Henry County vs. Humboldt

RedSwarm10

Well the Henry County Patriots will host the Humboldt Vikings in Week 1, which is this Friday. HC is looking to bounce back from a loss to Liberty, and expectations are high down in Humboldt for this season. Humboldt is a fast, well coached team with some very high aspirations. They beat Gibson County pretty good Friday night. And Henry County appears to still be working out some of the kinks with their young, but fast, talented, and deep team. So what are we expecting for this Friday? I think the Patriots are wanting to bounce back from the Liberty game and want to prove that they are still a top team in West Tennessee. I'll say a 27-20 win for the Patriots. What are your thoughts?

GO PATRIOTS!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Henry County Patriots will host the Humboldt Vikings in Week 1, which is this Friday. HC is looking to bounce back from a loss to Liberty, and expectations are high down in Humboldt for this season. Humboldt is a fast, well coached team with some very high aspirations. They beat Gibson County pretty good Friday night. And Henry County appears to still be working out some of the kinks with their young, but fast, talented, and deep team. So what are we expecting for this Friday? I think the Patriots are wanting to bounce back from the Liberty game and want to prove that they are still a top team in West Tennessee. I'll say a 27-20 win for the Patriots. What are your thoughts?

GO PATRIOTS!!!

HC is loaded, as usual. People, of course, come to expect that every year when facing HC. HC is incredibly deep, fast, big, talented, disciplined, and well coached. We at Humboldt have speed, but so does HC. Hum must play mistake-free and if possible cause a turnover or two. We are expecting a hostile HC after their loss to Liberty, and we must be careful not to let the high of Friday night cloud our mission this Friday. Our speed will not take us as far this Friday. I hope the Vikings make a good showing and come out on top. We also hope for no injuries and a good clean game.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

I read somewhere that the temps are going to be in the 50's Friday night! Man if thats so cramps should be no problem. Good Luck!

I read somewhere that the temps are going to be in the 50's Friday night! Man if thats so cramps should be no problem. Good Luck!

At 5:00 in the morning. KO will still be in mid 80's. But getting closer to great football weather. There will be a cramp or two setting in but that would be normal. Pats have to not turn the ball over and tackle against Humboldt.

I heard lots of talk when Counce was hired that his discipline on the Patriots would be noticable. I never noticed a Gaddis team having to run players out on the field right before kick off as I did the other night with the Patriots on several special teams. Players were either not paying attention or the coaches were not subbing for injuries properly, either way it looked disorganized. Most coaches meet with kickoff and kickoff return teams prior to taking the field on the sidleine, would be a good idea to count the players at that time.

Aside from the diorganization, I was somewhat surprised by the Patriots, they looked better than they did in the jamboree and scrimmages. Defense looked solid, momentum was taken from them several times on fumbled punts. If the defense is on the field all night, they are going to give up some plays. How many times did Henry County get a stop and either on the punt or the next couple of plays the ball was given back to Liberty? I am sure that the Patriots will recover, lets just hope it is sooner than later.

Yes i know everone but Southernfootball knows that! If he don't think the Pat's don't have speed he has never seen them play!

I have seen them play many times, and after losing all the starters there the last couple of years I dont see anything like it use to be. And the way yall make it sound, this coach isnt helping the situation.

I have seen them play many times, and after losing all the starters there the last couple of years I dont see anything like it use to be. And the way yall make it sound, this coach isnt helping the situation.

We lose starters every year. This year's team as a whole actually looks faster than last year's. It just has nowhere near as much experience. And Counce coached here for 10 years from '84-'93 and compiled a 74-38 record. Most of us aren't worried in the least about the coaching situation.

Edited by RedSwarm10