Week 1

MVM

1..Baylor..Duh

2..GPS..Their GK will keep them in alot of games.

3..Fighting Leprechauns..I'll let "D" explain why.

4..CCS.. Good mix of upper and lower class men. All they need is time to put it together.

5..Cleveland..See CCS

6..Soddy.."Young"

7..Signal Mtn..Watch Out A-AA teams in Chatt. Town...Signal's coming

8..McMinn Co..I don't know why but everyone in the area always leave them out of their polls?

9..Boyd..

10..East Hamilton

Not seeing too many big local match ups in Chattanooga as the 2nd half of Week 1 continues, maybe the BOYD Buchanan v. Signal Mountain game will put some clarification in MVM's #7 and #9 ?

D

McMinn must just be to close to the middle of Knoxville and Chatt. As far as the team, I have heard they have the strikers but can they put it all togethor and play like a team. Large Freshman group that is mixed in with varsity, they will do something in a few years, for now we will see if their new coach can put something togethor.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Tennessean, Baylor beat CPA 2-1. I know that Baylor is predicted to be the best in Chattanooga. CPA has an amazing coach that prepares her team well in the few years she has been coaching at CPA. However, this score is closer than I would've thought. Anyone see this game and can comment?

According to the Tennessean, Baylor beat CPA 2-1. I know that Baylor is predicted to be the best in Chattanooga. CPA has an amazing coach that prepares her team well in the few years she has been coaching at CPA. However, this score is closer than I would've thought. Anyone see this game and can comment?

I agree, I would have expected a bigger scoring from Baylor, even though I would suspect CPA is strong again this year...perhaps the loss of Mackenzie Thomas has a bigger impact than expected, or is CPA stronger this year ? (we'll see how Notre Dame does against CPA tonight at the Baylor Tourney)...Awaiting a game review...

D

I agree, I would have expected a bigger scoring from Baylor, even though I would suspect CPA is strong again this year...perhaps the loss of Mackenzie Thomas has a bigger impact than expected, or is CPA stronger this year ? (we'll see how Notre Dame does against CPA tonight at the Baylor Tourney)...Awaiting a game review...

D

This was a good game. CPA was very well organized and had some really nice players, especially on defense. However, team depth allowed Baylor to dominate possession thoughout. I don't know the shot statistics but it had to be 10:1 in Baylor's favor. CPA had one real shot, a 25 yard beauty of a strike. Baylor also had a goal taken away for a foul on a corner kick.

I imagine the CPA/ND game will be a tight match between similar teams. Could ND's "unique" home field advantage be the difference? Just had to bring that up in case you know who is still reading these posts. :P

This was a good game. CPA was very well organized and had some really nice players, especially on defense. However, team depth allowed Baylor to dominate possession thoughout. I don't know the shot statistics but it had to be 10:1 in Baylor's favor. CPA had one real shot, a 25 yard beauty of a strike. Baylor also had a goal taken away for a foul on a corner kick.

I imagine the CPA/ND game will be a tight match between similar teams. Could ND's "unique" home field advantage be the difference? Just had to bring that up in case you know who is still reading these posts. :P

Ok, before everyone starts dinging me, I know that the ND/CPA game is at Baylor. ;)

There are several ways.

1) If the player changes schools that is over a certain mileage away (Somewhere between 40-50 miles)

2) Parents divorce resulting in change of schools due to custody issues.

3) Parent becomes the coach at the new school

4) Certain hardships that are done on individual basis.

Otherwise, the player has to sit out Varsity contest for 1 calendar year from their last date of participation as a member of that team (i.e. practice, game, etc)

Just guessing as to the player in question, but she did not play soccer last year at her old school. She did run track, so I assume she will have to sit that out at her new school come spring.

Just guessing as to the player in question, but she did not play soccer last year at her old school. She did run track, so I assume she will have to sit that out at her new school come spring.

EDIT: Wrong kid, though the above info is accurate. No idea on the other one in question. One should not try to figure out the "logic" used by the TSSAA.

EDIT: Wrong kid, though the above info is accurate. No idea on the other one in question. One should not try to figure out the "logic" used by the TSSAA.

The player in question played in a district playoff game last year and is playing on a different team in the same district this year. I am sure it is legit, just curious as to under what circumstances this is allowed.

The player in question played in a district playoff game last year and is playing on a different team in the same district this year. I am sure it is legit, just curious as to under what circumstances this is allowed.

My guess is if they went from a private to a public school they were granted a hardship because of financial reasons. Some of the privates in this area have a history of providing financial assistance until the kid reaches the senior year. Then they take it away and give it to a younger player in a different sport that they think they might have a shot at winning a state title. The TSSAA will normally grant the kid a hardship especially if the private screws them going into their senior year. I would say ban financial aid but history shows that won’t work, the privates will just find a way around the rule:-)

My guess is if they went from a private to a public school they were granted a hardship because of financial reasons. Some of the privates in this area have a history of providing financial assistance until the kid reaches the senior year. Then they take it away and give it to a younger player in a different sport that they think they might have a shot at winning a state title. The TSSAA will normally grant the kid a hardship especially if the private screws them going into their senior year. I would say ban financial aid but history shows that won’t work, the privates will just find a way around the rule:-)

Before this gets into a Public/Private debate...Let me remind everyone that the topic is Week 1 (Chattanooga Area), NOT Transfers. My I suggest you guys start your on topic.....

hardship waivers can be applied for at anytime for an athlete. we don't know the whole circumstance around this situation so it is time to move on. MVM had it right, if you want to debate TSSAA policy on public/private or transfers, we have a place for that. Please get back on topic. I don't see the need to speak of a specific player or situation when the point of the thread was to discuss the kick start to another great season of soccer. Good Luck to all. Lets talk some soccer!!!!