will always give yourself a chance. The two GP kids on that team play their guts out while a couple better known GP players are "mailing it in". Give me the ones with floor burns and willing to make the good pass to a team mate ANYDAY!!

Well everyone thinks there is only Knoxville players that are good...Well I have watched these players play and some are really good basketball players and some get their name out there and everyone expects so much out of these players....A great basketball player has got to play offense and defense and play team basketball...When you talk about all the points some players score you have to look at how many times that player shoots and

how many baskets they make..In the end maybe if everyone watches these games and pays attention to what i have posted and keeps up with team basketball then we will decide how great a player is...